How many of you travel, and how?

Discussion in 'Room and Ride Share' started by Acidwrangler, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

I used to wander via bus and jet back when I was homeless.

Planning on riding passenger trains and gathering stories from people after I finish taking care of my elderly relatives.

2. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

australia is a fun place

Fall likes this.
  3. Comrade Sai

Comrade Sai Я был успешным продуктом советской решений

I spent two years of my life working as an audio tech for touring bands. Being on the move is always fun until you find out what it's like to relax again.

4. BRN

BRN WTB Forum Mod Powers

Spent a year in Canada as a european citizen through their IEC program. A year's work visa for young people who wanna travel - sounds like your kind of thing!

Acidwrangler likes this.
  5. BayouBaby

BayouBaby Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books

When I travel I rely on public transportation and cheap hotels and hostels. It's how I got around South Korea, Japan, and Australia.

6. sunwolfholland

sunwolfholland Lookin' fur ya trashies...

Let's take a look. For my work I take twice the train for 2 short trips. (just a stop-over) and in the weekends it's just how the weather behaves. If it's sunny, long distances per train and/or bus but when it's rainy a bit closer to home. I don't like getting my fur wet... hehe...

7. Moderator-Gazelle

Moderator-Gazelle Forum Moderator Staff Member

some actual real life trivia i was permitted to share~

I travel for work, almost always by plane. I spend roughly 85% of my time away from home on the Serengeti! :D

8. Kioskask

Kioskask Well-Known Member

I walk everywhere, I haven't even used a car in the last year..

9. My family goes to alabama every summer. last year we went to seattle by plane. we usually drive

10. Helios276

Helios276 Guest

I would want to backpack Europe someday sounds fun

11. Zephyr2

Zephyr2 A raving wolf named Zephyr. PLUR ^_^

It's a dream of mine. I hate staying in any one place for too long. Town, job, anything, I need to wander and wonder. I lived in Korea for 2 years before I left the Army (I didn't want to reenlist after my first term because fuck authority) and that was probably the greatest experience of my life. I'd love to do something like that again without all the restrictions.

12. DylanM40

DylanM40 Photographer

I live in the US and haven't really left my home state which is Texas. These coming years I plan on leaving to actually go see other parts of the country. Thankfully the career I chose is in high demand everywhere so work won't be in short supply and was blessed with a job here to get the experience I need to take it elsewhere

13. Fall

Fall Member

I live in Australia and I've been to the UK 3 times since 2014. Pretty neat place, planning on moving.

14. LycanTheory

LycanTheory Free to good home.

I've been all over the US and to Mexico and Aruba. I prefer driving whenever possible because I don't like feeling confined on an airplane or the crowds that fill airports.

bhutrflai likes this.
  15. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

I don't travel for leisure, but I have been afforded the opportunity to go to exotic places as part of my degree; I spent 49 days in Newfoundland doing geological mapping in 2015, and was lucky enough to get to visit Bermuda and stay on the Atlantic Explorer, an ocean going vessel, to observe their research methods.

bhutrflai likes this.
  16. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

I travel a bit, mainly planes and trains. Definitely recommend goin to south korea if you like parting. Just dont go during Aug cause military excersizes there piss off north korea

17. bhutrflai

bhutrflai Okami convinced me to drink the kool-aid. Cheers!

I have done quite a bit of traveling over the years. My family always drove to visit family for holidays & such. From GA, it was a 15hr drive to central texas. (Plane only takes a couple hrs, but my mom was too frugal to buy 5 tix & pay for a rental car too.) Being the youngest, I got to ride in the back end of our station wagon...no seatbelt, nothing. Good times!!

As an adult, I've driven across the lower USA, by myself, on a couple of occassions. Most memorable experience, though I didn't get to see much, was driving thru Joshua Tree National Forest...at 1130 at night, in a Honda Civic!

And I got to take a cruise 2yrs ago! Stepped onto a boat for the first time in my life, with no one that I knew, and spent 8 days going around the Caribbean Ocean. Mind-blowing experience!! Can't wait to do it again!! (But next time Okami will go with me!!)

18. Mr.Foox

Mr.Foox Daddy Fooxy

I hitch hike with my sister in the summer time and camp out ever where in Oregon and lower Washington. Me and her are going to backpack it in north California this year, me and her always want to get out there and just do it, no money no nothing just go for it. She's my twin sister actually and we have strong sibling bonds.

bhutrflai likes this.
  19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

I rarely ever leave my current state, usually the farthest I go is the beaches.
    The last time I ever traveled out of state (Other than going to Pennsylvania) was when I was 4 and we traveled to Florida...

20. Caraid

Caraid Classy cat

Back when I still had a car (hey bhutrflai, *Civic high-five*) I drove it down to France from the Netherlands, around Germany and up to Stockholm, Sweden where I'm currently staying. I've been to the UK (London), Scotland, Austria (mostly for skiing), Kopenhagen (had to go through Denmark to get to Stockholm) aside from that.

So yeah, I've definitely traveled around Europe a fair amount. The US is on the list for next year :).

bhutrflai likes this.
  21. reptile logic

reptile logic An imposter among aliens.

When you make it to the states, just remember that the scale of the maps change dramatically between Europe and North America. Many people that I have met, who were visiting from Europe or the UK, have remarked on this many times. It can take four long days to travel from the east coast to the west coast by car, in light traffic. That said, I hope that you enjoy your visit.

22. Cerberus326

Cerberus326 Member

I do even with work which is 12miles away.ill walk some times or I'll catch a bus to..Then work then walk or jog 2.2miles just in time to catch a bus home.lol

23. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

I wish I could travel. Purchase a fancy RV and just drive around the world. Wishful thinking, I know

24. Cerberus326

Cerberus326 Member

Ya we can all roll into a con around the world like this.

Attached Files: