Greeting the Newbies.

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions' started by Nylak, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Nylak

Nylak Angry Otter

Okay, all you longtime FAFers, listen up, because this is for you!

We love it when you stop by and say hi to the new guys. Help make them feel welcome, give some advice, the whole shebang. But please keep in mind that it is not your job to try and terrify the hell out of them, or harass them into immediately leaving the forum just because they aren't acclimatized to the nature of the community yet.

Instead of criticizing and gnawing on the new guy who's made a FAF faux pas, try instead to give a few friendly suggestions. Or, better yet, LEAVE THE THREAD ALONE AND GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.

Thank you, and have a pleasant day. :]

2. Xegras

Xegras Peerat

Does this mean no pitchforks?

KushFox likes this.
  3. Nylak

Nylak Angry Otter

That's exactly what it means.

4. Xegras

Xegras Peerat

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffff-

What do i do with the 300 i just ordered then? D:

BoxOrphan likes this.
  5. Nylak

Nylak Angry Otter

Sell em to a farmer, cause we don't need em around here. >:[

6. Schwimmwagen

Schwimmwagen Active Member

I know 300 spartan lads who'll take them.

Yeah, I stand by Nylak. :v

BoxOrphan likes this.
  7. Icky

Icky is the prettiest pony~

So what about CannonFodder's sticky right below this? Seems like all that it's there for is to scare the newbs with a wall of stupid "rules".

8. Xegras

Xegras Peerat

Its a new challenge!

You have to scare them without actually posting!

Quick work on your intimidating faces!

BoxOrphan likes this.
  9. Nylak

Nylak Angry Otter

Like anyone actually ever reads the rules.

10. Tycho

Tycho Active Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

/sulk

11. Thatch

Thatch Don't vore me, bro

Nylak, once again you show how visciously evil you are. You want this place to have a whiny, furfaggy userbase to make it a living hell for both them and us D:

Suddenly I don't think I ever read the one about harrasing users. I guess I don't have to mind it either? :3c

12. Willow

Willow *honks la cucaracha horn*

So does this mean I can't post my creepy RP ad anymore? :(

Though sometimes newbies totally disregard legit advice and take it as an attack, and this is where things get ugly.
    They kinda bring it upon themselves sometimes.

13. Xegras

Xegras Peerat

Within 9 posts she went from "BAD FAF" to "Eh fuck it you guys dont listen anyway"

14. Thatch

That's FAF in a nutshell.

Or how it's traditionally been.

Seriously, it's not as if someone actually interested in posting will RAEGquit just because of some rough handling in the beggining. And that's not just a theory. I mean, it's not as if FAF is the same stagnant pool for a couple years now. Old posters go, new ones come, whiny furfags are chewed out nevermind when they joined. It has been as such, and hopefully will stay that way.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  15. HyBroMcYenapants

HyBroMcYenapants STEVE HARVEY = HOMOSEXUAL

This will turn into furtopia in a few months.

Fuck that

16. Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx Banned

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD (AS WE KNOW IT)

Seriously though, they'll get their baptism by fire eventually, it's not that unreasonable of a request to keep it out of the introductions threads.

17. Browder

Browder Wishes He could Fly

Doubtful. You'll find other prey to be mean to. We don't mind rudeness as long as it gets a point across. However if you alienate people from a community before they even have a chance to join then you barely have a community.

18. Thatch

Yet the community still holds. That's because the ones that get alienated wouldn't become a worthy part of it to begin with :V

And no, I'm not talking about being selective. I'm just talking about people being intelligent and mature enough not to give too much shit about it and just go posting. Mostly because those are the ones that at least bothered to know what the hell they're getting into, instead of just assuming "OH HEY FUR FRANDS FOREVER".

19. Browder

Browder Wishes He could Fly

But why should they go on posting if their first impression of a site is of people being dicks? Sure be dicks later if a poster is being stupid. Whatever. But if they're being stupid in an intro thread kindly correct them.

20. Thatch

Because they read the ACTUAL FORUMS, not just the introductions. It's not as if you're unable to browse the forums until before making an intro thread. I haven't made one and got no incorrect impression of the forums, personally. Neither here, nor on other forums.

And you can correct someone being simply wrong, being stupid is sadly incurable as of yet :V