How did you pick your fursona species?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Shay_NuperJo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Cloudyhue

Cloudyhue Certified Fuzzbutt

I'm totally setting that as my signature lol

Zaddict16 likes this.
  2. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 Jumping feet first into hell... seems like my job

Sounds like something straight outta Overwatch...

Zaddict16 likes this.
  3. Cloudyhue

It kinda does.

Zaddict16 and Crimson_Steel17 like this.
  4. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

So, it's like this.

I used a particular username on a forum with some friends, a literary reference, and my future boyfriend and some other people got it and started joking that I was actually a polecat-ferret. This stuck. Eventually, though, when I became more involved in this sort of thing, I came to the conclusion that a pine marten was more appropriate.

My second choice, insofar as those are a thing, is the flying fox, because the comparisons are almost too on the nose, but it's a second choice because people don't understand how to draw wings on an anthropomorph.

5. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

I still haven't picked one. So many species are good. ;^;

6. -PonPon-

-PonPon- New Member

A wise person once told me "pick 3 personality traits and see what anime is stereotypically that"

7. Bluey Grifter

Bluey Grifter Member

I'm really new to it all, so for the past few weeks my persona feels like it is just starting to take shape in my head. It is really interesting and for me it feels like the start of a great adventure hopefully. Sadly I don't know anyone yet but I hope to so that I can go to conventions etc. I'm in talks with someone who may be making a costume for me. Anyway - yes I'm heading in the direction of a husky. I think they are fantastic. Tough choice though but yeah... that's where I'm at! I've started drawing in Adobe Illustrator/PhotoShop. Am fussy and want to get 'me' right!

8. Cloudyhue

Combine them and make your own fascinating abomination!

-PonPon- likes this.
  9. Paulosaurus

Paulosaurus Lord of Rawr

Personally, I followed the fandom for years as a lurker before becoming an active participant. When i did, I took a bit to sit down and think hard about species what I'd most closely identify with. When I was a kid I was REALLY into dinosaurs, to the point where I was reading paleontology books that I didn't even comprehend half the words of at the time. That in mind, I took my favorite dino from childhood, the allosaurus, and rolled with that as my fursona.

10. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

I went with a husky instead of a wolf so i could correct people

-Praydeth- likes this.
  11. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Hello. I choose a red panda because I take on some of the same traits as one. It was that or an owl but... I might make a red panda owl??? Owl because in a lot of my dreams I have brown owl wings...

12. Square-Wave_Kittycat

Square-Wave_Kittycat The Mewsician

Simple for me, I am literally obsessed with cats irl so I had to be a cat.

13. Mobius

Mobius Mech pilot.

inb4 "I didn't choose my species, my species chose me"

14. Square-Wave_Kittycat

YES!!

15. Mobius

Mobius Mech pilot.

I'm a dog.
    Why? You are what you eat.

16. Square-Wave_Kittycat

wut 0-0

17. Renven

Renven Member

i chose a kitty cat because they are very submissive to people they like (most of 'em anyways), but when they get pissed off....

18. Taffypawz

Taffypawz New Member

I went to a convention (not a furry one btw) and i got these red fox ears and I was really into the red color and that's how velvet was born. :p

19. Keeroh

Keeroh Shinies Snatcher

I found myself rummaging through trash one day.

Alternatively, I made a list of animals I liked/thought were cute (it was... a very long list) and then poked through the behavior that has been observed by said animal, and varied lores around them.
    (Raccoons lore considers them tricksters, they have been known to be able to fiddle and open locks, they are semi-solitary and they eat everything. It me. :v )

20. Beatle9

Beatle9 AKA BeatleNumber9. Amateur writer.

I really wanted one that I thought fit who I am.

If I had gone solely by my personality, I probably would have gone with a bear (plus bears are my favorite animal), but I wanted one that matched my body type, as well as my personality and behavior, and let's just say I don't exactly look like a bear. I decided to go with something canine, considering I have really sensitive ears and sense of smell, plus I consider myself very loyal to those I form some sort of relationship with. I also thought I'd go with some sort of hybrid animal, since I'm biracial. I decided on a Coyolf (coyote/wolf), since I live in Texas and there's coyotes everywhere here, and I love werewolves. I looked up a picture of a coyolf, and they're pretty slim, like me. Badda-bop, my 'sona was born!