Help with neck.

Discussion in 'Fursuiting and Costuming' started by Scorpen, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Scorpen

Scorpen Literal S.O.B

This is the 2nd head I have built of my German Shepherd/Doberman fursona. I've learned a lot and am much happier with how this one is turning out but one area I just can't seem to figure out is how on earth to build a neck. I've searched online and can only seem to find vague patterns/tutorials and they are not helping me at all. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any neck tutorials that could help that would be awesome!
    0627172106d.jpg 0627172254a.jpg
    I'm also open to any criticism if anyone sees any obvious flaws please let me know and I'll try my best to fix them. Most of the fur is only tacked down as of now so I can still remove it and hopefully adjust the foam base.

2. HallowQueen

HallowQueen Candy is dandy~

the neck should be considered as simply a transition, this means it is not a tube or consistent shape
    it chould bell out to rest on the shoulders, otherwise it will be awkward, best of luck sweetie!

3. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

Not only should it bell out at the bottom to transition to the shoulders, it should do the same at the top where it meets the head.

4. Scorpen

Scorpen Literal S.O.B

Thanks for the help everyone, I think I've got kinda an idea now of what to do. I've got free time this weekend so I'll try to mock up a pattern and practice with some scrap fabric. My only other question as of now is when I have the neck "ready" do I sew it onto the bottom of the head where I guess my neck would be or more towards the edge where I guess the cheeks/muzzle end?