Furries of Washington?

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by Rai-Chuu, May 26, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in a new Washington furry Facebook page?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Rai-Chuu

Rai-Chuu New Member

Hello, I'm new to the fandom and I'm happy to be here but disappointed to see that I couldn't find ANY furry events in Spokane or even Washington. I've tried FA, Facebook, and tried googling it too, with no luck. I'd try twitter but I seem to have a problem setting up an account. I also noticed the only Washington furry groups on Facebook were all closed and/or inactive. So I'm wondering, are there any events or groups that just aren't showing up that I should know about? I'm currently in California but I'm going to be moving to Spokane very soon. Also on this note, should I make a new Washington furry group for Facebook? I really don't mind doing all the work involved and maybe even setting up meets.

2. cottonkins

cottonkins New Member

Hello from Washington!!

Congrats on your move. I do agree that there are not too many furry groups and cons here as there are other places, but hopefully, that will change! I have also heard recently, from SpidertheKitsune that there will be two cons in Seattle in November! Hope to see you some day!

3. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

4. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

I just moved to Vancouver WA on Thursday, would love to meet more furs :)

OAquaKittenO and Sgt. Kai like this.
  5. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

There are actually lots of furs in Portland too which is right on the border

6. Sgt. Kai

Sgt. Kai Sgt. Kai the German Shepherd Police Dog

Welcome to the metro area! Glad you made your way north!

7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Like, personal furries of George Washington?

8. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

Just got an awesome mental picture of George Washington with a harem of fursuiters, and a large stash of furry art. Thanks @Pipistrele that made my day ^^

Sgt. Kai likes this.
  9. Enz Zziio

Enz Zziio New Member

hi I'm a furry living in Spokane Washington and was wondering if there were any furies in or near Spokane Washington, I don't have a suit myself yet, but I am just now starting to save up for one

10. aainsleyy

aainsleyy New Member

Hi guys I'm in Seattle. The big furry con in this area was closed down a few years ago. There is a new one this November called anthro northwest.

11. Sgt. Kai

Sgt. Kai Sgt. Kai the German Shepherd Police Dog

I thought that was just a cosplay con?

12. aainsleyy

aainsleyy New Member

I know that there are going to be a number of artists tabling there. I honestly don't know much beyond that.

13. Enz Zziio

Enz Zziio New Member

14. SpidertheKitsune

SpidertheKitsune Hollywood Spider. K

I'm a fur from Port Townsend and me and my buddy are literally the only furries in the entire town

15. nekhromancy

nekhromancy local salt mine

Haha, glad someone else is from closer to Spokane. I used to live in King County (MV actually) but moved a couple years out near Yakima. I don't think I live within 50 miles of another fur. :C

16. OAquaKittenO

OAquaKittenO New Member

Great! I'm also in Vancouver Washington. Glad that there is a fur in the same city as me!

17. Vandisar

Vandisar New Member

I'm in Moses Lake, Wa. We have a lot less group activity on the east side than the coasties get. There is an active meetup here in Moses though, and I think they have one that meets sporadically in Spokane?? It would be crazy cool to have an East side con, but probably a pipe dream considering how spread out we are compared to the West side where the population density is higher.

18. Miaq_Al_Sharim

Miaq_Al_Sharim Has wares, if you have coin

Spokane here, any sort of fandom activity outside the annual kitsunecon is basically a shot in the dark. Everything from furries to airsoft seems to have a hard time living in the northern wastes of Spocompton.

19. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

BTW.. gonna throw it out there, where are all the damn furgirls! :(