How would you respond?

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Crimson_Steel17, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Karatine

Karatine cat

That's always a funny feeling. It pretty much comes down to how you define yourself. I had the opposite situation. Where I wanted to be a furry but I didn't know how. Until I realized there was practically nothing to it.

2. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

It's just not a description I ever foresaw following my name... "Hi, my name is Joe, and I'm a furry!"
    At least I can honestly say that the art is worth it, though

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. Karatine

Karatine cat

W
    Well don't worry, that feeling will wear off. Whether or not you accept it. But if you do, you might want to enjoy it while it lasts :p

4. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Guest

Been there, done that, I think the first person I told that I was a furry was my bloggy bro, turns out he was one as well.
    Now we talk about furry shit in front of our parents cause they have no idea what a furry is.

5. Crimson_Steel17

We're talking about a family that doesn't approve of my YouTube channel because the don't know what YouTube is... why do I get the feeling that they would have the same reaction, and then it would get worse when they actually learned about the fetishes of some furries? They're the type to assume that the worst of a community is the average of the same community. No offense, but if I roll with it, my family is nonethewiser

6. Crimson_Steel17

Honestly, though. Take someone already having something of an identity crisis, and then tell them "oh, btw you're a furry" when they were never expecting that. I'm surprised I've handled this as well as I have thus far

7. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Don't overthink it - in the end, it's a hobby, not a religion or sexual orientation. Enjoy the fandom the way you can and drop out of it if you feel like it, no rules at all.

8. Crimson_Steel17

I know, but not many others outside of the fandom do. Trust me, the only reason I didn't think that before is because I try not to judge anything I don't know... and I learned a little bit by specifically doing research so I COULD understand the fandom better

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  9. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

If your parents find out, just act like it's something normal. If they look into it too much and find the people with fetishes, just say they're a minority and don't represent most of the people. It's relatively easy to say you like the art, and not the fetishy stuff. Compared to being a Therianthrope, that is. People like me are weird, we actually think we're non-human, albeit in a non-physical way.

10. Crimson_Steel17

And once again, I am schooled by a situation that outclasses my own in every aspect... You do have a point, though

11. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

Life is full of bullshit and nice things. People are arrogant by default, even when they try to be humble. Like everyone said, don't worry too much about whether or not you're a Furry. Know what you enjoy and enjoy it in spite of what other people think.

12. Crimson_Steel17

...Okay!

13. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Guest

So, erm...
    What else are you into?

14. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Don't ask for answers to the doors that you do not wish to see

15. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Guest

I mean like shows, or games, or books...
    Not fetishes ( -_-)
    You know what I mean

16. Crimson_Steel17

You must've seen some serious crap to assume that weird fetishes would come in reply to that.

I play video games quite a bit... when I was dealing with my roommate, I started broadcasting on Twitch quite often... since then I've scaled back. I also play competitive Magic The Gathering- not on the Pro Tour, although I think that would be fun, but I do participate regularly in tournaments at local card shops, especially midnight prereleases when a new set will come out (it's almost equatable for me to going to a major con for some suiters... it's just a really big, really cool deal)! :)

I kinda gathered that, but if I did have any weird fetishes I don't think this is where they would want to be heard. Also, I didn't think it was possible to have a weird fetish if, a.) You're a virgin, so you don't know what you like; or b.) You're too damn new to even know what any of the fetishes are... and please don't elaborate on my behalf

17. Sergei Sóhomo

Furries and depravity can easily go hand-in-hand my amigos

18. Crimson_Steel17

Not so obvious from what I've seen... either that or major news outlets have decided that one's furriness is unimportant until it is. I mean, have you ever seen a headline that said "Local Furry Indicted on Counts of Depraved Indifference Murder" or something similar? My point being that if the 2 properties go hand-in-hand then either it's a mild case of depravity, or the news just overlooks it

Simo likes this.
  19. Sergei Sóhomo

Oh you sweet, sweet summer child you. I envy you

20. Crimson_Steel17

What's the old adage? "Be careful, or you'll turn green with envy"

21. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

When you see how quickly crimson fell into the fandom.
    [​IMG]

Karatine and Crimson_Steel17 like this.
  22. Alex K

Alex K Guest

Aint you supposed to like yourself tho?

23. Crimson_Steel17

Read my title- I didn't fall, I jumped feet first

24. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

Eh, I still don't know whether or not I'm *really* part of the fandom.
    I just came up with a sona, gave it/ him a name, and had some art made of it/ him.
    I pretty much handle myself and others here in such a way that is comparable to how I would do so elsewhere.
    -
    So who cares.

Crimson_Steel17 likes this.
  25. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

My man! *Raises hand for high five*