How did you create your fursona name

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Xaroin, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Alex K

Alex K Guest

When I was a lil baby my momma named me Alex Kathanial Junior Hamilton Gonzalez Muzes The Third

So I just go by Alex K like most regular folks

2. Guardian Fang

Guardian Fang New Member

A little more than a decade ago i, being the obsessive Godzilla fanboy that I am discovered giant monster greatness in the form of a forum based role playing game called Kaiju Wars. We were encouraged to bring our own creations to life on its pages and my first entry was Fang, a lightning fast saurian warrior-God from a long vanished ancient civilization. Inspired by a mix of the lizard man from soul caliber, and Talon from primal rage. As time went on I got in with the staff and now I actually am the sole owner of the fandom. (Pm me if you are interested. I'd love to kick it back up) but I digress. About '07 a friend of mine did a masterful art piece of Fang heavily influenced by wargreymon and the look has been much unchanged since, though in the last year or so I've completely redesigned the Kaiju from the ground up, removing a lot of the copyrighted influences. About the same time I was given this artwork, I acquired my first fur suit. It was a black dragon winged wolf. The name Fang just seemed to fit, so I went with it.

Though the suit is now more than a decade old and it's seen better days, and I need a new one. I acquired it out of convenience, as a friend had handed it down to me, so it didnt ever really feel like my own persona. If always felt more of a scaly than a furry. So, now as my thoughts dwell on aquiring a new suit, I have to say I'm tempted to bring the golden armored red dragon warrior to life. That's who I always was beneath the black fur anyway. I just wish I could afford to have Fang custom made. Maybe shoot a little monster movie with the cardboard striker eureka Halloween costume I made on a budget a few years back while I'm at it. Meh. I'm in the air about it. I'd miss my dragonwolf too. I like having wings. It will take some thought. But yeah, that's the history of Fang.

3. Nekomura

Nekomura Blue Flame Bakeneko

Neko (cat) + Rin Okumura (one of my favorite anime characters) = Nekomura.

Fun fact: Nekomura is also the surname of a Vocaloid based on Hello Kitty.

4. Gossip

Gossip New Member

Many years ago I knew a pony named Gossip. He was incredibly cheeky and a huge personality. I have loved the name ever since and was just waiting for the right character to use it for.

Sarachaga likes this.
  5. xaliceonfire

xaliceonfire Kiralee

Pretty much took a name that I really liked, and added 'lee' onto it to make it more feminine.

6. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Tiny Miniskirt Enthusiast

Mine is an inside joke for a couple of old roommates, Angel and Erin, about Harry Potter.

7. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Franco was one of my favorite names since middle school. The other favorite was Angel... But I thought it just didn't match with my 'sona's appearance. While Franco sounded like a big and confident person, so it encouraged me to use that one. It took me a few weeks to go for it.

xaliceonfire likes this.
  8. Draig Calon

Draig Calon Alpha Wolf/Dragon

I liked the welsh name for dragon (Draig) and started playing around with welsh words till I decided on this one. It means Dragon Heart if you are interested.

9. rknight

rknight Member

my fursona is named after the place where i first got into being a furry ( Raleigh NC )

xaliceonfire likes this.
  10. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

I was totally creative with his name. I named him Jake Wolfe. Wolfe because he's a wolf and Jake because I like adventure time...

11. Ralph Randall

Ralph Randall New Member

Ralph because that was my grandfather's name and Randall because it seemed to fit.

12. MystieRius

MystieRius Anxiety Cat

My fursona's name is a pun. I used it because I was (still kind of am) not really well known online. Mystie Rius = Mysterious.

xaliceonfire likes this.
  13. Reonnor

Reonnor New Member

I´m lazy and lack of imagination, so I went to fantasy name generator page and let it generate some "evil" fantasy names - and Reonnor was born :)

14. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

I just like the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox, plus the title of Mr makes me appear distinguished. My other fursona name is in reference to my musical ability and the character of the species itself.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    xaliceonfire likes this.
  15. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Well you see I like to say I'm straight
    But I'm actually not but I hide it by saying I am
    But in reality I actually am but I give the irony of being named as I am

So I took the queerist foreign name I could find and tacked nohomo onto it, but my finger slipped and instead of nohomo I put sohomo

And that's how I got my name

16. Desmond Red Fang

Desmond Red Fang Just a lonely wolf with BLUE FIRE FOR HAIR!!

Well I just took the name Valtiel from Silent Hill Lore and combined it with my real life nick name "Red Fang"

xaliceonfire likes this.
  17. racoondevil

racoondevil Minogue be my furname, hello!

My fursona is actually named Minogue. I just typed Racoondevil fur my user name because. Yes that's it, just because. Annyhoo, I came to Minogue just because I liked the singer Kylie Minogue and liked her even before I knew who she was. (she played Cammy in the live version of Street Fighter waaaaay back in the day, and me not realizing she was the singer behind The Locomotion, among other things). And since then, always I liked her last name. So I endear my raccoon to her. =)

18. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:cool:

StarBeak = Told me his name in a dream as "Star" then woke up and wrote down a description of what he looked like and added "Beak" to the name and thus "StarBeak" was born (=

:cool:

xaliceonfire likes this.
  19. Delta_Waffle

Delta_Waffle I like cheesecake

I wanted Delta to have a cool name so I googled the letters of the phoenetic alphabet. Delta was the phoenetic letter of D as well in the Greek alphabet. Delta sounded good for a wolf and I hadn't seen any other fursona named Delta at least not one that was a wolf. His last name Lockheart just kinda fits with his name.

20. Wacofox

Wacofox New Member

Waco... Hmm...

I thought, that kind of describes me as a person best (I mean look at that hair!) That, and just having one "C" in my name also makes sense. So I put two and four together and came up with this name.