how do you support/donate to furaffinity?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by choas chicken, Jan 24, 2017.

1. choas chicken

choas chicken New Member

if a fur wants to, how in the world does a fur donate or otherwise support furaffinity? o_O

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

There used to be a sub-section of the site at donations.furaffinity.net where you could see the donations and information on how to donate, but that section seems to have been closed.

Maybe an admin knows here. But for what it's worth, I'm not sure they're currently accepting donations anyway.

3. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

If I remember correctly, donation section was closed after IMVU sellout, since Dragoneer doesn't technically own the site anymore. But I may be wrong here.

If being honest and objective, donating to FA isn't exactly the best investment anyway - when site was opened to donations, they were mainly spent on unnecessary amount of new servers, as opposed to hiring professional staff and rewriting/optimizing the site itself, which results in it being so outdated and messy compared to newer alternatives (Weasyl, InkBunny, etc). Some even claimed that donations were primarly opened to financially support owner's technophilic tendencies, rather than actually improve the site, but that's the whole other can of worms we don't want to open here.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Thought this might have been the case, but wasn't sure.

5. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Fur Affinity does not accept donations, no. If you really want to contribute to the site's upkeep, you could buy an ad, I suppose.

6. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

Just use the site, enjoy it. =) That's all there is to it. Consider not using an ad blocker, or if you do, at least whitelist our internal ads at rv.furaffinity.net (and support your fellow furs).

7. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

I respect the all sites wishes for no adblock and will more than happily condone to the sites revenue if the site does not have loud and intrusive ads like DA does.

8. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

My personal view is that those kinds of ads are, in fact, the cancer of the internet. My requirements for ads on FA is that there be no-pops, no-audio, no flashy "OMFG, YOU'VE WON!" ads. If a video ad plays it must be muted. We've been fairly aggressive about making sure that's the case.