Hosting HTML5 Projects for FA

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by redhusky, Sep 6, 2017.

1. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

I know that FA can let you upload single files that are flash but I like to program projects in HTML5 via Construct 2. Is there a way to host projects so that people can use them easily without having to DL and unpack them to their pc?

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Submit them to Github via the GithubPages option and then upload screenshots with links to the external content that way.

redhusky likes this.
  3. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

Superlate thanks!

4. Dosgamer

Dosgamer New Member

I need a website builder that can add WEBM (animations) and HTML5 Games... and is ok with 18+ works. Do you know one?
    I know there are sites for html5 games and webm, but i'd like to have my own, custom made, space too.

Something similar to tumblr with html5 browser game/filehosting and without the tumblr community:D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

here we are. I want to start taking commissions to turn authors stories into CYOA and Dating sim games. Here's my CYOA template here. Thanks again!
    theflyingnest.github.io: CYOA Template Engine

6. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

Also, to get multiple projects to be hosted do I have to make it within a subfolder and access them via username.github.io/projectname?

7. jayhusky

You just set them up as you did with that project, separate "repositories" for each project and then they work.

redhusky likes this.
  8. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

One thing that I noticed is that it only worked when I made the "repository" my username. This video is what I used to get it up and running. Note that the version of Github Desktop he is using is outdated from the one I am using:

What would be your recommended steps?

9. jayhusky

redhusky likes this.
  10. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

11. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

12. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

And yes, you can play this game all the way through and all the endings are set in. It's just basic and fugly. But aside from that's it's a complete game.

13. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

Seriously, thank you SO MUCH for telling me about this. This making sharing my work for much more feasible. Also, check out my 'NotPachinko" example game!~
    theflyingnest.github.io: PachTest