If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yithian, Jun 28, 2010.

1. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Life finds a way.

2. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

Then howcome folks don't walk around in school mascots all day

3. ChapterAquila92

The same reason why soldiers don't wear armoured hazmat suits all the time: bulky, heavy, and next to no climate control.

With that aside, this thread isn't about trapping you in a fursuit and sewing it shut, but about whether or not you'd prefer to undergo extreme body modification.

One is merely playing dress-up, the other is becoming the real deal.

4. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

But becoming an animal other than a human is just plain cruel 'cause then you gotta kill somethin' like a beaver to get the buck teeth and the tale.

5. ChapterAquila92

...What sort of insane logic are you trying to pull? What you just described is a primitive hack-job fraught with enough problems to not even be worth considering.

It's also very shallow-minded. Plastic surgery, lab-grown designer bodies, augmented reality... these are but a few options out there that may better sate your ethical concerns instead.

Abyssalrider likes this.
  6. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

But if you're trying to become an animal other than a human then it's only natural to assume that you need the parts of whatever it is you wish to become. How else are you going to chew on wood and mate with fellow beavers?

Although now that I really think about it, maybe that's natural predation for ya. Trumping the new generation of animals to become them.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  7. ChapterAquila92

You could never be more wrong; you don't need to take anything straight from the animal in question (unless of course you're a primitive hack-job enthusiast). Its genome is enough to design a biological body to sleeve into, and you don't even need that for a synthetic one with sufficient engineering.

Abyssalrider likes this.
  8. Alex K

Alex K Pending Deletion

But how're you gonna get the genome into you to become a (for example) the beaver?
    Artificial Incineration is only reserved for the women who wish to carry children they desire. They're not just gonna let some person come in and say "hey I want to be artificially incinerated to become a beaver".

I mean. Unless they charge you more money to allow that?
    Now, I dunno how the system works nowadays compared to back in my day when Planned Parenthood was just being founded.
    But I'm still pretty confident they're not gonna let random people inject them with the genes from animals.

9. ChapterAquila92

As posted on another thread:

There exist women who are willing to be scorched into a pile of ashes just to have children? I'm sure you meant insemination instead, and that's an entirely different process altogether from what's being discussed.

Always. I wouldn't expect anything less from a fellow human out to make a living off of the exotic.

10. Christian Reese

Christian Reese A friendly Husky.

Nope. I'm perfectly fine with who I am.

Besides would be very difficult finding a FAST helmet that would fit.

11. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

XXMLGNOSCOPERXX Local Memer

i'd rather be a shrek

SveltColt likes this.
  12. LupusFamilia

LupusFamilia Lupo the non-Lupolic Hard Rock Lupain

I dont know if i'd do it if it turns relly everyone into anthro but if only me would turn then i would push i guess.

But if there'd be a button what jsut turns you in a different animal of choice, like wolf, cat, frog whatever, then i would definitely push.
    how about the others here?

13. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

an anthropomorphic O N I O N

SveltColt likes this.
  14. SveltColt

SveltColt just another wolf move on.

onions have layers

15. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

ONIONS HAVE LAYERS
    OGRES HAVE LAYERS
    END OF STORY
    BUB-BYE
    SEE YA

SveltColt likes this.
  16. SveltColt

SveltColt just another wolf move on.

Dank meme.

17. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

18. Drunkey

Drunkey New Member

10/10

19. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

if you think about it.
    shreks are the best species

20. BellCat

BellCat New Member

I'd be hesitant to, and even if it were a yes, it'd only be if nobody knew I was the one who did it.

But probably not. I like my anthros stylized.