Bug/Site Problem: Gallery Folder Missing

Discussion in 'Main Site and Forum Support' started by dynoway, Nov 27, 2011.

1. RyskaDragons

RyskaDragons New Member

I did the same like most of the users here.
    My account Name is RyskaDragons,
    And i tried to e-Mail the Admin as well, but the E-Mail isnt existant.

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

@WhipSKA & @RyskaDragons - Try emailing @Dragoneer (dragoneer@furaffinity.net) it'll go directly to him.

As for the email being non-existant, I would suggest filing a Trouble Ticket under the "Report a Bug" category and explain the issue. Hopefully a main-site admin could come onboard this thread and help explain why that email address is failing to work.

3. Fenris Greymane

Fenris Greymane New Member

I am having the exact same issues, no gallery folder etc. My emails to the admin address bounced. As suggested by the previous post I will know email @Dragoneer

Thanks @jayhusky

4. jayhusky

I should mention, that you should allow a few days for response as FA:U has only just finished, and it is likely he will have a fair few emails to work through when he next checks them.

However I hope this works for all of you.

5. Sadismar

Sadismar Baephomet

6. WhipSKA

WhipSKA New Member

Fixed it! Thank you very much :)

7. Fenris Greymane

Hi @jayhusky

My issue still has not been resolved, I would appreciate any suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks

8. jayhusky

Hey,
    Sorry to hear your issue hasn't resolved itself. Really wish this bug never existed. Perhaps staff would enlighten us as to why this issue occurs. Perhaps there could be a collaborative effort to patch this bug.
    Since I'm not staff, I haven't any way of fixing this by myself. However I'm going to tag @quoting_mungo in here as I believe them to be more knowledgeable about how you may be able to fix this. But truthfully the issue stops at @yak as he's the lead coder of FA, so if anyone is likely to know a fix, he will.

9. Fenris Greymane

Hi Jay, pleased to report that the issued has now been fixed and I can now upload! You are a very helpful and knowledgeable chap and I am most grateful for your valuable assistance. Fenris

10. jayhusky

Hi Fenris,

I'm glad to hear your issue has been resolved.
    Hopefully you shouldn't bump into anymore of them for the foreseeable future, but I'm happy to have been of some assistance to you.

11. gruesome

gruesome New Member

i am also having this problem. says theres an error encountered while fixing art folders

FA ACCOUNT NAME: gruesome
    LINKS/REFERENCE: Please log in -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    STEPS YOU TOOK: clicked the link many times

12. jayhusky

I don't know if you have read through the entirety of this thread, but please look at Post #37
    linked here for you

It explains the ?fixfolders link and also what to do if it errors.

13. gruesome

gruesome New Member

aaaa so it will fix on its own over time? that seems pretty silly to me...
    thank you for your help!

14. jayhusky

Yeah, for the most part the link is an auto executing script which runs every few hours, but occasionally it lags and takes a while longer.
    If you still haven't got a working gallery folder in 72 hours, file a TT with the site and they'll help sort it out.

While it is silly, I think they run it like that so it doesn't attempt to abuse resources on the site, having it run for example 5 times a day as against whenever a new account is registered stops the system from crawling to a halt, which on FA has happened before.

Not a problem, enjoy the site.