Dislike Button

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by MEDS, Aug 10, 2016.

?

Eh?

1. Like

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Dislike

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. MEDS

MEDS Non-medicinal Foxicorn

So far, I've really liked the "like" button on posts, but recently I've had a hard time expressing my disapproval for some posts. There have been several recent situations where users could have simply "disliked" a post rather than expressing their entire opinion of the post and driving the topic further off topic. By making a dislike system similar to the like system, users could judge each other not only by the amount of likes they receive but also by the number of dislikes they receive allowing a more holistic rating for that user.

Please implement this on the forums!

2. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

As much as I want a functional dislike button on YouTube again, adding one here is a whole different story. I don't think people are constantly inclined to like someone's posts as they would dislike if they happened to hate the other person. Then you end up with grudgy mcgrudge fest with people disliking each other for trivial reasons, because we all know how forums are.

3. Tetrachroma

Tetrachroma Cheers to the deers

Here's a like for you.

4. Sladin5Ever

Sladin5Ever HITAKA5EVER

MadKiyo is right. People would abuse this feature just bc they wanna be dicks to other people. Its just not worth it. If you dislike a post, do so silently

nerdbat, Tetrachroma and TeslaSkunk like this.
  5. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

I don't see nothing wrong with that, honestly. Not going off topic, of course, but arguing about stuff and openly criticizing opinions you find baffling, since it can actually add something to discussion. It's a common situation on karma-based sites when a decent and informative post gets downvoted due to being an unpopular opinion. For example, try to post a comment on benefits of healthy food on some "body positive" forum or something like that, and you'll see what I mean.

6. Somnium

Somnium The Sparklewolf

Getting a dislike would brake my sparkling heart

7. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FlannelFox likes this.
  8. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Technically this works on both levels. -Which i think is implied by the commercials with that bitchin' jingle.

FlannelFox likes this.
  9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

Brake = Slow down
    Break = Destroy, crush, split, etc
    When used in terms of for instance lunch: Lunch break, summer break, etc.

Depending on when break is used, it can mean a temporary pause or to smash, destroy, etc, something.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/break

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/brake