How did you create your fursona name

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Xaroin, Dec 18, 2016.

1. bhutrflai

bhutrflai Okami convinced me to drink the kool-aid. Cheers!

I just changed the spelling of butterfly. Simple as that.

Sarachaga and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  2. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Mine's the name of a french dude who was into weird religious stuff and became crazy and disappeared with his nurse

3. Iriastar

Iriastar Rawr.

It took some time. The name has my favorite letters, and describes who I am through the sounds and the meaning of the name.
    It's a combination of Iris + Star + A in middle for strength.
    Turns out Iristar is an actual RL name, I didn't know by then.

4. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Well my fursona is Khazius the fruit bat. Khazius was a name I used for quiet some time as an alter ego of sorts (Real name is Zach, backwards is hcaz, turned into Khaz) and im fond of bats, the little lovable flying furballs they are :)

And thus, Khazius the fruit bat was born ^^

5. Shane_McNair

Shane_McNair Guest

Shane McNair....

Because John McClane was already taken, I guess.

Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker.

FFseph7D likes this.
  6. Karatine

Karatine Mostly a lurker

My teacher in my Zoology class pronounced the word keratin like "keratine". I thought that sounded like a name. So eventually, when I made this account, I chose Karatine as my name.

7. scet

scet Active Member

adam apple, cause his goo tastes like green apple and you know ... an adams apple

please dont look at me

8. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

Not sure yet whether I'll use it as my fursona name, but the namesake for my account is Ravalox, which is the future name of Earth in an old Doctor Who episode (I'm such a nerd)

FFseph7D and Sarachaga like this.
  9. FurryBlueNaki

FurryBlueNaki New Member

After Nanaki from Final Fantasy VII.'

I only use this avatar because of the love that it shows between human and anthro.

modfox likes this.
  10. Christian Reese

Christian Reese A friendly Husky.

My religions name makes a good first name.

My last name is from a small "family". Just some friends all hanging out together.

11. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

my fursona used to be called vex. I thought that it was a little rushed because I made that name up in a matter of seconds. now my fursonas full name is

Denður mjúkur-feldur
    pronounced.. Denther myowker-felder
    language... Icelandic

Denður has no meaning i just made it up as unique name but mjúkur-feldur translates to Soft-Coat and as far as io am conserned the use of accent marks and diacritics makes a name a whole lot more unique

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. GraceTheCatalope

GraceTheCatalope Grace The Catalope

I went with Grace because my character is NOT graceful in her anthro form....^^; She/I'm a totally clutzy person ^^

13. Lashzara

Lashzara Fizzy pringle

I used to play WoW (cringe) and it's that one place azhsara or whatever it was with a couple swapped letters and an L in front because ynot. I've never really thought to make a batter name for myself, I guess it just kinda grew on me.

14. LazerMaster5

LazerMaster5 Lost in the Static

My middle name is Silas and I quite like Slayer. Thus Silas McSlayer. A tad silly I know, but still better than a lot of fursona names out there.

15. FlannelFox

FlannelFox Cool Bonanzas

Flannel is cozy and alliterations are neat.

16. Alex K

Alex K Guest

When I was a lil baby my momma named me Alex Kathanial Junior Hamilton Gonzalez Muzes The Third

So I just go by Alex K like most regular folks

17. Guardian Fang

Guardian Fang New Member

A little more than a decade ago i, being the obsessive Godzilla fanboy that I am discovered giant monster greatness in the form of a forum based role playing game called Kaiju Wars. We were encouraged to bring our own creations to life on its pages and my first entry was Fang, a lightning fast saurian warrior-God from a long vanished ancient civilization. Inspired by a mix of the lizard man from soul caliber, and Talon from primal rage. As time went on I got in with the staff and now I actually am the sole owner of the fandom. (Pm me if you are interested. I'd love to kick it back up) but I digress. About '07 a friend of mine did a masterful art piece of Fang heavily influenced by wargreymon and the look has been much unchanged since, though in the last year or so I've completely redesigned the Kaiju from the ground up, removing a lot of the copyrighted influences. About the same time I was given this artwork, I acquired my first fur suit. It was a black dragon winged wolf. The name Fang just seemed to fit, so I went with it.

Though the suit is now more than a decade old and it's seen better days, and I need a new one. I acquired it out of convenience, as a friend had handed it down to me, so it didnt ever really feel like my own persona. If always felt more of a scaly than a furry. So, now as my thoughts dwell on aquiring a new suit, I have to say I'm tempted to bring the golden armored red dragon warrior to life. That's who I always was beneath the black fur anyway. I just wish I could afford to have Fang custom made. Maybe shoot a little monster movie with the cardboard striker eureka Halloween costume I made on a budget a few years back while I'm at it. Meh. I'm in the air about it. I'd miss my dragonwolf too. I like having wings. It will take some thought. But yeah, that's the history of Fang.

18. Nekomura

Nekomura Blue Flame Bakeneko

Neko (cat) + Rin Okumura (one of my favorite anime characters) = Nekomura.

Fun fact: Nekomura is also the surname of a Vocaloid based on Hello Kitty.

19. Gossip

Gossip New Member

Many years ago I knew a pony named Gossip. He was incredibly cheeky and a huge personality. I have loved the name ever since and was just waiting for the right character to use it for.

Sarachaga likes this.
  20. xaliceonfire

xaliceonfire Kiralee

Pretty much took a name that I really liked, and added 'lee' onto it to make it more feminine.

21. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Enigmatic Anomaly

Mine is an inside joke for a couple of old roommates, Angel and Erin, about Harry Potter.

22. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Franco was one of my favorite names since middle school. The other favorite was Angel... But I thought it just didn't match with my 'sona's appearance. While Franco sounded like a big and confident person, so it encouraged me to use that one. It took me a few weeks to go for it.

xaliceonfire likes this.
  23. Draig Calon

Draig Calon Alpha Wolf/Dragon

I liked the welsh name for dragon (Draig) and started playing around with welsh words till I decided on this one. It means Dragon Heart if you are interested.

24. rknight

rknight Member

my fursona is named after the place where i first got into being a furry ( Raleigh NC )

xaliceonfire likes this.
  25. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

I was totally creative with his name. I named him Jake Wolfe. Wolfe because he's a wolf and Jake because I like adventure time...