How did you create your fursona name

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Xaroin, Dec 18, 2016.

1. BirdSchool

BirdSchool New Member

Kaiden is just an old D&D character of mine, and while he's changed a few times the name has stuck.

Rune the Raven is my newer and main sona. It took me a while to come up with the name so it has an appropriately long story to match it. He came about after I finished reading Terry Pratchet's Soul Music (no plot spoilers ahead but I do spoil two of the better jokes) in which Rat Death has a raven who serves as his mount and interpreter. He was originally a wizard's familiar (the wizard named him Quoth and the raven hated the name because its a terrible pun. I am inclined to agree with this, so that is why I've not named my raven quoth) and part of his story was that he was now quite magical after being exposed to magic from the university. So I decided to name him after one of the other side characters from the university (technically two since I also drew inspiration from The Dean's "Born to Rune" jacket) the Lecturer in Recent Runes. So there you have my super tangential name origin.

2. Tetrachroma

Tetrachroma Cheers to the deers

3. Julen

Julen Blyat grab the kalash

How did i create my sona's name? Easy! My name is a kinda weird uncommon name, so i used that one.

I'm fucking lazy

Draig Calon likes this.
  4. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

My fursona name actually originated from my LARP roleplay name and I found using it as my fursona name would help me get more used to being called it during LARPs.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  5. Guin-Likes-Pens

Guin-Likes-Pens The Cucumber Overlord

My name is actually Jennifer and my parents would always call me Guinivere.. So I shortened that to Guin and it's been like that since.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  6. bhutrflai

bhutrflai Okami convinced me to drink the kool-aid. Cheers!

I just changed the spelling of butterfly. Simple as that.

Sarachaga and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  7. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Mine's the name of a french dude who was into weird religious stuff and became crazy and disappeared with his nurse

8. Iriastar

Iriastar Rawr.

It took some time. The name has my favorite letters, and describes who I am through the sounds and the meaning of the name.
    It's a combination of Iris + Star + A in middle for strength.
    Turns out Iristar is an actual RL name, I didn't know by then.

9. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Well my fursona is Khazius the fruit bat. Khazius was a name I used for quiet some time as an alter ego of sorts (Real name is Zach, backwards is hcaz, turned into Khaz) and im fond of bats, the little lovable flying furballs they are :)

And thus, Khazius the fruit bat was born ^^

10. Shane_McNair

Shane_McNair Guest

Shane McNair....

Because John McClane was already taken, I guess.

Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker.

FFseph7D likes this.
  11. Karatine

Karatine I can climb trees

My teacher in my Zoology class pronounced the word keratin like "keratine". I thought that sounded like a name. So eventually, when I made this account, I chose Karatine as my name.

12. scet

scet Active Member

adam apple, cause his goo tastes like green apple and you know ... an adams apple

please dont look at me

13. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

Not sure yet whether I'll use it as my fursona name, but the namesake for my account is Ravalox, which is the future name of Earth in an old Doctor Who episode (I'm such a nerd)

FFseph7D and Sarachaga like this.
  14. FurryBlueNaki

FurryBlueNaki New Member

After Nanaki from Final Fantasy VII.'

I only use this avatar because of the love that it shows between human and anthro.

modfox likes this.
  15. Christian Reese

Christian Reese A friendly Husky.

My religions name makes a good first name.

My last name is from a small "family". Just some friends all hanging out together.

16. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

my fursona used to be called vex. I thought that it was a little rushed because I made that name up in a matter of seconds. now my fursonas full name is

Denður mjúkur-feldur
    pronounced.. Denther myowker-felder
    language... Icelandic

Denður has no meaning i just made it up as unique name but mjúkur-feldur translates to Soft-Coat and as far as io am conserned the use of accent marks and diacritics makes a name a whole lot more unique

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  17. GraceTheCatalope

GraceTheCatalope Grace The Catalope

I went with Grace because my character is NOT graceful in her anthro form....^^; She/I'm a totally clutzy person ^^

18. Lashzara

Lashzara Fizzy pringle

I used to play WoW (cringe) and it's that one place azhsara or whatever it was with a couple swapped letters and an L in front because ynot. I've never really thought to make a batter name for myself, I guess it just kinda grew on me.

19. LazerMaster5

LazerMaster5 Lost in the Static

My middle name is Silas and I quite like Slayer. Thus Silas McSlayer. A tad silly I know, but still better than a lot of fursona names out there.

20. FlannelFox

FlannelFox Cool Bonanzas

Flannel is cozy and alliterations are neat.