Hey! I'm new here, I have a nagging question.

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Spifflet, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DravenDonovan

DravenDonovan You can call me Oni~

Well, for some, a Sona is a representation of yourself (the one who created said Sona). So, for some, they only have 1 Sona, while the rest of their characters are just OCs (Original Characters).
    So basically he is asking if it is weird that his Fursona (the one that represents himself, on a more personal level) is the opposite gender.
    Which it is not. For something to be classified as 'weird', it would have to be uncommon. And it isn't uncommon at all. Very common, actually.

FizzDarksight likes this.
  2. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

3. DravenDonovan

DravenDonovan You can call me Oni~

4. MEDS

MEDS Non-medicinal Foxicorn

I've had disagreements before, and have come to the conclusion that just because ones fursona is something, does not mean the human side has to be.

FizzDarksight likes this.
  5. Spifflet

Spifflet Guest

I feel like I'm similar to Draven, I feel like more of a Tom Girl than anything, nothing major like a transsexual. Thanks for the support guys!

DravenDonovan likes this.
  6. FancyHatching

FancyHatching New Member

Just to clear something up though... They just used the word "trans" which I took as "transgender" which would make perfect sense in that context.

And about the original question: I think it's perfectly fine to have a sona with a different gender. Most important thing is that you feel comfortable with it.

7. Matohusky

Matohusky Guest

No issue there at all :3

I would like to say the fandom is very nonjudgemental.

I think everyone would agree with me there on that.

Welcome by the way

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  8. Xaroin

Xaroin Sprsh

So many people do it. That's not an uncommon thing to happen.

9. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Just don't tell people you're a furry. You can thank me latre

Use whatever you want mate. As long as you're not saying "YO I'M TOTES A CHICK" when you're really a dude I see no problem. Same works vice versa

[​IMG]

Oh trust me. You've never really seen the fandom then my friend

You sweet summer child

10. racoondevil

racoondevil Minogue be my furname, hello!

Well as a girl you can do more cute things that would look out of place as a male, but as a furry, males that do cute things seem to be encouraged.

11. Aces

Aces Member

Personally, I view physical sex and gender as separate issues entirely. So, in my book, you can physically be a dude, be totally comfortable with your genitals, but represent your personality with a female avatar and be on point no problem.

Really though, considering all the crazy unreal stuff people do with their fursonas, I think "Trying out identifying with a fictional female character" is one of the less "Weird" things you can do. I'm weirder in not having a fursona, from a statistical perspective.

I think its really important to remember that this fandom is very much about "Do you." Which is like "Be yourself" except without the hesitation- just do it. As long as no one else's personal/emotional space is encroached upon, you're fine.

And if you don't like your avatar, you can just change it. No regrets. Heck, I think this fandom is kinda therapeutic in that regard- putting you so far out in left field that you just have to let go and drop the shame.

12. Cerberus326

Cerberus326 Member

No worries it's just like in mmorpg games or rps. There are a few who just go with the opposite gender for there person. Have a blast with it but when you make fake boobs N do more then ya I can't help you there

13. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

Your sona is your creation, so make it however you want. It's art, and if art wasn't weird in some way or another then what point would there be in admiring it? You'd be admiring reality... and I think that's NOT point of an anthro. Point is, if you want female sona, make a female sona. Your in the right place not to be judged for such (relatively) small things, and this is coming from someone who didn't even realize he was furry. Just let the art happen

14. Cloudyhue

Cloudyhue Certified Fuzzbutt

I never knew that. The more you know, I guess. But to answer the original question, no, it's not weird at all. My first fursona was genderless.