Horrible experience with bigger fa users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sharprealmcomics, Nov 7, 2017.

1. sharprealmcomics

sharprealmcomics https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/

Yea it stinks i mean it IS the internet and this type of stuf happnes all the time...but not on streams/FA ALL the time its a bit more rare on FA/furry streams but ill still keep my beak up as i know thats not the magority

Open_Mind likes this.
  2. sharprealmcomics

lol or fethers? like me? fethery? ;p

3. sharprealmcomics

This made me wiser ill tell you that Sizer Just got Wiser.

4. sharprealmcomics

exacly i dont see that type of talk on streams for the most part and i just thiuth it was crazy that it came from someboty so well known... but i guess im wiser now

5. sharprealmcomics

yea that stinks as i think artist that put TONS of effecrt into their work (im making one right now im im a tad worried noboty well like it)- i think some artist on FA should have some type of butten on the front page like DA art does or somthing like that.

6. sharprealmcomics

yea o work in retail thats the truth more money = more BS some say thats wher the start of the negative aspecks come from the modern furry fandome after the big bucks started rolling in round the early 2000s peaple who trully had no intest in the fandome stared doing it for the bucks not the LOVE for the art....

in some ways i can see that as true.

7. sharprealmcomics

thats stinks MLP fans got a lot of flack around 2012 when they got big witch sucks as their ponys! anthro ponys! and yet the fandome stared a civel war over them saying - their invading the art stye!.... witch really made the fandome look like jerks!...witch most are not!...some are tho...

Rant likes this.
  8. sharprealmcomics

yea i felt sad for a wile as i waset expecing that to happen... but ill keep me chine up and draw my art for the love of it^^

9. sharprealmcomics

wow THATS acouly a big probom in the FA cummunity seems usless to even bother with reqist as their never happy with anything you show them! i though about making a art pic for a ....or so i though a good freind but i KNEW that he would like look at it hed leave a TINY comment like----looks good dude...and i would try so hard to be hes freind...so i just threw it in the trash and stated somthing that meant more to me. ^^ ( Sizer icon pic im working on and its turning out GREAT

10. sharprealmcomics

yea i had the misfurtune to meet one of the bad ones... along side in RL ive never meet a furry that liked me lol Furry in RL wher always mean bullies to me 0 GRanted that was my high school days so i havet meet a furry in RL in MANY years so it kinda erelavnt

11. AcidWolf22

AcidWolf22 Lemon enthusiast

Ah jeez. I'm so sorry. I can't really say much on this topic, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Ravofox, Simo and sharprealmcomics like this.
  12. sharprealmcomics

thanks for your comment anways means a lot ^^ i hope you nevere have the deal with somthing like this on a stream

13. Steelite

Steelite Way too much salt and edge

I never even say a word to those I follow on FA, dA and/or weasyl.
    There was this one time I sent a note to this famous artist in my watch list, asking 'em about tips to getting started with commissions.
    I never got a reply... but, eh, I couldn't care less, either. I'll just improvise and learn my way through, first-hand.

sharprealmcomics likes this.
  14. I'm generally like that too, I don't really follow and favorite art because of it. There's only been one exception, which I felt warranted it (a shout to support someone).

15. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

I follow jay Naylor, I would love to meet that guy at a convention or something, but considering he makes like over 20k per month just from patreon, I doubt he does the conventions anymore

16. Redlinelies

Redlinelies iRawr

I'm not going to say that what has been said in the OP is an okay way to act and treat other people like most seems to agree on in this thread, but I'd want to lift forward one thing that's usually not the best of ideas.

One thing I've come to understand and see over the years no matter which community you're from it's most(not all) of the time better to play it cool and wait for a good moment than to go "Hi, like your stuff, here's mine can you look?", especially when someone is occupied.
    I believe I've been on both ends of the barrel over the years when I've had people looking up to me for both the right and the wrong reasons, desperately trying to show me or others around me something, but also how I've come to realize there's sometimes more to it than just throwing your interests at someone you might look up to or looked up to.

I do not stream art, but I have streamed both music, games and podcasts for a larger amount of users in the past. If you as a person can be kind and sometimes find time to acknowledge and look into the things a random user wants you to(as you're engaging with the activity you're doing or trying to do) then more power to you because it's really tricky sometimes. Here's where some peoples opinions might differ in the thread a bit, but I know it can appear a bit rude to a person trying to stream art or whatever else they might be up to, and someone throws up links and asks them to check out their stuff instead(without even anyone asking for it). I know that you said they were more a popular one in this case, and probably do not have a hard time getting people to show up to their stream, but they might still have a sense of responsibility to do what others came to watch. I know if I advertised to people I'd be doing a live game stream, I would avoid trying to sit and look on YouTube videos of someone elses gameplay videos as the stream watchers would've come for something else. I want to stress that from what I've read I do not support what you got to experience from these people, but rather where maybe you could've done differently.

[​IMG]

You probably just wanted to show some art to that person, but honestly a random note of faith "maybe" would've gotten you a different result, even if it would've just been met by silence. The thing is that I've been close to forced to ignore people to be able to focus on what I came to do, and essentially what other people came to see or hear. Some might see this as an act of being a meanybutt, but I honestly think that being able to find the right opportunity to put yourself in the spotlight on a new venue is important, even if it's just acknowledgement from someone you want to talk to or look up to. Usually staying on topic in a stream chat is the best idea. Not everyone is at that point where they want to try to embrace and be nice whenever they can, and never will be. A stream "can" be a private place too, and the last thing they want is someone they do not know well to put their attention elsewhere. I understand you just wanted to show some art, and it's probably a quick done and over with sort of thing to check, from my point of view it was a shot in the dark at that point of view. People can be blunt and honest of what they think but there's many ways you can be that and still try to be respectful, and I believe it comes down a lot on personal character.

