FurAffinity profile ID Photo disabled?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by happythorn07, Feb 6, 2017.

1. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

So i'm new to the site and i'm wondering why my profile ID Photo is disabled? is there requirements for it? is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

It's not disabled, as such. (Admittedly it is poor wording on that feature) it's just in its inactive state.

In order to have a profile photo, you need to upload a submission to your scraps folder (it must be of General rating too).

Once this is done, you can go back to your settings and click that dropdown and the submission title should show in the list.

Simply select it and the. Save your settings, go to your page and it should show up.

PlusThirtyOne likes this.
  3. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Thanks! i was wondering about how to do that! imma go do that now.
    Followup question: is there someplace with a complete list of how-to's and tips for the site? The site itself doesn't seem very...helpful...in that regard. i seem to recall wikifur or someplace had a list of text codes and stuff like that but i don't remember where it is. One of these days i'm going to have to bookmark that page.

4. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

I don't know of one, but I'd be willing to write one for people to use.

5. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

ohh ok. thanks for the tip! i agree though there should be a little help section in the forums :)

6. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

okay wait.. i thought this was the profile ID? is it not? i uploaded the ID like you explained, but it wasn't this one?
    [​IMG]

7. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

is it 100x100?

8. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

its 50x50
    is it not different than profile ID?

9. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

10. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

thanks for the link
    i dont think i wouldve found that page on my own to be honest. for future reference, how do i find that page?

11. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

My FA > Account Management > Upload / Change Avatar

12. happythorn07

happythorn07 Thorn

oh wow haha look at that. I did not see that at all! thanks!