Have you ever met a furry IRL by accident?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lcs, Jan 13, 2017.

1. cosmo-cat

cosmo-cat nya

I see some people at my school wear tails and such, but I've never talked to them mainly because I get the "cringey" vibe from them

2. Lcs

Lcs Woof

I was at a store earlier today and saw this: (sorry for the poor resolution, I had to crop the image quite a bit)

[​IMG]

I have some serious doubts that they are actually furries, but it made me think of this thread. I think they were doing some sort of charity or something.

3. pippi

pippi Stinky Skunk

I joined a local furry group a few years back, and discovered that friends I'd known since childhood were furries, if that counts.

4. Zipline

Zipline Noodle Fish

My furry sense lets me know when they are around.
    I have met one in the military, a few in high school, my neighbor, coworkers, a bunch at the grocery store, at the mall, even in Alaska during a riot to name a few places.

5. Zipline

Zipline Noodle Fish

Those are what people who have never seen furries think we look like. Aka: my nightmares.

ChapterAquila92 and Lcs like this.
  6. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Tiny Miniskirt Enthusiast

I've only ever met other furries at a convention or online. I've never met another irl otherwise.

Incidentally, I did see a really creepy guy dressed in a big gingerbreadman/teddybear costume outside a candy shop at about 11 PM in Las Vegas which resembled the people in the picture above. I think he was a mascot for the shop, but it was really creepy.

7. Never met a furry by accident- they're usually pretty easy to pick out in a crowd tbh... but I did meet an otherkin/furry by accident once. She was in dire need of a place to stay after being kicked out of her house by her mom, so we let her rent our spare room.
    First night, she walked into my bedroom uninvited, sat on my bed, told me she had a 13 year old alter ego her therapist says is "totally fine", and she's actually a rain demon in a 'human vessel' and a demon furry of some kind.

Look, I'm an open minded person... I've uh...contributed quite a bit to this fandom myself but... the very first night you spend in someone's house probably should not go down that way.

Every time it rained (which is every other day in western Washington), she'd start loudly exclaiming that it was a "family reunion" and that the rain most definitely was her lover.
    She was 31.
    I'm 25.
    Blew my mind.

Nothing against otherkin but some of ya'll live at like an 11, and I need you at like a 2 if you're going to be sharing a roof with me.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Arcturus Maple likes this.
  8. Simo

Simo Skunk

Nope, I can't say I have, which seems odd...I get out a lot, and am very social. I've seen a few people I suspect might have been furries, say at the board-gaming store, but gamers and furries look sorta alike, in a that geeky kinda way.

It is odd...you'd think I might have at least stumbled on a gang or roving fursuiters by now!

9. Myla

Myla Urgh

When I went to vocational school to study making games, I met two furries.

The first one lived in the same student apartment as I did. They made fursuits and loved red pandas. We were also in the same class.
    The second one was also in the same class, but I didn't get to know they were a furry during the 3 years we studied at that school. In our friend circle people had been talking little about how they don't like furries etc. so we didn't express our like for them when we were around these friends.

After graduating from the vocational school I went to art adult education college to study comics. The second furry friend also came there.
    There I met this classmate who did really cute furry art. They were the one who actually finally made me realize that I was a furry. We were openly discussing about furry stuff and I finally found out that the friend from previous school was also a furry.

Arcturus Maple likes this.
  10. Kaprima

Kaprima woof

Just hired a new receptionist where I work, I was casually chatting with her and the subject of conventions came up. One thing lead to another and I ended up making my first irl furry friend, ha!

11. strawvery

strawvery New Member

I'm in high school now and I know a furry girl who goes to our school. She probably is on here somewhere so I won't say too much. She wears a blue BDSM-sort of looking collar and a huge rainbow tail wherever she goes. She's really cute as heck, always rubbing up against me and saying that she wants snuggles, which that said, would be weird if I hadn't known her as long as I have. But she's a real sweetheart and it's a shame that I don't spend more time around her. She's super accepting to everyone and generally just seems to want to make people happy.