Furry Anime

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by {Foxums Prippit}, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Battlechili1

Battlechili1 The Hero of the Internet

Log Horizon and multiple .hack// anime have furries in them. I wouldn't call them furry anime though.
    That.
    Is.
    Adorable.
    Thanks for mentioning this show. Hopefully I'll chek it out someday.

2. Hoxyis

Hoxyis New Member

Now for a GIF of the Monkey Squad in Hunter x Hunter (although they aren't focused upon as much as the manga counterpart)
    [​IMG]

3. derpherp

derpherp Member

does wolf children count?

4. Bloodhowl

Bloodhowl Active Member

yes of course

5. pixelfetish8

pixelfetish8 Banned

Wowow I never thought it exist so many furry anime, suddenly I have a lots of animes to see <3

I would be cool if some moderator put a list in #1

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. trunkschan90

trunkschan90 New Member

The Osamu Tezuka films Bagi and Bremen 4 have some furries. They're currently streaming at AnimeSols and are crowdfunding the official DVD release of those movies. [The DVD set includes the three movies Bremen 4, Prime Rose, and Bagi]

Bremen 4 (the furries temporaily turn into humans)
    http://animesols.com/videos/149
    [​IMG]

Bagi
    http://animesols.com/videos/220
    [​IMG]

7. JustThieving

JustThieving New Member

Good! someone mentioned Bagi (although it's debatable whether it classifies:p), another option I liked although i thinks it's discontinued was 'Father of the Pride'.

8. Swift12

Swift12 Member

Thanks, great collage! The lanky yellowish one looks rather good.
    Sadly, Bat was not made into her anthro-batfaced look from the manga, but she still looked nice. I have been going through the episodes and taking screenshots, already made about a hundred of Mosquito, the busty mosquito Chimera-ant. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course she counts! She is a proper anthro with fur, tail and cat-like face, not a nekomimi. And for a long time, she was the only proper anthro from anime known to the west.

9. PreciousPeach

PreciousPeach New Member

another anime is called Guin Saga
    [​IMG]

10. Swift12

Swift12 Member

Sorry, the link/image you provided is not working... you cannot hotlink from "chans", apparently.

11. TheDooder

TheDooder New Member

...so Gulkeeva is on dvd, that makes me happy...after reading this entire thread, it looks like thats as close as I'm going to get for a halfway decent furry anime....:(

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. Swift12

Swift12 Member

Do we ever see other Animanoids apart from the main characters in that series? As in, their cities, people, etc?

13. Hoxyis

Hoxyis New Member

14. Falafox

Falafox Chaotic Neutral

I feel wolf children has been mentioned a lot, but I think a little of manlinness died for me with that movie, also by the same director Summer Wars, it is very little furry but it is an amazing movie that has some furry parts, also, King Kazma owns.

15. chikyuu98

chikyuu98 New Member

I remember seeing this in my furry anime libraryK.O. Century Beast

16. NekoXboy

NekoXboy Member

loveless, if you like yaoi

17. Kitsune134

Kitsune134 New Member

Konichiwa! My name is Kitsune and I am new to this site. (Head bow) please, take good care of me!

I know that "Kiss on my Deity" is somewhat furry as the female protagonist is a kitsune, but if your talking about ideas for a furry anime title, then I've got one. It's called "I'm surrounded by Furries." I couldn't think of a Japanese title, though.

18. NekoXboy

NekoXboy Member

EDIT: wait nvm double post

19. dogit

dogit That derp from faf

Er you herd of sands of destruction?

20. Shadow Jaeger

Shadow Jaeger set phasers to thrust

Ok i read as far as page 6 and got bored so im not sure if anyone suggested this. Im not sure if this counts but didn't the original dragon ball have some furries. They kinda played a role of citizens of this weird version of earth. I am not sure why they got rid of them in DBZ. From memory there was a henchman from the main bad guy named shu...search him up. To be hohnest the trio back in that show was way to similiar to team rocket from pokemon. And the mayor of...west city i think it was, was a blue fox.

Edit= i did a little background check on shu, he is a ninja dog ( mistaken for a fox by fans) who appears by the side of mai. This was made for a food joke. Shu in the original manga is also known as soba. He appears briefly in dbz and appears again in gt. He is also a playable character in a large amount of games. Shu is seen as anthropomorphic character. Sorry would of got a photo of him but i cant put up images through my tablet :p

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014