Firearm Owners In The Fandom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarren, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

*Ahem*... Well, I see I showed up to this party late.... probably not such a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I don't believe I've ever even fired a S&W pistol, but as far as polymer-framed pistols go, I'm a firm believer in the gospel according to Gaston Glock. I whole-heartedly believe that the G19 is the closest thing to a perfect carry gun that currently exists. Not too big, not too small, perfectly balanced and proportioned with a very respectable 15+1 capacity in a small package. It's lightweight and comfortable to carry for hours at a time, yet there's little recoil, and quick, accurate follow-up shots are easily achievable. It's dead nuts reliable, tough as nails, and simple. Just draw, aim, and shoot. I personally like not having any external safeties on a carry piece. I'm so used to the 19 by now that almost every time a bring it up to eye-level, the sights are already aligned for me, and the trigger is pretty decent too. I always group pretty well with it.

But I also have a soft spot for the classics. I wouldn't mind having a nice Mk III Browning Hi-Power either.

2. Batty Krueger

Batty Krueger DJ Nailbunny

Strayer Voight Infinity .45

Junkerfox likes this.
  3. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Bacon gives me a Lard on

This is my favorite one. Sears and Roebuck Model 101 .20 gauge. Break action single barrel.
    20170731_112436 (2).jpg

4. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

good thing you changed the image cause it was really unnecessary and odd

incidentally can anyone identify this weird round ive found back home it basically looks like a 303-308 but its red plastic and filled with bird shot it looks like some kind of novelty round where they've just some kind of weird 303-308 birdshot.... thing....

5. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Bacon gives me a Lard on

Im just not comfortable putting pics of myself all over the web.

6. GreenZone

huh... i had to do some admin and i looked at my weapon qualifications

F88 Austeyr
    EF88 Austeyr
    F89 (SAW)
    Maximi (SAW in 7.62)
    Mag58 (FN mag)
    HK417
    Browning M2
    Browning Hi power
    USP
    66mm LAW
    84mm Carl Gustav
    Remington 870
    HK MP5
    M4A1
    F1 Grenade
    Claymore

and i think that was it for some one who doesn't own any guns (anymore any way/yet) i get to play with a lot of toys

Edit: forgot 40mm GLA

7. Shane McNair

And all the ammo is already paid for. I envy that so much...

You still thinking about getting a .308 bolt gun for yourself?

8. GreenZone

i think we went through something like 10k worth of 5.56 during a day at the rage each according to a warrant officer

but yeah i am once my current dramas with work and injuries are settled

9. Batty Krueger

Batty Krueger DJ Nailbunny

Shit forgot about my Supernova 12guage. I have a recoil reduction kit for when I want to go magnum. Holy fucksauce even with the kit those magnum rounds kick like a mule

10. GreenZone

get a pistol grip attachment my uncle had a spas 12 years ago before he had to sell it cause he moved to the states i was able to fire it comfortably at like 15 years old

11. Shane McNair

10,000 rounds each?! Holy fuck...

I've mulled over getting a .308 bolt action at some point. I'm not too confident in the QC of new manufacture Remington guns, based on some of the things I've read, so a Savage M10/M110 looks like a probable choice for me.

Ramjet556 likes this.
  12. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

The model 10 is hands down a way better platform then the 700,good choice!

13. GreenZone

some one was telling me that on average around 1 in 3 Remingtons come with a factory fault of some kind but they're the most versatile and have the most 3rd party after market parts

14. Ramjet556

I don't like the fact that the 700's bolt handle is only copper brazed on...

They can end up doing this just by cycling the bolt normally.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  15. GreenZone

i was thinking of Ligthow or a steyr scout but scouts are so fuckin expensive here 10k i think

16. Shane McNair

If you can find an older used 700 (made before Remington was bought out by Cerberus) that's in good condition and reasonably priced, I'd say go for it. It will likely be a good performer without issue. But I would pass on anything new.

17. Shane McNair

Wow.....

I don't even know what to say about this.

Ramjet556 likes this.
  18. Ramjet556

Yeah shitty way to attach a bolt handle to a bolt body imo...
    Thing is you don't know if you have a lemon and do this in the first 10 shots,or after 10 years on shot # 5021..
    Much prefer one piece bolt bodies,or like the savage 10 have the handle bolted from the rear of the bolt body itself.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  19. GreenZone

to be fair i can see rust on that bolt

20. Ramjet556

That's the copper brazing residue your seeing...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017