Do you fast?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amiir, Nov 13, 2017.

?

1. I fasted only for one full day

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I fasted for multiple days on a row

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. I only skip/skipped meals

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. Fasting? Fuck that shit

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. GOTTA GO FAST

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Tiny little question I'm making for the hell of it.

I do skip meals, usually breakfast and sometimes lunch, since I'm extremely sedentary and am afraid to gain weight otherwise. So far it seems to be working I guess. I also heard having less meals extends one's lifespan but ehhh I'm not sure, gotta look into it

Gravey D. Train and Dongding like this.
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% Weaponized Autism

I don't fast.

3. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Woofer

[​IMG]

Alstren, Jarren, Filter and 9 others like this.
  4. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

Lmao fasting?? Like I could ever go longer than a few hours without food. Nice try

5. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Sláinte chugat!

Well, thanks to the recent removal of my wisdom teeth, I'm basically fasting. I'm so goddamn hungry right now.

Last night my father decided that it would be a great idea to make some delicious ribs. And then for the final blow, my mother made chocolate chip cookies afterwards. All I could do is watch - and stuff my mouth hole with mashed potatoes and yogurt.

Akartoshi and Zenoth like this.
  6. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Woofer

D:
    *feeds some damn good soup*

Akartoshi, Belatucadros and Ginza like this.
  7. Simo

Simo Skunk

Yeah, sometimes, I am too nervous to eat, and just have no desire to, or else, I get anxious over how much it costs. So I skip meals to save money, and sometimes, will just eat once a day, lunch, and crash, and go to sleep when I get home. Maybe have a snack but it's late then, and I have fears of gaining weight, and wanna weigh like 120 pounds again. I might be 140 now, and that feels too big.

Oddly, I love to cook, but I have not had the time with work and the long train commute, and in ways, this desire to not want to eat is sort of also a desire to just kind of fade away, thinner and thinner, until I'm blown away, tired, with less and less resistance, some crumpled rag.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Ayespacecake likes this.
  8. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Sláinte chugat!

Food costs are ridiculous nowadays. Kinda sad that people are resorting to simply not eating to save money. What a peachy world we live in.

Zenoth and Simo like this.
  9. Simo

Simo Skunk

Yeah. Electric costs have doubled in the past 8 years, here, rent is way, way up, mass transit costs go up all the time, insurance costs go up...and my wages have stayed almost the same. I have looked for better jobs, moved to smaller/cheaper places, sold things of value, but it's hard to keep up, just keep falling behind, so one last place to cut back, is food. But I 'make too much' to get any help, so it's hard, I mean, working full time, it gets depressing, especially now, with the holidays coming up.

I mean, I guess it's better than being homeless, I think at least 10% of people in Baltimore will be homeless at some point, in any given year. But I worry that even working, this might be me, someday. I guess the whole holiday season makes me think of this sorta 'downward spiral' I've been in, and is a hard time for me, each year, so maybe I will fast on the holidays, this year, and try and reflect on why....why...what, I am not sure.

Belatucadros likes this.
  10. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Woofer

*gives some apples and peaches that i grew from trees* :0

Akartoshi likes this.
  11. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

I usually don't eat. I used to eat 2 meals every second day. Now I pretty much just have lunch or dinner, only one meal a day.
    Mostly beacuse I get sick from everything I eat. Its not healthy to do this but I lost close to 10 pounds a month when I was eating every second day

Akartoshi likes this.
  12. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

I skip meals quite a lot. I usually eat a large supper and that's it. Once in a while I shove a sandwich into my face or veggies or something but I work 12 hour shifts and unless working simply isn't an option due to a delay or clerical red tape, I don't get to eat.

Our union is so bad...

13. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

I don't eat much. Maybe something small every day. Everything else is actually supplements during the week, except for Sunday, my food cheat day.

Akartoshi likes this.
  14. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Woofer

\ò^ó
    *makes everyone a titanic amount of PERFECT spaghetti*

Ginza, P_Dragon, Zenoth and 6 others like this.
  15. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

Too many carbs for me lol.

16. Crimcyan

Allergic to spaghetti :(

17. BahgDaddy

BahgDaddy Voice of reason

Well, not deliberately, but sometimes I get up so late I eat breakfast at noon. :confused:

Amiir and Simo like this.
  18. Simo

Simo Skunk

"Breakfast"?

What is this strange word you use?

Zenoth, Yantiskra and BahgDaddy like this.
  19. BahgDaddy

BahgDaddy Voice of reason

I found it in a dictionary, so I use the word to make me seem smarter. :)

Akartoshi and Simo like this.
  20. Jay98

Jay98 The violent man-eater

Gotta admit that I like my food. I think some people get more enjoyment out of eating than others and that kinda shapes how much we eat. If I was born into an Islamic family or some other religion that practices annual fasting I'd probably do it though. I can be very dedicated to an idea if it really matters. I've stuck to diets for a whole year at times.

Simo likes this.
  21. Amiir

Gluten-free 'ghetti then maybe?

22. Crimcyan

That and everything else in it I cant eat lol

23. Amiir

Fuuuuuck... What issue do you have exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

24. Crimcyan

Honestly I still dont know, I spent the last few months and still going to doctors randomly about this. but so far all I know is that there is more foods that I cant eat then foods I can eat. Even though I still eat them (doctors say i shouldn't) just get sick for the rest of the day.
    Only reason why im starting to eat again was beacuse I lost just under 40 pounds in 2 months.

25. Amiir

Jesus, it sounds so sudden. 40 fucking punds! I wish you a fast recovery, whatever this is

Lcs and Crimcyan like this.