Horrible experience with bigger fa users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sharprealmcomics, Nov 7, 2017.

1. sharprealmcomics

sharprealmcomics https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/

So i love FA to death and all the anthro artist ^_^ some dont talk much some dont have time....but some other anthro artist seem like they are just plain their for the money. Or just are their to not really be apart of the community but to soak up all the views. Ive talked with quite a few of them, and tried to chat with them on streams

I was on a stream the other day and 2 talented rather large anthro artist wher on their that i was a huge fan of! I was so exited to talk to them and i told them how much i liked their art and asked for some advice wanted to ask is they would check out my art .......thats it....

The stream went like this --> "HI ima huge fan of your work""um i just wanted to show you my art ^^ you have the same name as my anthro rat so i though you might like him ! --> "also im visually impaired so i might not have the best spelling ^_^" :Artist-"lol" (he put lol after i said i was impaired) :Artist: yea i saw it...your art is trash dude" ....me-> ...ok well i....:artist -Fuck off rooster *BANNED* and wile i was banned the other artist was laughing at me! that was the last time i ever went to a steam. I felt horrible that a artist that i loved ...hated me my fursona and my art.... kinda made me sad but i know not every one is like that...but it seems like 90% of them are.

You guys have any horrible exp with bigger artists? like this?

I forgot to ad the part wher they they loled at my impaired -slighty visulity inpared as my icon fursona kinda shows aka Sizer. ( I added that later as i hope he just diddet believe me.. he coudent have been that mean could he?.....any ways i was very heart broken and i diddet even block him as i DO think hes VERY talented but after that...i never looked at a stream or hes fa page the same way agen. I know this iset the case with all big fa users but still....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

Wow

What an asshole.
    He could have given constructive criticism on how to get better
    But no he had to be a dick to you.

Such a piece of shit that guy was
    including the other artist.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. sharprealmcomics

yea thats why i dont go to streams it made me kinda heart broken for a day or 2

4. sharprealmcomics

yea
    ever seanc then ive stear clear of more well known artist on FA EXP the ones that dont reply to any of their fans..guess thats why i go out of my way for my watchers

5. silveredgreen

silveredgreen Determined Dragon

I mean i was gonna say that people who are a bit stuck up are inevitable in communities with popular users and that you just gotta deal with it but that's a whole new level of bullshit. That's horrible and they should have just ignored you if that's what they truly believed.

6. sharprealmcomics

yea they went out of their way to hurt my feelings.. i mean i know roosters aret well known but F*ck off rooster??? WTF? and im vishuly inpared so yea maybye i cant type the best but they could have asked me a bit nicer!

7. silveredgreen

silveredgreen Determined Dragon

Their entire reaction was uncalled for. As someone who's only popular because of their fans one would think they'd be more grateful towards them. Those people are the reason they're anyone in this community. Not their talent. Talent don't mean shit if nobody knows your name, otherwise every higher quality artist would be famous. These people should think about that next time they insult a fan who simply wants constructive criticism from their inspirations.

Oh btw thanks for the profile comment!

8. sharprealmcomics

Any time i love comments ^^...yea what hurt the most is the fact that i had known them for years and couth them on a stream...though id be cool...turns out it waset i though my art was pretty good. i wont let them get to me

jarthla likes this.
  9. sharprealmcomics

You said it thats why peaple are kinda hostile to be on FA... and with the Hack that happned few years back the bunh of freadly artist left .i bet that diddet help

10. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

@sharprealmcomics
    You know what
    That sounds like a great origin story on how you became an evil rooster
    I said that because of what it said in your profile.

But back on topic don't worry about them.
    They are obviously too blinded by their egos
    I bet they are losing watchers because of that
    if not then I don't know anymore.

But anyways you are a better person than them and I know you know that.
    You're going to rise to the top and show them you can be the best. You are going to make great art that everyone
    is going to like... Keep doing the things you love. Don't let some asshole on the internet tell you otherwise.
    Once you get to the top
    Just don't be like them.

11. sharprealmcomics

Sizer is evil as he was given to mutch power to young
    ^_^ thnak you so mutch it means a lot. also lol Sizer evil as he was given to mutch power to young ( he was just a rooster that got hit by a meator and took over the planet he was on :p ruled it as a mean god...ending up destroying it as he played with hes toys to had :p lol funny thing Sizer wwas created by me at first for the soul purpuse for macro fetish stuff lol hes really grown into a wonderful character...and yet i havet yet made a devenative icon for him YET... im working on one now :p

^_^

12. BennyJackdaw

BennyJackdaw Active Member

I'll admit, you were a tad direct with your approach, but that in no way justifies the person's response. If I were him, I may have felt a bit uncomfortable and confused, but I wouldn't be like "Your art sucks! **** off!" or anything like that.

sharprealmcomics likes this.
  13. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Both with bigger and smaller ones. Depends on people in general, popular or not. I know several popular, big artists who I actually became friends with, exchanged snail-mails with goodies, and just plan to meet personally; likewise, I know some artists who have a disproportionately big ego for their lack of achievements. Douchbaggery doesn't come with popularity, it's just that popularity is a good test for possible douchbaggery.

