How to draw better more animeish furrys and other stuff

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Critiques' started by Moka-Rose, May 6, 2017.

1. Moka-Rose

Moka-Rose New Member

I was looking for some help from people who could help me become a lot better at drawing furries, and yes its a bit against the rules to ask out right but if you could also help me with drawing more.... private and adult drawings then that would be great. I am currently having a hard time with muzzles/snouts, fur/scales, eyes, hands, feet, shading, color ratios.

2. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

No other replies in five days and I'm here just dumping vodka into my cola OK sure why not.

I did have one solution for muzzles I hadn't seen anyone else do. It seems the greatest difficulty is just the oblong nature of the snout. You know those wooden pose dolls? That, but I had some foam and put feature landmarks on it. Helps a lot. POV, angle, distance, etc, play hell with an oblong shape. I'm sure you can make a better reference than my lazy butt did, but my point being try one?

Fur doesn't have a perfect solution, believe me I've been trying and looking forever. You're better off picking a style you like and prioritizing "cohesive" over realistic.

Eyes/Hands/Feet, I've just been using what I knew of human figure drawing and applying that with altered dimensions. Either way, some life studies of humans can't be detrimental here.

3. Ethriol

Ethriol New Member

Find styles you like and break them down into shapes - try to figure out what about that style draws you in, and replicate it. Don't just, trace or copy other people's art/styles, but use what others do well to inspire your own approach!