Favorite Anime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kezi Avdiivka, Oct 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. HeartlessSora

HeartlessSora no light? no darkness? there is no balance

Quite hard but i love the danganronpa series and touhou the phantasm memories

2. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

I honestly don't care for a lot of anime series. I love Japanese animated films, but TV series get kinda drawn out for my taste and the art in most of them is so meh. But I do have a handful of ones that I do love. FMA: Brotherhood, Parasyte, and Wolf's Rain. I know I would also really love Cowboy Bebop, but I haven't watched it yet for some reason.

Edit: Thought of some others that I like. Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, FLCL. One Punch Man would probably be up there too, but I haven't gotten around to actually finishing it. And then there's the anime that I enjoy mostly for nostalgic reasons like Digimon and DBZ.

I also really love Majin Tantei NĊgami Neuro, but only the manga. Hated the anime and wasn't able to finish it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    -..Legacy..- likes this.
  3. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Shin Sekai Yori is one of my favourites.

While it's a bit slow-paced at the beginning, it picks up later on and has one of the most satisfying anime endings I've seen. Also, the worldbuilding and music are really fucking good.

4. closetcutie

closetcutie sea doggo

I know I've mentioned it before, but I've been rewatching Wolf's Rain lately and it's honestly such a fantastic show. Really felt the need to share. It's depressing as hell, but absolutely beautiful to look at and both the sub and dub are equally fantastic. The story is slow paced and focuses more on character development than anything, but imo it ties together perfectly by the end. Man I'm shit at describing it, so I'll just link the trailer here. Give it a try if you haven't already. It's one of Bones' earliest works (the fourth I think) and really shows what the studio is capable of.

Stadt likes this.
  5. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

Wolf's Rain was first anime I watched that wasn't Pokemon, Digimon, etc other kid friendly shows.

Highlight spoilers: I was young when I first watched it and still had no clue that something could end without a happy ending. I don't think I've ever been more upset by a show ending, but I loved it. Now, I adore sadder stories and bittersweet endings and that show is probably the source of it.

6. GarthTheWereWolf

GarthTheWereWolf Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend

Have a ton of anime that I like. But my all time favorite has to be: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Its so fucked.

Currently though, the only anime I am following has been Dragon Ball Super.

7. ellaerna

ellaerna Sass Master

Actual faves:
    Ghost in the Shell
    Cowboy Bebop
    Madoka
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Assassination Classroom
    Gurren Lagann

Guilty Pleasures:
    Bleach
    Uta No Prince Sama (I'm a sucker for a reverse harem)
    Food Wars!

Honorable Mentions:
    Karas
    Darker Than Black
    FLCL
    Deadman Wonderland
    Durarara

Currently Watching and Enjoying:
    Tokyo Goul

8. Ayespacecake

Ayespacecake Member

Haven't watched anime in a while but my general favorites are Soul Eater, Noragami, Magi (plus Sinbad spin off series) and this one borderline fucked up anime called Kodomo no Jikan.