Games everyone seems to love, but you just couldn't get into.

Discussion in 'PC & Console Gaming' started by Beatle9, Jun 21, 2017.

1. MalloMoo

MalloMoo New Member

I tried really hard to get into Far Cry, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. Don't get me wrong, I love trying to collect things, Wildlands was incredibly fun for a while when I had others to play with. I just didn't like the characters of the other ones for me to really get into it.
    Another tough one was the Disgaea series. I love tactical RPGs, but it was just... annoying to me.
    Also, Dark Souls. Because no thank you, I hate myself as it is and I don't need to smash controllers.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy A very happy lizard

Dark Souls is something I really want to get into but seem to be just terrible at it for what ever reason, which is a shame ;w;

3. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

Witcher 3: It's good, but nothing has hooked me into it and makes me want to play more. Even after 20 hours.

Enderal (Mod for Skyrim): Same deal with Witcher 3. And the whole skill books-as-your-only-way-of-increasing-your-skills felt like a dumb idea.

Half Life 2 Ep1: Nothing really wrong with it, I just think it's a mundane shooter. But I think that contrasts heavily with a lot of people's opinions on it.

Thomas Was Alone: People seemed to really care about the characters and story, and that it's emotionally moving. I never really felt anything throughout the story, or for the characters. Except maybe frustration when a character wouldn't jump and falls off the edge.

Mario 64: I was awful at it with the tank controls. I find the graphical style really unsettling for some reason. Never finished it.

Bioshock Infinite: It started off looking like it would be a great game, but once the plot got off the rails it had really lost much of its initial charm. I was beyond caring once the big twists and reveals set in. After completing it I don't understand why people consider it a masterpiece. Or to be that fun of a game.

4. Denji

Denji Good scaleboye

Skyrim, I just can't get into it, I'm not sure why.

5. OrcKing

OrcKing Member

Call of Duty (all of them)

I just don't enjoy call of duty games :/ I mean full disclosure I don't normally enjoy FPS games, but there are some I have like Lost Planet 2. But yea with Call of Duty it just...boreing.

6. Wolf-Snipe

Wolf-Snipe Member

Lost Planet its more like TPS ^^

7. draqen

draqen New Member

Silent Hill 4. I found it honestly to be the most frustrating game i've ever played xD. But i love all the other silent hills.

8. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Pretty much any MOBA, the learning curve is pretty rough for a lot of them.

9. Julen

Julen ✮ Banter Squad Member ✮

any game like warcraft, Lol or that kinda deal.

played on a friend's PC for a little while, and i just got absolutely bored.

yuo dun get to kill fascist
    =
    bad gmae in me book

10. silver0322

silver0322 New Member

No man sky. I just couldn't get into it.

11. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

Really? People like that game, all I've heard from people is how disappointed they were with it.

12. silver0322

silver0322 New Member

now that the update hit and its what they promised to begin with. people seem to like it.

13. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

Ah, maybe I'll have to reinstall it and give it another go then...

14. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Tank controls?

Pipistrele likes this.
  15. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i want to say Elite dangerous

ive given up on it the game is shit its got a lot of fun elements but overall its crap

the most fanboy elitist community in exsistance

the game assumes you have no life
    everything is a chore
    the game almost discourages you from exploring combat

you can lose all your progress over really stupid shit

the game is just fucking shit

16. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

Depression Quest, I just couldn't get into it.

17. Gaitsu

Gaitsu Active Member

When I was growing up, all my friends were hooked on Final Fantasy 8 (Shadowed by 7, but I enjoyed that one). At the time, I wasn't as big on sci fi as I am now, and I just couldn't get into the semi modern/futuristic aspect of it. I ended up playing it all the way to the final boss (Never beat it), and thought the space bit was kinda cool, but overall, that game was just an endless drain of my time when I could have been playing better games, like Legend of Dragoon.

18. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

The Hitman - the series I desperately want to love, but just can't. The only good entry is probably Blood Money, which is genuinely one of the greatest stealth games in history; all the others are flawed in various unpleasant ways. Codename 47 is more of a clunky shooter with stealth stapled on; Silent Assassin and Contracts are absurdly hard, with disguises being close to useless (everything can blow your cover, from being around the guards for 2-3 seconds to, well, just running) and AI acting in random manner; Absolution was dumbed down to the point of killing all the reasons to play Hitman games in the first place (that is, open map and an ability to plan your hits in lots of ways); and the 2016 reboot, while trying to return to the acclaimed Blood Money formula, was ruined by its "episodic" distribution. A rare case of one incredibly brilliant game in the series being surrounded by unpolished or misguided entries. Play Blood Money if you haven't already, avoid anything else unless you're into this kind of games.

Depression Quest was overhyped by the press, but hardly beloved. If I remember correctly, it was one of the reasons for the whole GamerGate thing - people accused game journalists of hyping it due to supposedly having some less-than-professional connections with creator, Zoe Quinn. General consensus is that's a very mediocre visual novel that tries to justify itself by trying to tackle a difficult topic - but games like The Cat Lady or even Silent Hill 2 (which deal with theme of depression in much more sophisticated and complex way) already make Depression Quest severely obsolete.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  19. I dunno theres loads.

Oh, Dark Souls!
    I understand theyre good, but theyre very grim for me. No music or anything ;(

20. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Eh? Dark Souls has some of the greatest music in last decade of video games or so - it's not constant, but when it plays, it's fantastic.