Free Art: Free closeup portrait, digital painting

Discussion in 'Art Exchange and Trades' started by Dargothehusky, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Hi! I am leaving one slot open for a painted closeup head portrait of thier fursona. I am posting this along side the free football YCH I am doing at the moment to get some experince with drawing/painting furrys. I you like my style please feel free to enter in the coments below with a refrence, or previous commission (sfw please) I like to use a lot of heavy brush strokes in my work and I tend to do more closer to animal look than humans. I also like to refrence fur color/tone patterns heavily from thier real life counterparts. I tend to do basic even lighting, not to dramatic lighting sorry, im hopefully going to learn some more lighting techniques in future.

Heres some of my recent works: This one below is close to what I am offering, In a similar style
    [​IMG]
    Another recent work:
    [​IMG]

I can't give a set time frame on how long it will take I usualy spend 6-10 hours when im painting so it may be 1-2 weeks as I am quite busy with work unfortunately

Please leave a comment below if you are intrested. I only have one slot available as I am also offering the football canine ych as well. I will select a fursona based on how comfotrable I am at painting it, sorry but I'm quite new to furries so im not capable of painting all species or difficult ones

2. T-LARC

T-LARC Well-Intentioned Mess

Hey! First off, I like your painterly style quite a lot. Brushstroke painting is probably my favourite style of artwork to be honest, as digital art can sometimes seem too clean and rigid.

My fursona's T-LARC, an energetic and mischievous blue fox. If you think his look or attitude would suit the kind of painting you're going to do, then I'd love to see what kind of painting you come up with. And hey, if not, I'd like to see what you end up painting anyway! Reference is below:
    www.furaffinity.net: T-LARC Fursuit Reference by T-LARC

Cheers, and I hope whoever you pick, you get some good practise in for your techniques! ^^

3. fearlesstiger

fearlesstiger Dreamslayer

4. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

5. khoufu

khoufu Member

Here's my lemur if you feel up to it!
    [​IMG]

6. Hammy6917

Hammy6917 Ham

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. featherw0lf

featherw0lf Lovable Dorky Werewolf

8. Shadow-Wing456

Shadow-Wing456 A leaf on the wind~

I know he's not terribly exciting in the color palette range but if you wanna take a chance at him, this is Kuuva ^^
    IMG_4574.JPG IMG_4573.JPG

Attached Files:

9. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Thankyou for all the responses! I have decided to do a painting of T-Lark. When I am finished with T-Larks I may choose another fursona above depending on how much time I have. I will contact you if I get a chance :)

Thanks
    Dargo

10. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Free Commission for T-Larc done! I have another slot open, will choose another sona in the thread over the coming days :)

Had a lot of fun doing this one for you T-Larc :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    T-LARC likes this.
  11. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Next one is shadow wings lion fursona kuuva. Should be a fun one, love the black and white fur! :)

12. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Just finshed Shadowwings fursona Kuuva! Had a great time doing this one :)

[​IMG]

13. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Sláinte chugat!

Super late, but here's my gryphon if you're interested! Thanks!
    Your work is incredible!

Attached Files:

14. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

That's ok, thanks :), it's never too late! I will have a short break and then may choose another face portrait. After that I might open a new thread for free half body portraits depending on how much free time I get :)

15. Poly-the-Fluff

Poly-the-Fluff New Member

16. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Thanks for all the interest everyone, have decided to paint poly the fluff's fursona Drew next. May be the last closeup portrait, will hopeful tackle a half body portrait soon! :)

17. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

do... do u think u could.... mabe consider me?... 23125796@400-1491469783.jpg

18. Samuel21

Samuel21 Guest

Hello,
    Not sure if you're still accepting but I have never had any art ever done for me before so this would be a great opportunity for me.
    There are some requirements (see attached image) but the rest is open to artist freedom so I hope you have fun being creative!
    Anything you could create would be appreciated greatly!
    Sincerely,
    Samuel21
    View attachment 18212

Attached Files:

19. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

That is ok, I am still accepting, unfortunately I won't be able to paint everyone's entries in this thread as it takes me roughly 6-8 hours on a piece so when I've got a slot free I'll choose someone by random or whatever I'm most comfortable with doing. I am full at the moment doing poly the fluffs fursona but maybe in a week or so I can fit in another one in :) Will inbox whoever is chosen next

Thanks
    Dargo :)

20. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Latest one complete is poly the fluffs fursona drew:
    [​IMG]

21. Dargothehusky

Dargothehusky New Member

Hey everyone! Will resume this thread real soon. I have been real busy lately have been painting a poster for my brothers birthday and my done my first furry half body portrait for a friend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyways I will choose another fursona in the coming days to do next just got one more piece to finish off and hopefully I'm not to busy with work this week! :)

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  22. Wolf-Nightshade

Wolf-Nightshade An Anthro Artist

23. SwirlJelly

SwirlJelly DogLizard

Beautiful work! I have a fur-less lizardpup to offer ya if you're still interested:

www.furaffinity.net: Jojer Reference by Jojer

They like to live in urban settings and wear hoodies, tanks and cargos. Thanks for the opportunity!

24. SwirlJelly

SwirlJelly DogLizard