How did you create your fursona name

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Xaroin, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Nyarlathia

Nyarlathia furry-lite

My name is derived from H.P. Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep, easily my favorite deity from his Cthulhu mythos. I often take names from literature. My undead shadow priest in WoW was named Malphisto after I read Faust for the first time. Anyways, I think Nyarlathia is a cute name. :3

2. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

My sona's name came from a fish i had when i was a kid. I was quite proud of the name. Zal Magallagus

3. Huluvoo

Huluvoo Galaxy Hitchhiker

When I first started getting more active in the fandom, I used Snowpelt (original, I know) for all my furry things for the first year and a bit of being a furry online, but then I got bored and was unsatisfied with my sona, who was just a plain white river otter with blue eyes at the time.

So, I decided that I needed to make her more me, so I kept her species as an otter and gave her one of my favourite colours to make her pop a bit more, which I've really liked. I decided to base her around one of my most favourite sci-fi shows, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is not only a British series from the 80s, but also a great series of books. There's an alien species in the series called Hooloovoos, which are super-intelligent shades of the colour blue, and obviously having 6 o's in a name is difficult, so my partner helped me decide how to spell it, exchanging four of the o's for two u's to spell it Huluvoo, and I've loved it ever since.

4. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

The name "Xeroyn" Was given, created by others whom watched over in the Military. Dont miss in a mile and you wont ever know where am. "Royn" Because its real similar to actual given names "short" version, so theres continuity there. Like continuity, especially obscure forms of.

5. I took alot into consideration and so I came up with "Light the tear drop wolf". In creating my name i thought of what it would look like and i came up with a furry wolf whoes fur has a glowing blue tribal design and a leather jacket with a glowing tear drop on the back. The light part was my birthday,the glowing jaket, and anime so yea

6. Cloudyhue

Cloudyhue Certified Fuzzbutt

I'm yet another fur in the "Japanese name that sounds cool" camp. My fursona's name is Tsugi, which is the first part of the word "tsugi no", meaning "next". Tsugi is my first OC with an actual backstory. She was also created at a time in my life where things were changing a lot. I first got the word from one of my favorite songs where the word tsugi no is repeated 16 times at the end of the song. Tsugi's name represents things to come and a fresh start for me. She would be effectively be the start of the next generation of my OCs, where all my characters would actually be "proper" and not porrly colored bases and 1-dimensional with no personality.

7. Kipekee Reddington

Kipekee Reddington All American Flying Foxdog

I was Google Translating a bunch of words that described me into thousands of foreign languages.

I stuck with Kipekee, which is Swahili for unique.

Reddington because she's half red fox therefore it sounded cool.

8. Luciheller

Luciheller New Member

I DONT KNOW ITS A FORTUITY

9. My name is Connor, I say 'radical' a lot

Connor + Radical = Conrad!

10. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony dubstep macarena

my fursona's name is kitten for multiple reasons, mostly bc he likes how it's more feminine...ish and bc he honestly? wants to be 100% a cat for some reason (tho it's also bc he's kinda into kittenplay but we won't talk abt that)

his real name is liam (bc that's a name kinda personal to me and i rly like it) but no-one knows it bc he demands everyone just... calls him kitten

11. DusterBluepaw

DusterBluepaw [creative custom title]

Well i chose the name Duster for two reasons, first is one of my favourate 80s ny subway graffiti writer, also because i know yanks call that canned air stuff duster and i live huffing that shit, Bluepaw i just made up cuz i didnt wanna be just like "duster wolfcoon" seems boring, plus i get to have one of my paws blue, so its different ya know

12. BooftheFox

BooftheFox Hand over the chili and no one gets hurt.

With Boof, it was an accident! I was going to name him Gahnus, but when I showed a picture of him to my friends, we kept saying things like, "Soft boof!" "Such a good boof!" "He boof!"
    So I just ended up going with it and calling him Boof. :D
    With Bordroi? I just came up with it at 11 pm in bed. Sorry Bordroi!

13. Mountaithedutchie

Mountaithedutchie New Member

My name came is mountain because i live near one and i really like MountainDew and you guest it just to follow Dew allso a dutch angel dragon

14. Fishsticks03

Fishsticks03 New Member

Looked at a list of popular fish names

15. Pyr is literally just the Ancient Greek word for 'fire' to go along with my username. Super creative. Much originality.

16. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

Well... hey! My name in elvish is Meliamne! (-lies- I definetly did not get my name from my d&d handbook!)

17. estiniens

estiniens stargazer

His name is Ren and my name is Brent and I'm not very creative.

Fishsticks03 likes this.
  18. KimberVaile

KimberVaile Edgy teenage apathy.

Most feminine and posh sounding name I could conjure up.

19. valethehowl

valethehowl New Member

Pretty simple but funny nonetheless. Back in the day when I didn't even know about furries, I tried to join an MMO. Choosing my nickname, I wanted to use the nick "ValetheOwl" since I liked owls at the time and my name is Vale. But I wasn't really good at english so I named myself ValetheHowl instead. Long story short, when I discovered furries I liked canines more than owls, so I kept the nickname (it's a pretty unique and cool nickname too).

20. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxay Femboy Photographer

Ok... So, my fursona's name, Jamie Foxworthy is vestigial from the days where she was just a story character, and my 'sona was someone else. Anyway, I'm a lover of the tv show, Law & Order, and for some reason, she reminded me of the character, A.D.A. Jamie Ross (Played by Carey Lowell). That's how I chose her first name. As for her surname, I wanted it to reflect her species, and since I assumed that the surname "Fox" was grossly overused, I went for a compound name. Since I remembered that there was someone with the surname, "Foxworthy", that's what I went with. And, as for my profile name, I'm a photographer in real life, and my foxes are soft and furry, so I chose FluffyShutterbug. Whew! What a long story...