Furry Version of Harem Manga

Discussion in 'Writing & Prose' started by GeekRaptor, Aug 7, 2015.

1. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

A Good or Bad Idea?

2. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

I don't know. If the involved characters are hot then yeah, I guess. Only found out about this genre just now though

3. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

The Difference is my female characters actually look like Anthros.

4. Conker

Conker Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears

Bad, but marketable. Go for it.

5. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

In what way, and how might I overcome those problems?

6. Conker

By not making it a furry harem manga.

7. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

Did you even read the actual story yet?

8. Erzyal

Erzyal Keeper of useless information

I would read it :3

9. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

Thank You

10. Misomie

Misomie Lazy Artist

Harems often follow the same formula. Clueless and dumb guy surrounded by several females that like him because manga. The guy is just magically adored by all and the females are jealous and hurt emotionally until one comes out on top when the others give up or they all share the guy. Blam! Every. Harem. Ever.

11. GeekRaptor

GeekRaptor Member

Male looking so stupid? Yeah, that's a tradition that needs to be broken.

12. Conker

If there's a story to read, link me to it.

13. Owleri

Owleri Digital Artist

I don't think it's a bad idea, it's just that there are a lot of cliches in harem genres that you would need to be aware of and perhaps approach it from a different direction. Typically the biggest problem, aside from the plain male character with no defining features that make him worth being pursued, is that the genre focuses too much on introducing the harem early on when the focus should be the development of the relationships so that there is investment in each character as they are brought in. So it may be best not to start with the full harem but work up to it perhaps?

14. Punnchy

Punnchy Feed Me Pizza

I think the best thing to blend would be a furry harem manga that included sex scenes to grab a bigger audience. This would increase your reader base. You could also do a safe for work version of the comic too, where scenes are skipped or altered for a non-adult audience. The two big series that I'm aware make use of this are Peter is the Wolf and Druids, but Druids doesn't skip the sex scenes in the release I've found.

15. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

Do it!

16. SciFurz

SciFurz New Member

*dragging the undead thread from the bottom of the pile, thinking it might be the best place for anyone still interested in furry harem and who might get a message on this thread because it seems to be the only one in existence*

Lookie here: www.furaffinity.net: Daily Life With Furry Girls ch 01 by SciFurz

*disclaimer
    Fully self serving plug of non-erotic romance comedy with smart male and "normal" female anthro characters (real harem, not just one girl out of everyone)