End of World prophecies not coming true

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Telnac, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Telnac

Telnac Fundamentalist Heretic

I’m responding to this post the right way by making a new thread because the original thread has long gone off topic and I will not contribute to its zombification by replying there.

OK, end of the world prophecies are nothing new. Nearly all faiths have prophecies detailing how the world will end. Individuals who call themselves modern prophets have been giving us dates for the end of the workd since ancient times. So far, they’ve all been wrong.

I can’t speak about any other faith but as for Christianity that’s actually in line with the Bible’s teachings.
    The Bible prophecies lists signs and calamities that will accompany the end of the world, but it does not list a date. Furthermore, anyone who calls themselves a prophet and gives a date for the end of the world actually saying they know something that even Jesus didn’t know while He was on Earth and quite possibly still doesn’t know! According to the Bible such a person is a liar and a false prophet. Their false prophecies are blasphemy against God and when they don’t come true they shed a bad light on Christianity as the post I’m responding to shows quite clearly. Christians should ignore all such false prophets.

When I see a charismatic leader taking over the world during a time of great crisis and an asteroid fall into the sea, then I’ll know the end is near. Those are the type of signs we should be looking for, not some dude who says the world will end next Thursday.

2. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

Dammit why the hell does my half asleep half-assed rants always end up like this lmao XD

aloveablebunny likes this.
  3. Simo

Simo Skunk

Even if an asteroid fell into the sea, and a charismatic leader took over the world during a time of great crisis, it would seem like just another day, given the chaos I feel, internally, and sense, externally, and the wide sweep of history.

Nothing could ever convince me that certain signs meant the world was going to end, until it really ends.

4. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

I wish the world would end as we know it.. im tired of having to go to work and be an adult, I would rather loot and pillage shit

Rimna and Shane McNair like this.
  5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

What? Prophecies for hundreds of years have NOT come true? Who would have thought?
    [​IMG]

6. Telnac

*lol* @ that image

aloveablebunny and Yakamaru like this.
  7. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

The only way I think this world can really end if the sun blows up.

Yakamaru and Akartoshi like this.
  8. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

personally I think society will crumble as we know it before the actual "end of the world"

9. Telnac

Oh I’m sure we can manage to wipe each other out long before then.

10. Astusthefox

Astusthefox The King of Games

I'm still waiting on my end of the world vision.... I had a sequence of 5 dreams when I was like 8 that the first 4 days all came true on the day I had them... and then on Friday I had the final dream, the world coming to end by fire and flame from a solar flare... I know part of the dream already was true because I asked a school bully if something he told me in my dream was true and he literally froze up and his face got white, turns out it was true and it made him get pissed off because he thought I was spying on him or something and he got me in trouble for doing nothing >.> but yeah.... end of the world yo

connortheskunk likes this.
  11. Yakamaru

Politicians can't keep their laundry clean.

A third world war is likely in the next 100 years. Question is, will nukes be used? We have the Geneva comvention. People's fear of nukes and thr eventual fallout is for the vast amount of people not an acceptable outcome. Nukes are an incredibly efficient deterrent in the hopes that they will never be used.

12. Telnac

True but we really had some close calls during the Cold War.

Yakamaru likes this.
  13. Yakamaru

Yup.

They went "Imma Putin my missiles on Cuba!"

14. Telnac

That’s the best known one by far. We also had plans to use nuclear weapons against Chinese & North Korean fighters of it looked imminent that we’d lose the Korean War. That would have drawn the Soviet Union into the conflict and likely triggered WWIII.

But neither of those were as close a call as in 1983 when one of the Soviet early warning satellites detected multiple launches from the mainland USA. Procedure wss to recommend an illeduate retaliatory strike but the officer in charge thought the satellite might be giving false data, despite having no evidence it was faulty in any way. He decided against recommending a retaliatory strike. Had he followed procedure, I would have likely died when the nukes hit Washington D.C. (my father worked in the Pentagon at the time) and most of the ppl here would have never been born.

15. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

Sometimes they do!

[​IMG]

16. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Forgive, forget and live!

Don't worry everyone we should our own terrible fate soon enough is it good for everyone to be in such dept?
    or Super diseases immune to antibacterial medicine wiping out most of mankind.
    and hurricanes surpassing 215+ mile per hour winds we may even see one next year.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  17. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

It's quite interesting, because I know a lot of believers who believe that "the end is nigh" and that all the signs indicate that.
    Personally, as a non believer, I doubt that there could be an end to this world in the foreseeable future. A new disease can always surface and wipe out the human race, but given the past previous years that doesn't seem likely.

18. Simo

Simo Skunk

In any event, I feel fine!

Ramjet556, Yakamaru, AustinB and 3 others like this.
  19. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Yakamaru likes this.
  20. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

The earth has been around for billions of years. It ain't going nowhere for a long, long time. However, I can't really say the same about the human race. Another mass extinction could happen again in the future.

Ramjet556 and Telnac like this.
  21. Yakamaru

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM
  22. Telnac

I have some bad news. The world ended last night. How are you still alive? You’re not. You’re in denial and so is everyone else.

:p

23. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

I knew that we lived in The Matrix now!!! :p

Telnac likes this.
  24. Yakamaru

Are you a doomsayer horse?

"Your end is neigh!"

Ok, I will show myself out..

Telnac likes this.
  25. Telnac