Furry Card Sharks surveys

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by CCritt93, Sep 12, 2016.

1. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

With Biggest Little Fur Con in full swing, batch number 27 is geared to the convention crowd. The new questions this week:

(All survey responses are anonymous. For better results, open links in new tabs/windows. Usually done with Ctrl-click or Shift-click, but your mileage may vary.)

(All-fans questions will return next week.)

CONGOERS ONLY (any furry fan who has attended a convention):
    FCS-202 Have you ever used a roommate’s toothpaste without asking first?
    FCS-183 Have you ever gone to bed before 10 p.m. during a furry convention?
    FCS-162 Have you excused yourself in the middle of one event at a furry convention so you could get to another event on time?
    FCS-302 Have you ever missed an event at a furry convention because you were relying on the printed schedule but the event was rescheduled at the last minute?
    FCS-365 If you arrive at your hotel room for a furry convention and discover that your room captain has overbooked it without your knowledge, would you bring it up during the convention?

CREATORS ONLY (any type of furry work—art, writing, music, you name it):
    FCS-169 Has your work appeared in the conbook of a furry convention? (Submitted by Keefur)

DEALERS ONLY (any furry fan who has had a dealer space at a convention):
    FCS-301 Have you ever sold out all of the merchandise you brought to a furry convention?

FURSUITERS ONLY (past or present):
    FCS-125 Have you ever thrown up in your fursuit? (Submitted by Keefur)
    FCS-398 Since you started fursuiting, have you gone to a furry convention without bringing a fursuit?
    FCS-264 If a furry convention announces that it will no longer hold a fursuit parade, would you still go?

ROOM CAPTAINS ONLY (any furry fan who has been in charge of their hotel room at a convention):
    FCS-363 In preparation for a furry convention, have you ever overbooked your hotel room?

We’re always on the lookout for fun furry survey ideas. If you have any, feel free to PM us.

At this writing, all prior questions are still accepting votes. You can find them here:

www.furaffinity.net: Furry Card Sharks batch #27: Back to the con -- BarkWoofson's Journal

Thanks for voting!

Based on Card Sharks © FremantleMedia.

2. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

Batch number 28 is up. The new questions this week:

(All survey responses are anonymous. For better results, open links in new tabs/windows. Usually done with Ctrl-click or Shift-click, but your mileage may vary.)

FOR ALL FANS:
    FCS-059 Are foxes guilty?
    FCS-291 Have you ever had a pet ferret?
    FCS-292 Should pet ferrets have the same legal status as cats and dogs?
    FCS-330 Should awoo be legalized?

ARTISTS ONLY (anyone who has made furry artwork):
    FCS-262 Have you ever drawn a furry interpretation of a non-furry celebrity?

CONGOERS ONLY (any furry fan who has attended a convention):
    FCS-161 Have you ever carpooled to a furry convention with someone who was not living with you at the time?
    FCS-168 Two events you want to see at a furry convention are scheduled to start at the same time. One you’ve seen before, the other you haven’t. Are you more likely to choose the event you haven’t seen before?
    FCS-387 Have you been approached by media at a furry convention?

CREATORS ONLY (any type of furry work—art, writing, music, you name it):
    FCS-230 Have you ever made a conscious effort to change your style after noticing that it too closely resembled the style of another creator?

FURSUITERS ONLY (past or present):
    FCS-445 If you had to replace your fursuit today, do you believe it would cost at least twice as much as you paid originally?

MUSICIANS ONLY (singers, instrumentalists, or composers):
    FCS-355 Have you ever performed in fursuit?

We’re always on the lookout for fun furry survey ideas. If you have any, feel free to PM us.

At this writing, all prior questions are still accepting votes. You can find them here:

www.furaffinity.net: Furry Card Sharks batch #28 -- BarkWoofson's Journal

Thanks for voting!

Based on Card Sharks © FremantleMedia.

3. KiokuChan

KiokuChan Active Member

This is a cool idea. Those pages look like you need to do each qustion one at a time.. is there an easier way to do a bunch of them at ones? I suggest using google forms to make a survey with all of them. You may ghet more responses that way.

4. KiokuChan

KiokuChan Active Member

I'm trying to answer them though

5. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

The user interface is admittedly wonky and I appreciate your suggestion. Unfortunately, there is a dealbreaker in Google Forms settings. The only method it provides to minimize ballot stuffing requires every participant to sign into a Google account.

I also considered combining questions into a single form. The problem there is that there are bound to be questions someone chooses to leave blank for some good reason (which also rules out marking all questions as required). That would lead to questions on the form reaching their 100-vote quota at different times. And there is no graceful way to close one question on a form while leaving others open.

It might have helped a little bit if there were a way to code the links so they would automatically open in new tabs. But that functionality is not available on FA. The next best thing, tedious though it is, is to go down the list, Ctrl-click a few links that interest you, answer those in their own tabs, then come back here, scroll down a bit, and Ctrl-click a few more. It’s especially frustrating for new participants now that there are over 300 questions open and 150 more to come over the next three months.

I appreciate your determination to answer as many of these as you can despite the circumstances, but rest assured that there’s no rush. Just pace yourself and chip away a little at a time. It’ll probably be at least a year before I even consider submitting the game for a con, because I’d rather have a solid hour’s worth of survey material in the can first.

Although I stopped posting questions here last month, the full list continues to get updated every Saturday on Bark Woofson’s FA.

6. KiokuChan

KiokuChan Active Member

I understand now. That makes sense. I think I've answered all the relivent ones on your page. Not on bark woof's though. Good luck!

7. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

Thanks, KiokuChan. BW’s page has all the questions I posted here plus the new ones from the past three weeks. Each of his journals starts with the eleven new questions for that week.

And as always, if you have friends or watchers you think might be interested in joining in, the more the merrier. Just be sure to let them know what they’re in for. :)

8. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

Bark Woofson is still posting new questions. He has enough material in the wings for weekly polls through at least October 28. Polls will remain open as long as it takes to collect enough votes to make them game-ready. Signal boosts are still welcome. Thanks for voting!

9. CCritt93

CCritt93 Member

Due to journal size restrictions, Bark Woofson has trimmed down the survey posts. Each post now contains only the questions that were new that week. He has also added navigation links to the top of each post.

There is enough material now to extend the weekly polls to November 25. That will make (appropriately enough) 52 weeks. At this writing, all questions are still open for votes. Of course, signal boosts and viewer-submitted questions are always appreciated.