How many of you travel, and how?

Discussion in 'Room and Ride Share' started by Acidwrangler, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nataku

Nataku Shapeshifting alien dragon

I'm the driver of my group. Anytime we make trips to conventions, carnivals, museums, parks or the like, I gather them all up and they all ride in my car. I drive a big car, so plenty of leg room, we load up whatever we want and off we go. I have driven this same model of car (though multiple individual cars, I maintain a fleet) for so long now that my car has it as own furry alt. form 0.o;
    Yeah we spend a lot of time in these cars.

I also do yearly road trips across the country up to North Dakota (I'm in Florida so that's 2500 miles. One way. Not counting all the detours we make). I drive all the way there and back. So car is pretty much my mode of transportation, although I have taken several flights to different parts of the country, and I do go boating fairly often. I am a licensed gator hunter, although we work in a team, and I am usually the driver of the boat as well.

Nice to see other Floridians in this thread. I love the heat personally, which is why trips to North Dakota only happen in summer, because I refuse to go there in winter (and I've been there in June and had nights where it was below freezing. To hell with that nonsense.)

2. Strangeguy32000

Strangeguy32000 Dack Remus Applewold

Alt form?
    You speak of your vehicle as if it were a Transformer.

3. Beetblood

Beetblood AKA Tera

Most I've done is travel back and forth between Canada and the US by plane every now and again since I'm Canadian and my fiance is American. ^u^;

4. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Maximor_Bloodpanda The True Anti-Conformist

I remember picking up a guy who was heading to a convention.....he now lays at the bottom of the ocean.....

5. reptile logic

reptile logic An imposter among aliens.

Have traveled by motorcycle for many years. Ridden over 500,000 miles that way; camping mostly and hotels when I need a break from roughing it. Have seen much of North America, but no place else, yet. Europe some day, Asia too...

Acidwrangler likes this.
  6. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

I used to wander via bus and jet back when I was homeless.

Planning on riding passenger trains and gathering stories from people after I finish taking care of my elderly relatives.

7. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

australia is a fun place

Fall likes this.
  8. Comrade Sai

Comrade Sai Я был успешным продуктом советской решений

I spent two years of my life working as an audio tech for touring bands. Being on the move is always fun until you find out what it's like to relax again.

9. BRN

BRN WTB Forum Mod Powers

Spent a year in Canada as a european citizen through their IEC program. A year's work visa for young people who wanna travel - sounds like your kind of thing!

Acidwrangler likes this.
  10. BayouBaby

BayouBaby Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books

When I travel I rely on public transportation and cheap hotels and hostels. It's how I got around South Korea, Japan, and Australia.

11. sunwolfholland

sunwolfholland Lookin' fur ya trashies...

Let's take a look. For my work I take twice the train for 2 short trips. (just a stop-over) and in the weekends it's just how the weather behaves. If it's sunny, long distances per train and/or bus but when it's rainy a bit closer to home. I don't like getting my fur wet... hehe...

12. Moderator-Gazelle

Moderator-Gazelle Forum Moderator Staff Member

some actual real life trivia i was permitted to share~

I travel for work, almost always by plane. I spend roughly 85% of my time away from home on the Serengeti! :D

13. Kioskask

Kioskask Well-Known Member

I walk everywhere, I haven't even used a car in the last year..

14. My family goes to alabama every summer. last year we went to seattle by plane. we usually drive

15. Helios276

Helios276 Guest

I would want to backpack Europe someday sounds fun

16. Zephyr2

Zephyr2 A raving wolf named Zephyr. PLUR ^_^

It's a dream of mine. I hate staying in any one place for too long. Town, job, anything, I need to wander and wonder. I lived in Korea for 2 years before I left the Army (I didn't want to reenlist after my first term because fuck authority) and that was probably the greatest experience of my life. I'd love to do something like that again without all the restrictions.

17. DylanM40

DylanM40 Photographer

I live in the US and haven't really left my home state which is Texas. These coming years I plan on leaving to actually go see other parts of the country. Thankfully the career I chose is in high demand everywhere so work won't be in short supply and was blessed with a job here to get the experience I need to take it elsewhere

18. Fall

Fall Member

I live in Australia and I've been to the UK 3 times since 2014. Pretty neat place, planning on moving.

19. LycanTheory

LycanTheory Free to good home.

I've been all over the US and to Mexico and Aruba. I prefer driving whenever possible because I don't like feeling confined on an airplane or the crowds that fill airports.

bhutrflai likes this.
  20. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

I don't travel for leisure, but I have been afforded the opportunity to go to exotic places as part of my degree; I spent 49 days in Newfoundland doing geological mapping in 2015, and was lucky enough to get to visit Bermuda and stay on the Atlantic Explorer, an ocean going vessel, to observe their research methods.

bhutrflai likes this.