Favoriting bots?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Nastala, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Nastala

Nastala nerd

After my uploading my last post, I had 2 new favorite notifications within a minute. Both of the users that had favorited it, FairyYuri and earthlandart, had comletely empty favorites lists and seemed to both be relativelly commercialized accounts absolutely plastered in comments saying "thank you of the fave", the latter of the two seeming to only have a furaffinity account to advertise his/her patreon page. Is this something you guys have seen before? Is it bots, or just really desperate people with fast hands? Is it a violation of the terms of service? Is it preventable?

Update: I fell asleep in the middle of writing this at 3 am sorry if it sounds like rambling nonsense. I think of dumb stuff when I'm tired

Other update: how do I delete my own post

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Please keep in mind that there is an option for users to hide their favorites gallery. Just because you don't see anything in their favorites doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing there.

It's not a violation of policy. They probably just saw your submission on the front page and liked it.

3. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

They may have favorites they don't want other people to see, aka certain "preferences".

4. Nastala

Nastala nerd

I knew there was an option to hide favorites, I didn't know it displayed as "no favorites to show" though.