Draw Magpie Draw! An Art Odyssey

Discussion in 'Art and Illustration' started by OneFlyMagpie, May 14, 2017.

1. OneFlyMagpie

OneFlyMagpie New Member

Hello! I'm Magpie, and I've been undertaking an exciting art odyssey for a little over a year and a half so far--having decided at long last to get serious and push myself to draw, better and better! In November of 2015, barely able to do more than rough silly doodles, I was struck with inspired determination: I wanted to draw, and draw well!

With the encouragement and support of wonderful friends and a number of patient artists, I am thrilled with my progress throughout that span and feel that I have come a tremendous ways--while being quite excited about where the next legs of my journey will take things!

I am primarily self-taught with my work and have enjoyed puzzling things out, but I've also received phenomenal advice, encouragement and helping hands from other artists and friends of mine.

This year I have been pushing the level of my drawing higher and higher (for me, at least, it has been a wonderful leap forward!) and I wanted to peek my head in here and share with the folks here as well: in part, because I am pretty darn proud of my progress--and in part because I hope that my journey can help encourage and inspire others who might feel like drawing is an insurmountable undertaking. If I can do it, I promise that you can too! ^<^

My gallery on FA is here, and I've also included entries in my 'Scraps' as well; many of my submissions also have fun (I think) time-lapse animated gifs to show the creative process, and I've tried in many cases to also keep track of some of the behind-the-scenes details, such as how long it took me, what I struggled with, etc.!

And for a few examples of how much progress even a year has meant, some comparable subjects almost exactly a year apart!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for taking the time to have a peek at this stylus-waggling bird! ^<^

Rant likes this.
  2. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Nice! I get too lazy to draw background's, though I realllyyyy should. Haha.

But yea I can deff see the improvement! ☆

3. OneFlyMagpie

OneFlyMagpie New Member

It can be tough to work up the motivation to do an elaborate background, but it's definitely high on the things I want to keep improving on. Thank you for the kind words!