Hype Thread

Discussion in 'PC and Console Gaming' started by WolfyJake, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BlueWorrior

BlueWorrior Subwoofer Extraordinaire

I don't get hyped for anything. hype is overrated, all you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment :L

Iovic likes this.
  2. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Please man I know when things are utter bullshit like no mans sky. No way they could have done that with a small team. But anyways are those over hyped games really that bad I mean I have over 3000 hours in destiny!

3. BlueWorrior

BlueWorrior Subwoofer Extraordinaire

I'm a cynical arsehole, when I see a trailer or hear stuff about a game I am immediately sceptical and cynical, no matter what it may be. it's better to be pleasantly surprised than have your hopes crushed in my eyes.

Sogreth likes this.
  4. IncubusZenith

IncubusZenith Pessimistic Incubus

I've been hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 for 10 years OTL
    Also the Crash remake I'm super hyped for.

5. Tytysi

Tytysi Legendary Shaman

I'm super pumped because a friend is building me a gaming PC. I'll finally be able to play all my MMORPGs again! And... Ohh, I can play Skyrim with mods. Mmmm. <3

6. Jeniver

Jeniver New Member

This.

7. Stratelier

Stratelier Well-Known Member

Word: Nintendo just announced a Pokemon Direct coming Tuesday. It's planned to be jut 8 minutes long, so there can't be TOO much to reveal, but if they're making a Direct just for Pokemon then it's got a good chance to be something big.

8. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

PLZ God a D/P Remake, please please please.

9. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Forgive, forget and live!

Im super hyped for DiRT 4 one of the reasons why I got a new computer so I could play it.

WolfyJake likes this.
  10. WolfyJake

Dirt 4 is definitely on my list too. I am hoping they'll add more cars in the future like they did with DiRT Rally. I'm pretty sad there aren't really any Citroëns in it besides the DS3 WRX. I'd love to see some more of those, they used to do really well in the WRC championships. If they could add the BX 4TC Group B car, Xsara WRC, C4 WRC, Saxo/Xsara Kit Car and the DS3 WRC, it'd be my perfect game.

ACaracalFromWork likes this.
  11. Stratelier

If it helps, they did announce two re-releases... just not those two. Pokken DX (includes new fighters, like Gen 7's Decidueye) for Switch (playable with single Joy-Cons) and Gold/Silver for 3DS VC.

12. ACaracalFromWork

Anyone looking forward to E3?

13. Iovic

Iovic Member

I try not to get hyped over games nowadays*. I've had a couple of bad experiences with overhyping. That, and I'm also a cynical old** git who wants the whole practice of over-hyping mediocre games to push preorders to die a swift death***.

* The only exception is Paradox games. I still trust Paradox for a number of reasons.
    ** I'm not actually all that old.
    *** Seriously, that's one of many really shitty, anti-consumer things triple-A publishers do. I have a personal boycot against many of them.

ACaracalFromWork likes this.
  14. ACaracalFromWork

I fully understand, I mostly look forward to indie games more than big companies, because their new quantity over quality marketing, instead of making the game better just make the second game to the series in two years.
    their goal seems to be hit around 6/10 and 7/10 quality of games now.

15. WolfyJake

I tend to trust Rockstar, Naughty Dog and pretty much anything from Bethesda. Those studios release good games consistently in my opinion.

Zenoth likes this.
  16. WolfyJake

Funny thing but the only games missing from the shelf are Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
    Screenshot_2017-06-06-21-53-02.png

17. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

Battletech by HarebrainedSchemes is in beta and almost ready to come out. *vibrates with excitement*

18. ACaracalFromWork

a very interesting new game.

19. ACaracalFromWork

oh snap dem robots, I hope this game is good.
    [​IMG]
    some droiedak's PLEASE!

20. -Praydeth-

Here is a furry trash magnet:

But it looks like super mario galaxy & has me a little interested.

21. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

remember that time furries made putin and Russia's fursona cry?

SveltColt and Simo like this.
  22. -Praydeth-

No.... not again...

23. ACaracalFromWork

I feel like I should know but it's best I don't know.

24. Stratelier

E3 is officially starting tomorrow, but press conferences and news are already underway and I would rather just avoid all the news until it's all over and the dust has sett--HEY WAS THAT A TRAILER FOR A SEQUEL TO ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST?

Also, apparently Skyrim Switch may have amiibo functionality and some Legend of Zelda-themed items?

25. ACaracalFromWork

What is your hypes from E3?

Call of duty looks amazing
    Battlefront 2 looks promising and this version looks more like the classic game very pleased.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017