People need to be able to engage with "fans" sure thing, but it's not always they can or want to depending on how they're met. Who knows, maybe there's a bit more to this too from another other point of view too. I wasn't there so I only have your post and own experiences to go on but as hurt you might've gotten from the experience I'm sure you get some of it! There's a lot of artists and streamers out there, and hopefully some that you can connect with better.

17. Astusthefox

Astusthefox The King of Games

Wow... there are a lot of well thought out and intricate replies :eek:

So I'm going to be devils advocate and basically say the artists have no obligation to be nice to you in any way :p I've talked to artists who outside of their commissions are complete dicks and as it turns out that affects their overall commissions as well as their fan base. My advice is quite simple and pretty much is basically what others have said... move on its not worth getting caught up in something because someone was a dick. Anyone that's popular is typically going to become a dick given enough time, it's basic human nature and when it comes to the furry Fandom and the type of people that inhabit it... I mean... I'm sure you get it

18. Kebechet

Kebechet Member

I actually only recently came back to the furry community after problems I had with people in it.
    I lost my home at one point because a client who I thought was also a friend, refused to pay me for my work...This was after I'd already been put in a bad situation by a roommate who stopped paying rent... and this friend was aware that was why I was doing their commission in the first place. It was... a really bad situation. After a string of more bad situations, I finally found a home with another friend in the furry community who took me in to help get me back on my feet.

The furry community is full of different types of people. Some of those people are better than others. A lot of us professional artists, there's reasons we're artists. It isn't just because of any skill we may or may not have. For furry artists especially, I imagine that a large amount of us are in the boat we're in, because we don't fit into "normal" society in some way. I know a lot of artists here who are on the Autistic spectrum, or similar, and this can cause difficulty with knowing how to properly communicate with others....or caring about knowing how to communicate with others. These people discover they have a skill that doesn't require them to have to actually deal with people, and they stick with it.

In my case, I'm an artist in part because I love to create, and in part because I have physical and mental quirks that make it very difficult, if not detrimental to work a "normal" job. I don't know who that artist was you had issues with, or what their story was... either way their treatment of you is unacceptable... but you'll find a lot of jerks in the community. It's sad, but it's in part because people don't call people out on their crap anymore in a lot of cases, and then those people who did the crap aren't held accountable for their actions, so there's no consequences for bad behavior.

There's good people out there too, and I know a few of them... but it isn't just FA. It's a problem with the community as a whole, and the unwillingness for others to call people on their crap, especially when dealing with someone popular. People would rather appeal to authority than risk their own reputation getting smeared by someone with more followers/whatever than them... though that's an issue with human psychology in a lot of cases, and not just the furry community.

19. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Yeah there are some really shitty people in the fandom, that is why it's important to have low expectations. Makes it a lot more bearable and easier to make friends that way.

And people that are only in it to make money isn't a bad thing either. They provide a service so the customer can get what they want, and the artist gets to make a living.

20. dogryme6

dogryme6 Destructive Faffer

Wannabe edgelord stepping up to the bat.
    I came into the fandom not trusting anyone. I still don't. I hate the ones on top who abuse their power and influence, and never respect anyone ever again. Those people don't deserve the thrones they got. And no one deserves to get mistreated in all these awful ways.
    That's not to say there aren't people who aren't popular who are still jackasses. I can be one, if people don't respect me. Used to be that and disgusting or displeasing me.
    But I've met more jackasses by dealing with and reporting rulebreakers, way more than getting shat on by popular artists (of which I think I've only ever had one or two incidents and that was because it was my fault for my behavior.)
    So uh, my best tip is don't go all gung ho into an artist you like just because you're a fan. Throwing your links and OC and everything about them upfront was too abrupt for them and too... Well, Leeroy Jenkins of you, for lack of a better term.
    Always test the waters first and try to assess the other person's mood and personality before you start asking them things. They're people, not just stars. Or not stars.

sharprealmcomics and Amiir like this.
  21. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Nah man, I disagree: honesty doesn't excuse douchebaggery and this comes from a guy who values honesty greatly. If the artist didn't feel like doing as requested he had the full right to, absolutely, he just could've been more polite about it, like damn

[​IMG]
    Well done sir, this covers both sides of the argument perfectly

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  22. Rimna

Rimna Far from the madding crowd

I did have a shitty experience when I got to "meet" one of my favorite artists on his stream, but it wasn't as bad as with you. I guess opulent possessions generated by drawing yiffs and internet glory are too much for some to handle.

sharprealmcomics and Amiir like this.
  23. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

It's not this fandom, either. The automotive world is rife within this issue. It's actually even sadder, because several of them pay others to build the car, and they bask in the elitism.

Crimcyan and sharprealmcomics like this.
  24. sharprealmcomics

Bless you on glade your geting back on your feet ^_^ if i was in the poshoin id help you out to ^^ but your very right we all have out deffrent quirks artist exp the furry ones are well known for them XD thnak you so mutch for your reply

25. sharprealmcomics

mt brothers going threw that right now... i know that all to well my old freind from high school got into a big fight with one because of their greed. (he broke both hes legs)...but he deserved it ^^ huray for vengeance! lol acouly their worse imp mechanics are some of the most greedy peaple ever not all but a lot at least in my area