Bug/Site Problem: Gallery Folder Missing

Discussion in 'Main Site and Forum Support' started by dynoway, Nov 27, 2011.

1. EmberKitt

EmberKitt New Member

having the same exact problem :( also can't upload my avatar
    FA Account:EmberKitt
    LINK: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/emberkitt/
    STEPS YOU TOOK: clicked a few times nothing happened, also i cannot upload an avatar

2. Flying-Reptile

Flying-Reptile New Member

Same here *drop*
    Please help :D

FA ACCOUNT:
    Flying-Reptile
    LINK: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/flying-reptile/
    STEPS YOU TOOK: clicked and clicked and clicked the link, create a second account to see if i can upload pictures xD, refreshing, cleared cache ...

3. Aestas

Aestas New Member

I have the same problem... :(
    FA Account: Aestas
    LINK: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/aestas/
    STEPS YOU TOOK: clicked a lot of times but nothing happened, cleared cache, tried different browsers

Please help :(

4. Verdict

Verdict New Member

Same issue, I joined on the 18th and still can't submit anything.

Account Name: Verdict
    Link: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/verdict/
    Steps You Took: Clicked the link several times, obviously; sent two emails (one to admin, one to an admin's personal email), sent in a ticket. No response so far.

5. Flying-Reptile

Flying-Reptile New Member

Gallery Folder Problem is fixed- Thanks :D
    But i cant`t see the avatars :-/

6. thekingghidorah

thekingghidorah New Member

7. Schmeck

Schmeck New Member

8. Atsilan

Atsilan New Member

Same issue, also cannot upload an avatar.

Account Name: Atsilan
    Link: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/atsilan/
    Steps You Took: Clicked the link several times for two days now, contacted two admins, one normal admin, and one tech. Also created a ticket. No response yet.

FIXED :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  9. TerreTheMageSlayer

TerreTheMageSlayer New Member

10. KlarkKentIII

KlarkKentIII New Member

I guess I'll join the troubled bandwagon.

Cannot upload an avatar (correct format, size, dimensions) or any artwork (currently have just one image to upload but still). Got the "missing gallery folder" message, clicked on the link provided, got this:

Errors encountered while fixing artfolders. Please contact admin@furaffinity.net to let us know.

Tried this at least 5 times, with no result. Send an email to provided address 12 hours ago, still no reply.

Also, first post and I don't even have an avatar, nor do I know how to make one here.

EDIT: fixed... somehow. Basically, scrolled through all the cookies, and found one that is from FA, but called a little differently. Instead of "furaffinity", it's called "facdn" or similar 3-4 letters after "fa". Basically, try deleting all furaffinity cookies, AND that one. See if it helps you as well.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  11. IneffableWaffle

IneffableWaffle New Member

I have this issue as well right now. I hope an admin can help!

Account Name:
    IneffableWaffle
    Link: Userpage of ineffablewaffle -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    Steps You Took: Clicked the "?fixfolders" link several times through several different browsers (to check if there were no cookies intervening) but the link keeps returning the error: "Errors encountered while fixing artfolders. Please contact admin@furaffinity.net to let us know." but the e-mail address doesn't work for me either (Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: admin@furaffinity.net . Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain furaffinity.net. The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.) :-\

EDIT: The issue has been resolved. Thank you to any staff involved! :3

~Waff'

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  12. Melazzee

Melazzee Advance!

I'll hop on here too, same issue on this end!

Account Name: RainingCactus
    Link: http: Userpage of rainingcactus -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    Steps You Took:
    Clicked the link several times, but it takes me to an error page. Tried to email admin like it says, but get my email bounced right back.

13. Daydream

Daydream New Member

14. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

@Melazzee & @Daydream, is this issue in relation to the fix folders link? It seems to be becoming a more prevalent problem on the site, however it is possible after the recet attack that it may have become broken. In which case I'll mention @yak as he might know the cause/fix of the issue (if there is one currently occuring).

15. sullivan brooks

sullivan brooks New Member

i created my account yesterday and i still can't post anything..... it tells me my gallery folder is missing :-( i really want to submit art as soon as possible

update: fixed!! it took exactly a day for it to fix!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  16. AmaltheaNox

AmaltheaNox New Member

Created account yesterday, still can't upload my art or update profile picture or nothing. Gallery folder still missing, links are useless.
    Sending an e-mail to the one listed in the link leads nowhere, as the e-mail [admin@furaffinity.net] doesn't exist.

17. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

The ?fixfolders link that appears if your gallery folder doesn't exist, works on a schedule, as in you are placed into a list which the server executes every few hours (this was true the last I heard), So it may appear to be non-functional to begin with.

However true, this feature is woefully outdated and could be replaced by an SQL command upon user registration.

As for the email, and I'm likely to get told off for doing this, just replace "admin" with "dragoneer" (no quotes) and it'll go straight to the head of FA. But don't expect a fast response time. Another way is to tweet Dragoneer and request it there, always nice to put out public requests.

Should the link error, email as mentioned in the paragraph above and please wait for a reply.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  18. spookyfriend

spookyfriend New Member

Gonna email admin, but I'm having the same issue.

19. CandiCarl

CandiCarl New Member

FA ACCOUNT NAME: CandiCarl
    USERS INVOLVED: CandiCarl
    LINKS/REFERENCE:
    Userpage of candicarl -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    STEPS YOU TOOK: I tried emailing the admin, and I clicked the fix gallery button several times and it still does not work. Thanks! :3

Edit: Fixed, thanks a lot!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  20. WhipSKA

WhipSKA New Member

Unfortunately I have the same problem, I cant upload an avatar picture to my account and I cant upload any art, it tells me the next error: 'Your gallery folder is missing. Click the link below to fix it'
    I created my account on 13th August
    Account Name: WhipSKY
    User Involved: WhipSKY
    Links: Userpage of whipsky -- Fur Affinity [dot] net - Please log in -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    Steps you took: I tried logging from 3 different browsers, cleared cache, clicked the error link several times, I tried to contact with the email that shows on the error for help (admin@furaffinity.net) but email tells me that it is unable to send the message to that email account

Edit

FIXED! (It was fixed by emailing dragoneer@furaffinity.net)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016