If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yithian, Jun 28, 2010.

1. um_pineapplez

um_pineapplez Mage of Void, dammit.

Yeah, but still. I'd wager I'd pick up at least a few chicks if I was a fox.

2. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

Perhaps.
    People love celebrities and they love to have celebrities draped over their arm like an expensive piece of jewelry.

And you'd sure as hell be more famous than anyone ever.

3. um_pineapplez

um_pineapplez Mage of Void, dammit.

I'll admit, I'd get a hell of a lot of hate. Youtube drama, people discriminating against me for being an animal, the risk of being captured and used in torturous lab experiments, too much attention (I just want a mate. I don't want girls or guys throwing themselves at me all at once. I'm not poly), I'd lose most of my swimming ability because my ears are hindering me and my fur slows me down, there's a ton that could go wrong.
    But then I look at the things that could go right. I'd have better hearing, I could probably see better (although the glasses in my picture say otherwise), I'd have a better sense of smell, I'd be warm and fuzzy, potential immunity to most human diseases, I'd have a tail, my fanfiction ideas would come true, etc. So yeah, the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many in this case. (Although they're more like wants. Still tho. I'd rather have floof.)

And masturbation would still be so much more entertaining.

4. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Common sense may not be so common.

In this case, I'd be a very rich otter...

5. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Nope. I like to see them drawn, read fan fictions about them, that's all.

6. [​IMG]

Leoni Zheitk and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  7. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

8. Shameful_Cole

Shameful_Cole Shameful Idiot

Well I wouldn't want to have a tail...
    ...or lose speech skills...
    ...or deal with fur...
    ...or smell really badly...
    ...or lose speech skills,
    So I guess not.

Leoni Zheitk likes this.
  9. Iriastar

Iriastar Rawr.

I would, but then how to deal with the consequences? Where to go and what to do? Humans would be absolutely terrified of me. I mean, except those who would actually like my new appeareance. I'd be a walking magnet of furs.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  10. Shade Fox

Shade Fox Shade

I would become a permanent anthropomorphic animal due to the facts that versus the standard human anatomy, strength, agility and endurance would be increased, but also I would differ from the rest and be the face of the fandom.

modfox likes this.
  11. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

It really depends on the situation for me, if the world was anthropomorphic then yes, if its like it is now, and your one of the few you clearly wouldnt want that. Sure you can fursuit in public right now and have fun but at the end of the day you can take the suit off when you need too. If your stuck like that forever, then your going to be targeted.

12. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

You might be susceptible to new diseases, it might shorten your lifespan by a lot. Who knows what kind of health care you might need? I'd love to by my 'sona, but I'm also very fond of being alive and healthy.

Ravofox likes this.
  13. Shade Fox

Shade Fox Shade

That is true, however there are no "real" threats, only those who hide behind a screen and write malicious messages to the members of the fandom just because they are furries. Furthermore, the government will most likely provide interest in the fact of a "new race" and so new research and technology would be produced.

14. Shade Fox

Shade Fox Shade

Chances of being susceptible to "new diseases" (the term referring to polio, HIV, etc,) is not a concern due the anatomy of the anthro body being somwhat similar however variety in cell types can cause concern. To solve this issue however there is always the latest medicine/vaccinations available. Furthermore if these prove inaffective, then donor cells of the anthro body such as blood and organ tissue will enable for alteration and the creation of new vaccines to counter any "new diseases".

15. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

I for one have always been critical of the notion that an anthro animal would inherently be stronger, faster or tougher than a human of equal size and build. Unlike with sensory input (eyesight, hearing and smell) where there is a direct correlation to the base animal of the anthropomorphization, it's still a human(oid) frame you're applying it to, with all the advantages and limitations associated with an otherwise unaugmented form that mirrors our own. The only way for it to be as you say is if it were additionally augmented in some way - increased muscle density, reinforced bone structure, faster neural synapses, etc - and that would be the kind of thing that would appeal a lot to paramilitary organizations who would love to have dollar-store supersoldiers.
    That's being fairly generous and assuming that we're dealing with a generally accepting society, such as that which more or less exists in the Western World. Contrast this with societies in Africa or New Guinea where you could just as likely be hacked to pieces to provide the local witch doctor with "medicinal ingredients" (or simply just for being from a different tribe); I find it hard to imagine that even the more tolerant societies of this kind wouldn't at least consider apartheid of some kind, if only to press-gang the aforementioned augs into military service. Fantastic racism perhaps, but considering how picky we tend to be regarding who we identify with among our own species, it's a very real possibility that needs to be taken into account.

16. Shade Fox

Shade Fox Shade

An apartheid would most likely happen, however whilst it can be a menacing threat, it is miniscule. Varied locations around the globe would alter this, however the good outweighs the bad in this scenario due to the minority of possible human-supremacists acting out against the new race. Furthermore I would myself side with the military. Provide them with the new information and data they require for possible soldiers that are enhanced, thus being seen as a valuable asset to them. On the other hand however if they choose to use it for negative purposes then that is a cause for a sh!t storm. To summarise, I have provided some positives and some negatives, however there are many more to either sides but I would passionately accept becoming a permanent anthropomorphic being.

17. Shade Fox

Shade Fox Shade

That is not true. Nor will it ever be. This is due to the simple facts of human technological advancements. Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Alan Turing, Steve Jobs, etc. They made their footmark in history, raking in admirable achievements and decent financial income, as well as public status gain. Being an anthro would certainly help gain public status and some financial gain from a "new race" and "press/media" however it will not go down in history as the most significant or upstanding event versus the previously mentioned figures.

18. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

I'm pretty sure that more people know the names of movie celebrities than they do those of technology moguls.
    Look at the Kardashians for instance.

As much as I'd like your comment to be true, I'm afraid it isn't.
    And in your words...

19. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

At the very least, I can appreciate you seeking to influence events in your favour in that scenario, and one that I would do wholeheartedly in similar straits myself.

In fact, it's pretty much the turn of events that I have planned for the main arc of my ITC project, following the involuntary transformations of twelve people by means of sufficiently advanced experimental nanotech. Suffice to say that the nanotech, and by extension the posthuman augmentations it yields, garners a much bigger interest overall than does the anthro byproduct, but of course that likely won't deter the crazies who remain convinced that David Icke's Reptilian Conspiracy theory is fact (a matter exacerbated by the de facto ringleader of the twelve being an anthro raptor.)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  20. Alex K

Alex K Guest

No because I don't want to remain in a costume forever
    After all, how would I use the bathroom??