How did you create your fursona name

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Xaroin, Dec 18, 2016.

1. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

Well... hey! My name in elvish is Meliamne! (-lies- I definetly did not get my name from my d&d handbook!)

2. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

His name is Ren and my name is Brent and I'm not very creative.

Fishsticks03 likes this.
  3. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

Most feminine and posh sounding name I could conjure up.

4. valethehowl

valethehowl New Member

Pretty simple but funny nonetheless. Back in the day when I didn't even know about furries, I tried to join an MMO. Choosing my nickname, I wanted to use the nick "ValetheOwl" since I liked owls at the time and my name is Vale. But I wasn't really good at english so I named myself ValetheHowl instead. Long story short, when I discovered furries I liked canines more than owls, so I kept the nickname (it's a pretty unique and cool nickname too).

5. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Ok... So, my fursona's name, Jamie Foxworthy is vestigial from the days where she was just a story character, and my 'sona was someone else. Anyway, I'm a lover of the tv show, Law & Order, and for some reason, she reminded me of the character, A.D.A. Jamie Ross (Played by Carey Lowell). That's how I chose her first name. As for her surname, I wanted it to reflect her species, and since I assumed that the surname "Fox" was grossly overused, I went for a compound name. Since I remembered that there was someone with the surname, "Foxworthy", that's what I went with. And, as for my profile name, I'm a photographer in real life, and my foxes are soft and furry, so I chose FluffyShutterbug. Whew! What a long story...

6. Irindales

Irindales Guest

I had this really long (albeit cringy) fnaf fanfiction that I was working on, but I need a name for the main character. I really liked chica so I made the animatronic a bird. She was a finch due to her coloring being inspired by the American Goldfinch, a bird that I loved looking at whenever it showed up at my grandmothers bird feeder.

To keep with the naming theme tha the canon fnaf characters had I took the word Finch and added a 'y, and Finchy was born. I actually wasn't a fan of the name at first, but it grew on me.

After years she turned out to be a yellow raptor and I kept the name. <3

7. Eltup

Eltup New Member

For my fursona's name, what I did was have a discussion with my mum on what I should call myself, since a while ago I told her of me being a furry and stuff (Which she doesn't mind of at all :D) and I was wanting a name similar to my IRL name, so she came up with the name "Duke", which I think suits me a lot. :3