Games with furry protagonists?

Discussion in 'PC and Console Gaming' started by BronzeHeart92, Jun 13, 2017.

1. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 New Member

Yeah, Video games are great but sometimes it can get a little boring if you're playing as human characters all the time. Got a videogame where you play as furry/animal characters? Post them here.

2. The first one I can think of is Dust: An Elysian Tale. Very good platformer adventure.

The second I can think of is Major/Minor. A visual novel. Not great in my opinion, but it's ok.

BloodyBonez87 likes this.
  3. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

Dust is a great game, but I really wouldn't recommend Major/Minor not only is it kinda bad but its creator has an inflated ego and in general acts like a prick.

As for op any of the Elderscrolls games Morrowind onward let you play as an anthro cat (Khajiit) or lizard (Argonian). Also not sure if The Wolf Among Us counts since its about a werewolf but why not.

And while not really protagonist based. Armello is a very furry game, and a bunch of the races you can play/make in Stellaris are furry like.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  4. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

As for the obvious mentions, there is Star Fox (and Star Fox Adventures if you want to play a Zelda-style adventure game instead of an on-rails space shooter) and Sly Cooper (3D platformer with light stealth elements). Oh, and Yooka-Laylee is out by now (depending on your platform of choice), and a recent personal favorite of mine, Ori and the Blind Forest (if you have an XBox One or a Win10 PC with the specs).

Cloudyhue likes this.
  5. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 New Member

Now, while it might be still in Beta, there's Ghost of a Tale that stars this really adorable tiny mouse. Has anyone played it yet?

6. Grimm Hund

Grimm Hund Active Member

Here's a PlayStation title: Sly Cooper. (3D Stealthy Playformer.) Since the series ended after the fourth game, I wrote my own endings.

drawain likes this.
  7. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Pending Deletion

Games I can think of right now.

Shiness the lighting kingdom if you like fighting games
    Starbound and Terraria, have mods where you can play as a furry
    Aqua kitty Milk mine defender, I know how it sounds buts its a very fun arcade game.

in skyrim there's a mod called everyone is khajiit it will make about 99% of all characters will be kitties.

8. XypherFox7

XypherFox7 SUPER GAY FEMBOY

Well, you can play as a Khajiit in most of the Elder Scrolls games, if that helps.

9. shapeless0ne

shapeless0ne a multi fursona kangaroo

there are certain games where you can mod in anthro's as well....such as left 4 dead

10. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 New Member

Skylar and Plux anyone? A fun little throwback to the sort of adventure games you might find on ps2.

11. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Pending Deletion

Ratchet and clank is always great.

Amiir likes this.
  12. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:)

Old MMO that got shut down: Trickster: Play as various Anthro animals and create their skill set.

NES: Mappy Land (having to do with playing as mice collecting cheese from baddies, fantabulous boxart.)

WoW and any Moba really has Anthro furry characters

I am sure mascots from consoles also qualify. (ex Banjo/Kazooie, DK, Star Fox, Sonic, Splatoon, Loony Tunes, etc...)

There are tons and tons of games out there that feature Anthro, Furry, and different types of species as the main protagonist.

:)

Yaruzaru likes this.
  13. Yaruzaru

Yaruzaru Feral tendencies, cuddle me at your own risk

Ori and the Blind Forest, because how can you say no to playing as a cute little forest creature? Plus, the story and the gameplay are equally enjoyable.
    header.jpg
    Also, Spyro the Dragon(Ripto's Rage) has always been a personal favorite back in the days of PSone. Other than that, as someone else said, plenty of games allow you to play as anthro furry characters. A lot of MMO games have either a furry race or allow you to customize your character's appearance enough that you could make one yourself.

14. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

I second Ori and Armello, was gonna mention but of course people beat me to it.

Dust is a very obvious one as well

15. Simo

Simo Skunk

Are there any games that have skunks?

Or even a European badger...they look close enough! :p

Yaruzaru likes this.
  16. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

I mean, you could use the Avian Race from Starbound...

17. Yaruzaru

Yaruzaru Feral tendencies, cuddle me at your own risk

I remember playing this, it was pretty fun, to be honest. It had me pulling my hair at some points but the gameplay was creative enough to keep me interested. I think it just didn't get noticed much when it came out, as I don't know anyone else who has heard of it. And yes, the skunk spray is his basic attack. Super effective.

Mandragoras likes this.
  18. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 New Member

Armello certainly got lots of praise indeed.

19. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

Night in the Woods is a good one. Of course, there are the older, more obvious ones such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Battletoads, and Altered Beast.

20. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

Having played Luckys Tale on the Rift, I can already tell this is going to be an awesome game

kidchameleon likes this.
  21. drawain

drawain Artist

Wakfu and Dofus Dog, dragon, panda and cat classes. I play as Osamodas/dragon of course. <3

Croc A PS1 game from my childhood.

22. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Theyre super cute! The cut scenes for battle are pretty great and done in 2D, and the story panels are done in beautiful 2D art as well. I'm hoping the game develops more in the future, it's very fun.

Essentially if you didnt look it up it's a board game style thing, where you move your character among spaces, the characters are 3D animated models that move among environment spaces.

So yeah, thats my rave for that game

(I also third the older game of Sly Cooper, which made up my childhood)

23. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, Rivals of Aether is a Smash-style fighting game featuring a roster of eight furry animal characters.

(Nine if you count its upcoming DLC...)
    Ori, from the Blind Forest, is the game's first guest fighter!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  24. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

A couple of months ago I played a text adventure game on steam called Welcome to Moreytown. It's got a noir storyline where you play as a furry character. It's a bit shorter than I expected, but if you like text adventure games it's not a bad one for the price ($5).

25. Tecwyn

Tecwyn Loves Chatting

If you have a DS (or ds emulator), Solatorobo might be an interesting game. bit of an action rpg with lots of airships and robots fighting, mostly humerous though