Ideas for Wyvern Project

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Critiques' started by Lashzara, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Lashzara

Lashzara Fizzy pringle

http://imgur.com/a/vGbCP <-- The concept art and materials. (Converted to plain text because weird happens)

I have most of what I want to do figured out, but I'm a little bit concerned about how I'm going to design the face and wings. I was originally going to knit some kind of head thing for the base of the head but after reading some other threads that might not be such a good idea.

For the face I for sure want to just use my actual eyes, and surround my sockets with the black scales folded and layered. (I figure if I black out my showing skin and wear contacts it will have that more socketed dragon look --> chrisscalf.deviantart.com: Dragon Awakens- REVISED ) I'm still working out how to effectively make a lightweight base that won't sag when I get the resin jaw set into it.

As for the wings I plan to have them sewn in on the center back with my zipper in between them, and also sew it to the sleeves up to the elbows (I drew in the sleeve cuffs which are just frilly extras, I haven't decided yet if I want to keep them or not). I will be using the faux fur around the posts which I will use to move the wings, but I haven't decided yet if I want the boning in the wings to be also the faux fur and use the black scales with the green ones underneath connecting the black and fur, or if I should just use the green for the skin flaps and put black for the boning. I am not sure yet if I want the bones to be rigid, if so I have some wire I got to help mold the horns that I could use, however I'm worried that might get bent too easily.

As for tail and legs I don't even know where to begin. I was thinking I could do layered black in front and green in back, but I definitely would want that more feral leg look and I really don't know how to do that. For now I'm not going to worry about them, but I would still like ideas.

Any help you could offer would be great. Thanks!