How did you pick your fursona species?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Shay_NuperJo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Mayple

Mayple Bunbun

Hmmmm was kind of a tigress at first-- but after careful consideration I felt as if my personality was more... erm bunny like and not AS fierce as a tigress would be (for me) also my mate agreed he enjoys me more as a bun anyway ahha >A>;

2. Jeniver

Jeniver New Member

I had to choose between an owl and a cat in terms of personality.
    On the one hand, I am very catlike. Kind of a curious but avoidant thing that has an easy time staying alone and sleeping. I don't respond very well to being ordered around.
    But on the other hand, I have a lot in common with the "fairytale" personality of the owl. Grumpy, logical, and seems a bit difficult to be friends with.
    Eventually, I landed on owl because I liked the look of them more. I also decided to incorporate some Teslapunk aspects and be a very high-voltage owl.

3. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony Member

well... my fursona was originally a peacock spider but the design and dark colours never sat right w/ me
    so i ended up just w/ a stereotypical dog like literally everyone, bc i'm kinda a dog person (tho i still rly love cats)

he's kinda a dog/cat hybrid in a way? (cat part being his behaviour, ears and tail... rest is dog) and his colours are pastels bc, well... i love pastels haha (and they're more enjoyable to colour w/)

sfw pics: [x], [x]

4. Doodle Bunny

Doodle Bunny Frequently says stupid things.

I used to be a huge wolfaboo as a kid and that was kinda the animal I used for years. Now that I'm an adult, I realize, no, I'm definitely not a wolf. I picked a rabbit because I'm small and kinda timid IRL. It fits me best.

5. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Read up on coyotes because i thought they were cool. Then I saw their depictions in American Indian & aztec mythology Thought the depictions were close my personality. (Besides being the god of seduction of course) And i got where I am now.

6. Kipekee Reddington

Kipekee Reddington All American Flying Foxdog

I'm a winged Foxdog for several reasons :)

Firstly, I am a fox because I believe it's the animal that suits my personality best. Playful, goofy, witty, I love meat and the forest, etc. I am a red fox specifically because I find to be the most visually appealing.
    I'm also a domestic dog because even if the fox side of me is very wild and loud, I have a calmer, more empathic and friendly side to me too. I'm an Australian Shepherd specifically because I've grown up with them all my life, so I've kind of developed a bond with them ^^
    Lastly, the wings are supposed to symbolize me breaking free from my bad past. I've had lots of emotional issues within the past couple years and Im working with myself to get better. They're supposed to be angel wings- dead and brought back to life.

Besides, I always wanted to fly.

7. DusterBluepaw

DusterBluepaw [creative custom title]

I chose a wolf/raccoon hybrid, it represents me because im like half raccoon, like im a trickster and half wolf because of heir loyalty, strength and courage, which is based on native american folk law

8. Tytysi

Tytysi Legendary Shaman

I've played Transformice for 6 years. Nuff said.

9. TheLindworm

TheLindworm New Member

I looked into Norse mythological creatures, (I'm Swedish), ended up with the rather cool Lindworm species!~

10. tfrs

tfrs New Member

well my original frusona was one that hid my insecurity he was a overtly heterosexual fox that was everything I wasn't. But reanctly I changed ti ti reflect my own personality and to show off my wired quirks.

11. Fishsticks03

Fishsticks03 New Member

I like fish

12. Mountaithedutchie

Mountaithedutchie New Member

Ya nean FireFox

13. Mountaithedutchie

Watching telephone and many orther dutchies vids on youtube every day

14. Mountaithedutchie

Me too
    Me too

15. CratNine

CratNine New Member

I don't think I could've gone with anything but a cat. Grew up with eight cats (and still have five at home), my college campus hosts a bunch of strays, played a Khajiit in Skyrim (which is still my favorite game and I have a lot of fond memories with that character), had an unhealthy Warriors obsession through grade school (which inspired me to go into art), witnessed with horror the Lolcats boom of the early 2000s...cats just helped mold a huge chunk of my life. I have to give back a little appreciation.
    Plus, the personality and quirks fit decently well. I do love fish and being a lazy fuck. And domestic cats have a lot of variety in personality; they can be goofy, mysterious, clever, dumb, sociable, solitary. And I've always had trouble boxing off my personality into a few definable characteristics, so I like having that flexibility.
    Also born in the Year of the Tiger so I guess that works out, too. :b