Draw Magpie Draw! An Art Odyssey

Discussion in 'Art & Illustration' started by OneFlyMagpie, May 14, 2017.

1. OneFlyMagpie

OneFlyMagpie New Member

Hello! I'm Magpie, and I've been undertaking an exciting art odyssey for a little over a year and a half so far--having decided at long last to get serious and push myself to draw, better and better! In November of 2015, barely able to do more than rough silly doodles, I was struck with inspired determination: I wanted to draw, and draw well!

With the encouragement and support of wonderful friends and a number of patient artists, I am thrilled with my progress throughout that span and feel that I have come a tremendous ways--while being quite excited about where the next legs of my journey will take things!

I am primarily self-taught with my work and have enjoyed puzzling things out, but I've also received phenomenal advice, encouragement and helping hands from other artists and friends of mine.

This year I have been pushing the level of my drawing higher and higher (for me, at least, it has been a wonderful leap forward!) and I wanted to peek my head in here and share with the folks here as well: in part, because I am pretty darn proud of my progress--and in part because I hope that my journey can help encourage and inspire others who might feel like drawing is an insurmountable undertaking. If I can do it, I promise that you can too! ^<^

My gallery on FA is here, and I've also included entries in my 'Scraps' as well; many of my submissions also have fun (I think) time-lapse animated gifs to show the creative process, and I've tried in many cases to also keep track of some of the behind-the-scenes details, such as how long it took me, what I struggled with, etc.!

And for a few examples of how much progress even a year has meant, some comparable subjects almost exactly a year apart!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for taking the time to have a peek at this stylus-waggling bird! ^<^

Rant likes this.
  2. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Nice! I get too lazy to draw background's, though I realllyyyy should. Haha.

But yea I can deff see the improvement! ☆

3. OneFlyMagpie

OneFlyMagpie New Member

It can be tough to work up the motivation to do an elaborate background, but it's definitely high on the things I want to keep improving on. Thank you for the kind words!