How is everyone getting to the conventions??

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by Cerberus326, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Cerberus326

Cerberus326 Member

Well just wondering who is going to the up coming conventions and how are you getting there?Also where will you be departing from? Just asking because i am very curious!Lol!.... Plus if you drive through the Ohio valley area to get to Pittsburgh I could tell you guys about a few places to stop and eat or good places for a detour stop ..Or as a few call it a nice pit stop.

Attached Files:

2. Wanny

Wanny New Member

In my case it will be different. I will be visiting my boyfriend in England for some weeks, and we'll most probably go to ConFuzzled by train+bus

3. aepaex

aepaex New Member

4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

How people get to cons? They travel there.

5. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

I will be driving to the next three cons. Going to Anthrocon, Indy Fur Con, and Midwest Furfest.

6. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

I'll be driving to Califur next week, but it is less than 30 miles.

DuranWolf likes this.
  7. The only traveling I do these days is from my bedroom to the John.

8. Simo

Simo Skunk

I've gone to Fur the 'More, just south of DC, taking the MARC train from Baltimore, and then the DC Metro, for a cost of about $11 each way, maybe a two hour ride, and a 10 min walk to the con, from the metro.

I may go to FA united, also south of DC, Via MARC train/Metro and a short cab ride, maybe $30, r/t.

Then, there's a con up in Philly, probably $80 r/t, Amtrack, PA 'subway'.

So for me, rail and Metro/Subway are cheapest, and easiest; no baggage limits, no pesky security waits and cavity searches, it's much better, all in all. (I can walk to the main train station here in maybe 20 minutes, so that also helps)

I might fly, but it seems so pricey, and almost slow, by the time you clear security, and baggage claims, and all...unless I went to NV or CA, it's gonna be train, or carpool.

9. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

I just always drive there as long as it's in my limitions, which anything within a twelve hour drive is doable for me.