Have you ever met a furry IRL by accident?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lcs, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

I actually found out a coworker of mine was at my old job by accident. He was a manager and I had his number still saved in my phone from when my mate who was also working there had had an accident at work and he had to take my mate to the hospital so he needed to contact me since I'm his emergency contact. So like scroll by a few months later and I still had his number on my phone. I was using telegram at the time and new people in your contacts will pop up...so yea his did. With his icon and user name I put two and two together and even found he had a twitter. We talked about it on dms there and we were both like..."yea I had a feeling anyways" to each other lol

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  2. lockaboss

lockaboss hi how are you...just kidding i dont care

i havent ever meet a furry but i want to irl

3. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Idk if I'll ever meet anyone like that. I was already very surprised I found a croc from my city on Twitter. It's already rare find any Chilean furry on the internet.

4. katalistik

katalistik Still friendly.

I live in Mordor.I have a classmate that likes to draw anthro.That's all.

5. ILikeWaffles

ILikeWaffles -Insert Title Here-

Once saw someone with cat ears and a tail at a local Walmart, but apart from that, never.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  6. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

Many years ago, I had just recently found out about the Fandom. I was printing some calendars for a dog club fund raiser and was delivering them to a garden party kind of event. I knew the club president and a few other attendees there, so I was invited to stay awhile as I was president of the local dog obedience club. I was wandering around the event and there was a young couple there. I noticed the guy was wearing a tee shirt that had AC and the year on it along with some Furry graphics. I stopped in my tracks and pointed at the shirt and said "I know what THAT is! I'm a Furry too!". The guy was kind of mortified because at the time, I didn't realize the stigma of being a Furry. (It was a lot worse then.) His girlfriend, it turned out, was also a Furry. We ended up talking a bit, but it was kind of awkward as I could tell they really didn't want to talk about it in the setting we were in. We became friends later, but now his girlfriend has quit the Fandom, and he has moved. We do keep in touch, however. Ever since then, though, I have run across lots of Furries. I was at a Burger King with my friend, Draconis, and there was a table in the corner with a couple of truck drivers seated at it. As Draconis and I were eating, I heard the words, "MFM" come out of the corner. I was like... nawwww it couldn't be. I went over to the table and asked, "Did you say MFM, as in Mephit Fur Meet?" The truckers looked shocked but acknowledged that that was what they were talking about. I laughed and told them that Draconis and I were Furries, too. We finished up lunch together and then I took them outside to show them my fursuit, which just happened to be with me in my car. It was quite a fun and funny experience.

cosmo-cat likes this.
  7. xaliceonfire

xaliceonfire Kiralee

I don't need to 'catch' him. I'm not concerned with finding people that are or are not. I'd rather not compromise my work situation anyway.

8. Martin2W

Martin2W Sergaling like a sir

Im Sorry.

9. xaliceonfire

xaliceonfire Kiralee

Don't be. It's just not that big a deal to me.

10. Klezmer Gryphon

Klezmer Gryphon The Swing-meister

There was one time I was talking with a furry friend of mine while waiting around between classes, sharing various furry pictures we had drawn, and another guy comes up and asks, "Oh, is that furry stuff?" Initially I was apprehensive to answer since my classmates in high school had nothing but snark and scorn for anything furry, but this fellow pulled up a picture of his fursona and we all started talking about furry stuff. Shame I didn't at least ask him what his Telegram was.

11. AtnertheFox

AtnertheFox Murr :3

Not exactly. It would be kinda cool. I only have a couple of drawings on display at my school which should hopefully lure out a fur or two.

12. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

My tigress and I attended a furry writer's get-together in SoCal some years back. We knew one another from an on-line forum so we decided to have an actual meet. One fur and his wife drove from the high desert and we drove down from NorCal. Had a nice meet, found out several furs had things in common such as religion, military service and being gov't employees. It wasn't a big meet but it was worth it.

ChapterAquila92 and xaliceonfire like this.
  13. Aces

Aces Member

I had a couple of young men come through my line at a part-time job, buying a little bust of a fox or something. I'd made some small talk- I can't even remember what I had said) but the one corrected me- specifying that the other "Really liked anthropomorphic animals." I was just like, "Okay," and made no big deal about it, but the poor lad was clearly embarrassed.

I really can't find myself identifying as a furry, having given myself some time to contemplate the idea, and at that point, with the heavy sexual themes found in the fandom, I wasn't even comfortable enough to associate with furs. I do wish I coulda said something to make the fellow feel less ashamed.

14. Cindermin

Cindermin New Member

I was on my way to ANE and I had my badge on when I went to a rest stop for some water. The guy at the register smiled and said, I get to serve a fellow furry?? and that he saw the badge. he introduced himself and we shook hands. Found out he is a silver fox and his next con is in may but I forgot his name! but that was really cool I love meeting other furs in every day life ;w;

15. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 Jumping feet first into hell... seems like my job

So, funny thing, I actually graduated with quite a few furs. I just knew the people, and one day quite a few of them just decided that I was cool enough not to go telling what wasn't mine to tell. Didn't mean much at the time, but I think I have a few peeps to find on FB now...

xaliceonfire likes this.
  16. Cindermin

Cindermin New Member

Good luck to you with that ;p

17. xaliceonfire

xaliceonfire Kiralee

Saw a really strange fur yesterday. Very strange.

18. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

This is true friendship right here

biscuitfister likes this.
  19. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 Jumping feet first into hell... seems like my job

I thought it had been established not to "come out" as a furry? :V

20. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

The only furries I've met are those I've met on purpose. I am sure I've bumped into a lot of people who are furries without knowing it though.