How did you pick your fursona species?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Shay_NuperJo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bluey Grifter

Bluey Grifter Member

I LOVE! Especially the words on the paws. I'd still give a hug. I'm a husky too. I haven't got the aggressive trait, but everything else yes!

2. Calypso Mooncaller

Calypso Mooncaller New Member

I went with my 2 favorite mythical creatures, both of which embody traits I would love to have. End result is a wingless dragon with minotaur legs and a furry dragon tail :p

3. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

Simple. I am completly obsessed with wolves.

4. KeitoTheMidnightFox

KeitoTheMidnightFox ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I chose fox cuz thats what I most identify with. Not in a furry type of way. But spirtually. Like a guide of some sort. So, since foxes are my favorite animal and I feel so close to. I decided to model my fursona from a fox. Midnight Fox is kinda a little thing I am working on to make him unique. Instead of just a "fox" hence his color scheme too. So he is still a bit of wip but I also model him around myself a bit too. Like my interests in Producing music, DJ'ing and gaming. I do want to give him more of a back story or more uniqueness lol

Calypso Mooncaller likes this.
  5. mox7

mox7 New Member

I like cows = cow fursona. I don't really identify or relate to carnivorous species. Maybe bears if I'm in a bad mood, lol.

6. SpectralFinesse

SpectralFinesse Requiem the Ghost Bat

I've always sort of connected with bats because of their spookiness and introverted nature. I was looking at species and Ghost Bat came up. The rest is history! :)

7. Gur94

Gur94 New Member

Love dogs and all canines alike.

wolflynxrae likes this.
  8. lajm

lajm family guy funny moments

Since raccoons are animals that like trash and shit like that I picked those scruffy guys.
    they're also pretty cute animals

9. SveltColt

SveltColt NANI?!?

I did not know what to pick.

SO I took a random. online furry test and I got the wolf due to me liking to stay up all night.

nothing special

10. Atlas Volt

Atlas Volt Guest

I liked wolves for many reasons (Intelligence, psychology, many more reasons) . So I made my fursona a wolf.

11. cpr0cks

cpr0cks New Member

I just picked my two favourite species (Fox + Deer) and made a hybrid species of them

wolflynxrae likes this.
  12. MissKittyMouse

MissKittyMouse Let me be good to you

I didn't choose my species, my species chose me!

13. I've always liked wolves or canines in general so I've always went with a wolf. :3

14. Q Bism

Q Bism New Member

I thought about it for a good, long time. Looked into how some other people went about choosing theirs, did quizzes, etc.
    Eventually, I just decided on what sort of creature I liked the most, and went with a moth.
    I was actually debating between this, and either some kind of dinosaur or an addax (I liked the horns).

15. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

I love Cats and Foxes.

Pixel the Vixen represents the more crazy, fun, sporty aspect of me ~ Mai the Fairy Cat represents the more reserved and introverted aspect of my personality. Nothing more than embodiments of certain personality traits (no special powers/abilities). I like to (try) and keep things simple. Mai was a Mountain Cat ~ I went with Fairy Cat because, well...I do like Fairies, but I guess I wanted something to represent my Celtic aspect (Welsh) and Celtic Mythology is full of cauldrons, fairies and magicians XD

16. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

Hawk, since many people describe my as hawkish. That and I'm a massive aviation geek, loving anything about flight since before I could even talk.

17. [​IMG]
    • Why a minotaur ?
      I wanna be something that represents my country, Vietnam. For example, when you think of kangaroos, you'll think of Australia.Vietnam is an agricultural country, and the buffalo has always been the symbol for the farm lands. Whereas a dog is a man's best friend, a buffalo is a vietnamese farmer's best friend too.

• Why a snake tail ?
      Simply put : I have a pretty EXTREME tail fetish. I've always want my tail to have more practical uses, such as a scorpion's stinger. However, I can't draw it, so I go for having my tail as a snake instead. Ya know, like a chimera.

• Is that a pouch on his belly ?
      Yup ! I still very much wanna be a father. Last summer, I adopted my first son on Fur Affinity Forum, but I didn't take everything seriously enough. Starting october, though, I started to develop my feelings of a father. I feel that the bond between parents and their children should be the strongest and most beautiful type of love that's ever existed, so I decided to just go out of my way and keep a kangaroo-like pouch there, for my kids' sake !

18. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Strange way of showing your desire to be a father IMHO, given that pouches are generally the domain of female marsupials (and male seahorses). I can only presume that furry logic is involved though.

19. Can't blame me if I wanna carry my kids (adopted) in there, fella
    Also, don't get logic involved ; my dictionary lost that word centuries ago already

20. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Eh... Just an observation. I haven't experimented with the idea myself, being currently more interested in the military applications of my fursona as a biological swiss army knife (thagomisers, club tails, scything talons, symbiotic weaponry, etc.)

I also have a desire to have children at some point, though I prefer that they were my own progeny.

21. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

So like is it roleplay or....?

Cause some of that makes me raise a brow for whatever reason, no offense

Pipistrele and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  22. Not really a rp ; we all consider each other members of a whole family, reunited on discord, from different countries.

23. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

Eyebrows raised but none o' my business.

ChapterAquila92 and Pipistrele like this.
  24. Whatever...

25. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Well my species is a bovine-lizard hybrid which I called the sirani. I don't know why I chose these races in particular but if I'd have to give an explanation now it'd probably be because bulls, cows and lizards (your typical little european ones) represent me somehow: bulls are proud and hardheaded, sometimes violent, cows are caring and docile, passive even, while lizards are avoidant, typically seen hanging out on their own. I see bulls as proud and majestic, animals that don't allow anyone to fuck with them. Though I lack them I see those traits as worth looking up for. Furthermore, bulls are also known to be aggressive and while I thankfully don't act up on it I do have some anger of my own. Right now it's the cow and the lizard that represent me the most accurately. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that bovines and lizards in general are my favourite animals, yep