Help!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Apr 11, 2017.

1. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Vulpine Photographer

Hey. So, um, for some reason, I've completely lost my ability to reply to people's posts due to some sort of "reply restriction" that I can't seem to find. What happened? Did I get in trouble or something?
    UPDATE: Last night, shortly before I went to bed, I regained my ability to reply. However, when I logged back in, about a half-hour ago, the first time in about 10 hours, I was once again barred from replying. Is there something wrong with my account?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. FluffyShutterbug

Ok, so I think the problem is gone. I think I'm able to reply to posts again. But, I wonder what happened?

3. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

Mybad sorry, I logged into your account and hit the wrong button.

Kidding BTW

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Post quoted for clarity! (To show the hidden white text)

As for the reply issue, for those unaware, it is a "bug" of sorts which is triggered by the anti-spam measures.
    If the forum software detects you post too much within a certain time frame, it locks your ability to reply for a certain amount of time.

While the current triggers aren't known, it is likely to be triggered by an average of more than 2-3 posts per 30 seconds, as this is relatively unusual for a human to do, an often the effects will last for a few hours.

The effects are not permanent, but my advise would be to use a single reply when replying to multiple users, (quoting is your friend) and if you often get the reply restrictions, moderate your posting speed.

As a footnote, I replied to the PM you sent me FluffyShutterbug.

5. FluffyShutterbug

This is what I saw on my end... The issue is present is towards the bottom of the screenshot. Problem.jpg

6. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

I don't think I've ever had reply restrictions. I always feel really bad for the people who get them:(

7. FluffyShutterbug

You know other people that this happened to?

8. Ravofox

A lot of people on open chat have mentioned it, but I think it's when they have posted a lot of stuff in quick succession

9. FluffyShutterbug

I talked to Jay Husky, and he seems to think that was the cause, too. However, that problem can cause "aftershocks", so to speak. I regained my ability to reply last night, only to lose it again this morning (after staying offline for 10 hours), and I wasn't allowed to reply again until about 8PM.

10. Ravofox

Oh, ok:)

11. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

I've looked through your posting record, and yes, it appears you were posting at a rate fast enough that the forum placed the restrictions on your acsount, suspecting it as a spam account.

Just keep in mind that in single threads you can lump multiple replies into a single post, that helps prevent the forum from treating your account as suspect.

12. FluffyShutterbug

Does the server still suspect me as a spam account?

13. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

never could stomach that canned "Meat".... even fried its rather nasty, IMHO....