14. Steelite

Steelite Way too much salt and edge

That's just... wow.
    Kind of reminds me of some ungrateful sucker I met years ago. Let's call him X.
    His brother (let's call Y) requested me for a surprise birthday gift, so I made one, and asked him (Y) to repost it on his page, which he did.
    X's comment for my effort ?
    Probably the best one I've ever seen in centuries.
    Literally just that one word. For a surprise gift for his birthday.
    I swear to hell, I fucking lost all hope in doing people's requests after that.

15. Simo

Simo Skunk

Geez, that's a lousy thing to have happen, but people can really be jerks, and it seems that sometimes, the more 'popular' artists can let things go to their head, and get these attitudes. It's sad to see, but better to move on, and ignore them.

Oh, and it's curious, I also have some visual issues; I have to enlarge things to type, and re-read my posts, and don't drive...and it really sucks to have people use stuff like that that makes life hard enough, as an insult: I mean, that's about as low as a person can get.

Well, I've loved what I've seen, believe in yourself, and go on with making art and working to find meaning and happiness in it, and screw this mean furs who think they are oh-so--important!

Amiir, jarthla, Jarren and 2 others like this.
  16. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

You're not the only one popufurs abuse. I had one tell me to stop making adopts because they were shitty sparkle spawns, just like me.

So I made more sparkle spawns and told him to shove it.

(He made a journal telling his fans to tell me I suck and I got him reported for it. Serves him!)

Ayespacecake, Amiir, lupi900 and 5 others like this.
  17. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

Money ruins everything.

The artist wasn't asshole, he was just honest. Most people think the way he does, but don't have guts to tell or care too much about their own facade.

Vitaly and sharprealmcomics like this.
  18. BennyJackdaw

BennyJackdaw Active Member

That reminds me of Secret Santa at RP Repository one year. I was tasked to draw a Siren with her pet bird, and I feared I would have to draw a human/demihuman like that. And yet, I put my all into it. I drew the character to the absolute mest of my abilities and STILL wasn't happy with it, so I added a background to it as well. I also followed every single one of the person's requests: the outfit, the bird, everything. I put more work into a character I had no connection with than I do with my own characters that I hold near and dear. ...But when it came time to show the picture to her, what did she say?

...Nothing. ...Not until I badgered her a bit did she finally respond, but I still felt bad that it took so long for a response, it felt like I did it for nothing. So with that in mind, I can understand how you feel.

jarthla, Simo and sharprealmcomics like this.
  19. Dalirous

Dalirous New Member

Even then, if he was being honest you can say things a nicer way
    Fuck off sounds rude
    He could have written “i’m Sorry, but I am not interested to hear more”
    I have it like he might thought “fuck another generic fan who just wanna pester and ask for request” which is typically when people is “see my OC”

Amiir, Simo and sharprealmcomics like this.
  20. LoneWolfy

LoneWolfy is Emotional

it's much easier to grow a thicker skin than to change the world.

jarthla and sharprealmcomics like this.
  21. sharprealmcomics

Cluck

22. Simo

Simo Skunk

Or pelt, in the case of many furries!

Amiir and sharprealmcomics like this.
  23. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

24. Filter

Filter Active Member

Some artists are nice, but other artists are abrasive jerks. It's surprisingly difficult, if not impossible, to tell which is which just by looking at their art. I've had some big names give me the cold shoulder, while others have introduced themselves first and asked for trades. You never know.

That being said, I think you're onto something. Back in the day, a higher percentage of furry artists were also fans. We were fans of each other! Or at least that's how it seemed to me. I was happy to interact with "better" artists and "worse" artists as peers. We were in this fandom because we liked the genre. There was more to it than popularity or paying the bills. There didn't seem to be as many opportunists. While I'm saddened by what happened to you, I'm not surprised.

25. sharprealmcomics

Ive been told time and time agean the fandome was very deeffrent back then - and some of it is for the best some of it is for the worste it stinks that theirs a few bad eggs like one ones i meet. least theirs always wonderful ones like you ^_^

Open_Mind likes this.