Firearm Owners In The Fandom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarren, Aug 5, 2016.

1. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

yeah but practically its only useful for like professional pest control of wild dogs/cats maybe camels and roos

ACOGs aren't impractical though they do good make varmint scopes for 223 for things like rabbits which require snap aiming

2. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

@GreenZone Vortex strikefire is good too,t'is what I have on my Tavor-21 and it works really really well.

We have lots more space out here in North America for this shit...Plus our laws are more on freedom and not restricting people just solely for purpose...More for public safety,making sure guns don't go into the wrong hands sort of thing.

Think of it like,do you purposely need a 600hp sports car if you don't race professional?We value the State to serve us,not to own us..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. GreenZone

what? you know Australia has way more space than America right? there's some privately owned farms here the size of US states...
    if you're saying Australia isn't free you're wrong it actually ranks higher than America on the international freedom index for both personal freedoms and freedom of the press/economy
    well you're doing a poor job because 99% of illegal guns in Australia have come from America the rest are from NZ
    please either reference this thread or the "net neutrality day of action" thread as to why that's a very wrong statement

4. Ramjet556

I live in Canada..lol
    Trust me we have more free space than you do...Second largest country by landmass and only 38 million people..

I'm all for net neutrality and so is Canada,we legislated for it.

I don't know if I could live in a country that classes a Slingshot as a prohibited weapon:D

5. GreenZone

Edit: i thought you said more free speech
    not an Australian issue mate
    except they're not... www.outdoorswarehouse.com.au: Slingshots & Pellets: Outdoors Warehouse Australia

i got one of these for shits and gigs are couple years ago
    [​IMG]

laws here revolve around "valid reason" you can own a slingshot but if you're caught walking around with one and you don't have a valid reason you can get charged this is with anything from blades and spear guns to bows and firearms

6. Ramjet556

On that Website it specifically says:
    "In some Australian states slingshots are classed as an illegal weapon"
    I see you guys can't do crossbows either..:confused:

No hate my dude...I have family that lives in Melbourne and Sydney,it's a cultural difference for sure...
    They don't get me either:D

Finally,dude seriously we have more free space then you do:p

7. GreenZone

yeah i edited it

also what really bugs me about Canadians and Americans is "oh everything is illegal" no its not dude... crossbows are not illegal you need valid reasons for them and in the case of crossbows you just need to join a crossbow club i called one and they just said "you just need to show up for a couple of meets and pay $30 for a membership card"
    www.ozhuntingandbows.com.au: PSE

8. Ramjet556

Why though??
    Here even in Canada I can just go buy one without a licence/government getting involved...
    We don't have a rash of crossbow killings here...
    Guns you need a Licence to own both pistol and rifle,only restricted firearms like handguns,shot barrelled rifles,and AR-15s are registered with the government..Restricteds can only be shot at a approved range,while rifles can be shot anywhere where legal to discharge (crown/private land).
    No restrictions on ownership needing purposeful use or limiting number of firearms owned..
    Our laws goes as such:
    You get a extensive background check to make sure your not crazy,your monitored and if any violent charge against you warrants danger to the public,they pull your guns away..
    Other then that you own what you want,and as much as you want...

9. GreenZone

you don't need a licence the problem was that people were dying cause they weren't using them properly the requirement to join a crossbow club is just to say you've been taught how to use them safely with experienced users
    i don't know different attitudes? ours is pretty much the same as yours you just can't get a gun "just cause" or for self defense (to the Police it's implied that you have mental issues or you're involved in the underworld if you need that kind of weaponry for "self defence")

i seriously don't get why this is an issue i agree with needing a valid reason to own a gun and its not that restrictive it can be

collector
    professional shooter
    sport shooting
    hunting
    professional shooting
    work related
    etc etc

10. Ramjet556

That's the difference bud..We don't need a reason..We are aloud to just be,as long as we're not fucked:D
    As far as seeing someone crazy or shady because they want a gun for self defence is just sad really.
    Police can't be everywhere at once,and as far as I'm concerned their a deterrent and solver of crime,not a personal bodyguard for the entire public...

11. GreenZone

except we have some of the lowest crime of any country sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................................

12. Ramjet556

13. GreenZone

Ramjet556 likes this.
  14. Ramjet556

Prime Minister...
    Apparently nowadays qualifications is one with prettiest hair and best socks:confused::confused:

www.nytimes.com: Justin Trudeau’s Sock Diplomacy

Shane McNair likes this.
  15. Ramjet556

Well it's confirmed,I still suck with a handgun..lol
    On the bright side the new M&P shoots great..

10yrds,10 shots:
    [​IMG]

16. GreenZone

like i'm not having a go at you but do you know how to hold a pistol? a lot of people actually don't

also the fact it wasn't dead centre then you went "fuck it" and kept going triggers me

Ramjet556 likes this.
  17. Ramjet556

Lol it's probably due to the fact I haven't gone out with a Handgun since last year...I'm thinking I had my trigger finger over the blade instead of using the pad of your finger which you supposed to use.

I'll go out next week and redeem myself,pistol shooting never did came natural to me..

18. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Moderator Staff Member

I am dropping this right now, and I have in the past: This thread is dedicated towards users in the fandom who want to talk about their firearms.

It is not meant to be derailed into a debate about firearm laws, ethics, or controversy.

Knock off the thread derailment.

19. GreenZone

who are you even talking to?
    if i remember the M&P is a kind of small ish pistol i think people with larger hands have a harder time aiming with them

20. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Moderator Staff Member

That would be you and Ramjet. Bringing up stuff like net-neutrality and or licensing arguments is not the purpose of the thread. Please keep it on topic.

That's also a final warning about it.