Firearm Owners In The Fandom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarren, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Jarren

Jarren What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.

So, how many around here are into shooting sports and/or own some boom-sticks of their own? Got any milsurp recommendations or interesting stories from the range or back woods? Looking for advice on getting started with collecting or want to show off some of your nicer specimens? Do it here.
    Me? I've only got a single rifle in my collection. A little, beat up Norinco SKS. I'm looking to expand my armory, but more immediate budget concerns have prevented that.

2. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

3. Jarren

Lol, when I saw an admin has responded, I thought I'd violated a rule of some sort.
    Nice collection. I've been debating picking up an AR, or at least a lower to build off of, but I just can't justify it, knowing how much I'll inevitably end up dumping on the build before I know it. :p

4. AsheSkyler

AsheSkyler Feathered Jester

I prefer archery. It's quieter. :p

My cousin has a really nice hunting rifle. Never shot one before and he offered to let me try it. Owwwwwwww.

One of my neighbors has a cannon. And seems to instinctively know exactly which days I have a bad headache...

Jarren likes this.
  5. Julen

Julen Blyat grab the kalash

Not yet because i'm too young but i'll get my grandfather's M1 Garand and his Mosin Nagant...one day XD
    For now i just have a bunch of ww2/Vietnam airsoft replicas :3

6. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

My dad has quite a few things but I won't go into detail. I own a hunting rifle and an itty bitty 22 bolt action which is still my favorite. Don't know why, it just has charm to it. Haven't done anything with them in years, mainly because I can't camp anymore.

AsheSkyler likes this.
  7. FonzieThSuperWizard

FonzieThSuperWizard AAAAAAAAAAAAYAAA!!! *beats up his keyboard*

I would own a lever rifle gun they use in the westerns. :3

8. Jarren

That's actually what I got started on. My dad got a little .22lr henry lever action for me to learn with back when I was about 14. Great little plinking gun, I'll have to see if he's still got it. Lever actions are cool though, but I can only imagine how much of a kick some of the larger calibre ones have.

9. KittenAdmin

KittenAdmin Sup nerds

Own a 9 and a 20 gauge shotgun for home protection, the only gun I'd ever truly want for pleasure is an M1 Garand. That final *pink* when the last bullet is shot is too good.

Ashkay Snowhunter likes this.
  10. Julen

Julen Blyat grab the kalash

God i love that sooooooo much as well!
    I can't wait 'till i get mine :p

Ashkay Snowhunter likes this.
  11. Zenoth

Zenoth Active Member

I love my Sig Sauer p238. Really miss my old lever action 30-30, was such a nice and reliable rifle.

12. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Wut?

Can't have a firearm thread without the Barret 50. caliber! For when hunting armored elephants!

Believe it or not, but you can actually buy this shit in the US. Same with a vehicle-mounted MG.

[​IMG]

Julen, Ashkay Snowhunter and Zenoth like this.
  13. KittenAdmin

KittenAdmin Sup nerds

14. Jarren

I'd say the vehicle mounted mg is a no go unless it was made before '86. And even then, you need a shitload of permits and need to be prepared to have the atf and fbi practically crawl up your ass with a microscope. But yeah, the Barrett is completely legal, if stupidly expensive.
    Because WHY NOT?
    [​IMG]

Julen and Ashkay Snowhunter like this.
  15. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Wut?

Oh, and I am not an American btw. Nor do I own a gun. Never will own one, either.

I just find some weapons and ammunition that are in fact available commercially ridiculous. Funny as hell, but ridiculous.

Like, AP ammunition for hunting. WHY? You're not hunting armored deer. You're not "hunting Humvee's in their natural habitat".

Zipline and Zenoth like this.
  16. Jarren

If people will buy it, and it's not abused, it will be sold. That is, until someone in Washington wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and arbitrarily decides to try and ban it. I'll agree, there's no practical reason to own anything in .50bmg (or some other absurd calibres) unless you plan on fighting something heavily armored (In which case, I'm concerned), but it's good fun to go out to a friend's ranch and make some non-standard targets (like junk furniture and appliances, piles of cinder blocks, particularly menacing snowmen, etc.) cease to be. If you want a laugh, look up the .905 JDJ cartridge. The thing's almost as big as a soda can and can't be fired unbraced.

AsheSkyler likes this.
  17. I don't currently own any weapons, but I plan on getting a 45 handgun of some sort in January as well as at least getting an AK variant, AR15 of some form, and a good old M1 Garand at some point. I've always liked guns, though I currently just play airsoft. XD

Julen likes this.
  18. Jarren

Actually got some range time today for the first time in a good while. Primarily handguns and my friend's AK. Also got to put a few rounds down range from an old mosin nagant. Fired kneeling, no bench rest from just over 100 metres using iron sights, I managed a four inch group. Didn't do quite so we'll with the AK from the same range though. I need to work on my marksmanship.

19. FonzieThSuperWizard

FonzieThSuperWizard AAAAAAAAAAAAYAAA!!! *beats up his keyboard*

I'll say. I've tried the lever action in Advanced Warfare and I did pretty well on it. ^w~ Though, I'm not into Call of Duty, but imagine having an actual laser gun. ^w^

20. SageTea

SageTea Member

I have a limited edition, gold plated (some of the gold plating has kind of flaked off from use though) Winchester 30-30 that I got from my grandpa! I keep it on our family land in Yoakum and mostly use it to shoot tissue boxes off hills though. :p

Zenoth likes this.