HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Snowfurry360, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Snowfurry360

Snowfurry360 The out-of-this-world kinda gal

Ok this is the only place I could think of to post this and I'm sorry. I accidentally cracked my sisters phone. Yes I KNOW IT DOESN'T LOOK BAD SHUT UP.... sorry. Anyway, does anyone have any good suggestions to fix something like this? Pleeeaaase help!!
    (Also, don't post anything that won't help)

2. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Original Cybernetic Fennec

Slow your roll tiger, what model phone is it? Does it have a warranty or protection plan still? Are you comfortable playing with delicate electronics, or do you need someone else to?

Unfortunately there isn't just a quick tap-tap fix to a broken screen, but all is not lost. If you have a warranty or protection plan, just move all your data to your computer and take it in (make sure to take out the microSD card if it has one). If you don't, you might be able to salvage it yourself or have someone else do it for you. Replacing screens isn't too difficult, although it can be overwhelming if you don't have any experience tinkering around with delicate electronics. Depending on the model, you can pick up a new screen + the tools to replace it for under $100. Having someone do it for you is likely to cost a bit more than fixing it yourself, however, they usually know what they are doing and won't damage anything in the process.

3. Snowfurry360

Oh, alright. It is an iPhone 5... crud forgot to put the pic... and I don't know if it has a protection or warranty.. We got it on December 25 2014. I don't think we can handle tinkering the insides, but I'll take your suggestions in mind. Thank you

4. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

You're doomed my amigo. Gotta take better care of other's property

5. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

Just own up to it fam.

-AlphaLupi likes this.
  6. Snowfurry360

Sorry, dunno what that means...

7. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Original Cybernetic Fennec

An iPhone 5 screen costs about $20 - $30, not including labor. I wouldn't suggest tinkering if you're not comfortable with it, but you can see if there is any local stores offering cell phone repairs. There are tons of us geeks around willing to fix up broken phones.

It's pretty unlikely that it has a warranty still, can't say I'm very familiar with Apple's policies (Android user myself) but I doubt it stretches to 2+ years. A protection plan depends on your carrier and if you/whomever pays extra for it.

Snowfurry360 likes this.
  8. Snowfurry360

Alright, thank you so much bro

9. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

Be honest with your parents and admit -you- accidentally broke it.

10. Snowfurry360

Ok, I'll try

11. Nuemek

Nuemek New Member

Excuse me! Why can't see mature and adult look at the pictures.

12. Nuemek

Nuemek New Member

13. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

dont freak out when techno stuff breaks its real easy to fix just make sure your mommy and daddy pay for it

14. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

You are probably underage, so ergo, you can't see pr0n due to age restrictions.

Might help to start your own thread, too. Be polite and don't hijack threads like I just did.:oops:

15. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Wrong place to post this.

Go to the main site, click on your username, and select 'Report a Problem'.

But please do not ask for further commentary here, it's not the thread subject.