How did you pick your fursona species?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Shay_NuperJo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. SophieGreyWolf

SophieGreyWolf A wild red panda appeared!

I've reconsidered my fursona over the past couple of weeks. I love a lot of animals, but there's no doubt I'm a red panda. I'm small, cuddly, lazy, and finicky. I wish I had a tail that doubled as a blanket!
    If I were to use a Pokémon fursona it would be Eevee because small, cuddly, and adaptable. I love a lot of Pokémon as well, but I identify most with cute things, and I've loved Eevee since I was 7.

2. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

I don't know... I was just kind of like "hey, otters look cool in a hoodie" And "hey, red pandas look cool in a hoodie"
    And then I used them in my fursonas

( ._.) cause why not?

3. MaikeruNezumi

MaikeruNezumi Irritable street rat

My sona started out as a Pokésona of a Rattata. At the time, I thought the Pokémon looked cute (still do) as well as rats in general.
    I grew out of the whole Pokésona thing not too long after and thought: "I'll just make him a plain ol' rat."

4. EckoTheRabbit

EckoTheRabbit New Member

I chose a rabbit... well... because bunnies are just fun little fluffles to pet. Plus I just like their natural abilities to leap and be super quick. I've always had an idea of what Ecko would look like, I have just yet to put it down on paper... err... on the digital screen.

5. funky3000

funky3000 Galactic Overlord

I made a conglomeration of features I thought would be interesting on a custom species when I was creating my first macro character, and decided to keep a mistake I made when drawing her eyes in the digital version, because it looked cool. After some time I refined her, then made a few other characters with the same traits, coming up with the species "cybercanine". One of them was Valthero, who I later adopted as my fursona.

6. Iriastar

Iriastar Rawr.

I feel identified with tigers. At first it was dragons, only feral though and I wasn't into furry yet, I just liked them (I had no idea was furry was, yet). I like fierce things, powerful. Then I discovered tigers. THEN, I discovered anthro. And I'm gay so it was natural to become a muscled anthro tiger.

7. Fanfic Fetishist

Fanfic Fetishist Scribe of Storms

Always liked the bad guys who had the symbol that make up the main part of my avatar. So, I decided to make myself a cobra. Beyond that, I can't imagine myself NOT being a big ol' serpent now (beyond the times I change into an Eevee).

8. FurryBlueNaki

FurryBlueNaki New Member

I'm a wolf/husky mix, because wolves are so pure, and huskies are domesticated and damn sexy.
    I swear an anthro could beat me down and I'd still appreciate them.

Zaddict16 likes this.
  9. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Idk, I stay up late naturally. Plus bats a cute little flying fluff balls. So why not?

10. FurryBlueNaki

FurryBlueNaki New Member

The one I love the most, wolf and husky.

Zaddict16 likes this.
  11. Slybel

Slybel New Member

Hmm, this is a rather interesting idea. For the most part my main 'sona Noize is a combination of my two favorite animals, Red-Fox and German Shepherd, but for the most part I just go with things that I think would be interesting to make as a 'sona. Right now I am trying to design a new main sona, but sadly I cannot get my ideas onto a page.

12. Nekomura

Nekomura Blue Flame Bakeneko

I had no idea what I wanted at first. Then I took several fursona quizzes on Quotev, and in three out of four of them I got a Cat (which makes purrfect sense because I am a dyed in the wool crazy cat person). I decided to mix my love of cats with my love of Japan and base mine off of the mythical Bakeneko. I did a quick Furvilla "paintie" and voila, Nekomura was born!

Slybel likes this.
  13. Snowbbi

Snowbbi 99% fluff

I like to eat and sleep. Plus I'm bad with people. Kinda obvious what animal I had to choose.

14. Huffy

Huffy Member

I made my own...The Huffin! (Main Huffin character seen on icon)

They have cat like similarities and have a 1000 subspecies (only because they can be part anything...)

15. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 Jumping feet first into hell... seems like my job

I was playing around with ways to screw with the design of my college's rival's mascot (in other words, make it look like the UW Husky had abandoned his post if anyone wore a suit of my altered design), and at the same time I was doing some "deep research" (when I use 3rd party software to conceal my web traffic for more controversial research topics) for my YouTube channel, kinda working off one of those random-idea-because-I'm-out-of-ideas shit post videos (no joke, this was my whiteboard at the time: [​IMG] ). Along the way, I made 'sona and I realized I enjoyed the art as a whole. I ended up going with the wolf I had been working on during the video research (which has since then met it's doom in unpublished video hell)

16. Huluvoo

Huluvoo Galaxy Hitchhiker

I had no clue what I wanted to be, but then I seen a fursuiter called Binturong and that's who really made me fall in love with fursuiting. Of course, when I first seen them, I thought they were a big blue otter, which is why I initially chose an otter, and then I found out they were actually a species called a binturong. I still loved my otter sona though, but then with MonsteRoo and Pocari Roo, I fell in love with kangaroos, but I wasn't really interested in a pure kangaroo sona, so I just made my otter a hybrid, turning her into an Otteroo (I also really wanted a pouch, and big roo feet lol).

Zaddict16 likes this.
  17. Zaddict16

Zaddict16 All fur one! And one fur all!

I chose my fursona to be a wolf because wolves are the best animals ever! No questions asked. Lol

18. Zaddict16

I mean, C'mon! There fur is SO soft! Also because there my girlfriends favorite animal too. Lol

19. Cloudyhue

Cloudyhue Certified Fuzzbutt

I'm a bat/shark/raptor hybrid. I wanted a mashup of animals that would be unique and look really cool. I like the idea of having a flying character, so that's where I got the bat from. Sharks are one of my favorite animals and a very underrated one in the fandom at that. I wanted some cool claws as well and I like the big talons raptor feet, so I chose to throw that into the mix too.

Zaddict16 likes this.
  20. Zaddict16

Nice! So we got a Batgirl, Sharknado, Jurassic park fursona going on here. XD. Lol

Cloudyhue likes this.