If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yithian, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SveltColt

SveltColt IDK anymore

understood

2. Martin2W

Martin2W Sergaling like a sir

Yes and would have some yiff

_Hushy likes this.
  3. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Wow. Considering the question is only about a physical and not a psychological change.

4. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

Some people just can't differentiate the two.

5. Martin2W

This was joke comment, sory If Triggered you.

6. Martin2W

Maybe, maybe. But I doubt.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  7. Martin2W

I feel bad posting this crap.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  8. MrFranco

MrFranco 550 polygons

Lmao. What you commented earlier couldn't be taken seriously anyway. Like, someone had to comment that.
    ...We aren't talking about death.

9. Martin2W

Is there is something wrong?

10. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

On topic: not if I'm the only one turning anthro. But if everyone, or at least half of the world's population of humans turned into anthropomorphs as well, so that it's not something governments would want to dissect me over, then yes. That would be pretty cool.

11. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Oh and I wouldn't. Anthros would eventually kill humans because of their superior strength, senses, and some animals have things humans don't. (Wolves have sharp teeth and claws) (Rabbits, due to their size, would be able to run faster than a human and would practically kill somebody with one kick to the head due to their leg strength) (Elephants could stomp a person) (Lizards would be able to climb things humans can't and they'd be way more agile) (Cheetas could catch somebody and tear them apart in seconds) (Bears would completely destroy us because of their size and strength) (Chimps would literally rip apart somebody due to their strength etc.) Most humans would be killed off if a war ever broke out, because anthropomorphic animals are far superior in terms of natural strength and senses. Plus, since they're anthros, they have pretty much the same level of intelligence as us. So they'd easily overcome humans and look down upon them as a weak and unsuperior race that serves no use to society. But if everybody turned into anthros, imagine all of the racism, stereotypes, and violence. I'd bet it would even go as far as the world ending. Then there's the civil wars and the mass suicides.

Plus, anthropomorphic animals would look pretty creepy. Most artists draw anthropomorphic animals as these cute and fuzzy creatures, but because most of the furry art is so cartoonish and cute, people would think irl anthros would look like that. When in reality, they'd literally look like a person with an animal head. If you've ever seen realistic furry art, it looks way more uncanny than you think.

Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I actually thought the last one looked cool, but still uncanny nonetheless. Now imagine that with neon colors and piercings. Yikes. Anthro animals would just be so nope irl.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  12. WolfyJake

But what's to say what it would look like in real life. Maybe it won't be as realistic as just a person with an animal head but it would be more like the ones most artists draw, the cute fluffy ones that would also look pretty decent life size and in 3d. It's not something that will happen in nature, so it has to be designed. Why not just design it aesthetically pleasing and then turn everyone into something that looks good?
    As for racism and violence... I just like to imagine a world filled with anthros like Zootopia on a global scale. And I'm pretty sure there won't be any real issues of racism if there is enough variety. If there are hundreds of different species, I don't think racism is going to take over. And if there is that amount of variety, there won't be an issue if humans are part of that variety. Every species has strengths and weaknesses, humans too.
    We are talking about a god button here. If I have the right to make such a huge change in the world, I probably have the right to make it the way I'd like it to be,

13. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

The artists draw anthros in a cartoony/bright/cute way. If anthros were real, they'd look completely different than a wide eyed cartoony neon fox with huge eyes. If we're realistically speaking, they'd look like a person with an animal head (along with some different aspects of the person's fursona) but I see where you're coming from. I personally wouldn't do it. I think it would be really weird and kinda stupid. I'd rather just keep my hobbies online rather than try to actually make anthropomorphic animals real.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  14. WolfyJake

I'm keeping my hobbies online too. Making anthropomorphic animals real is not a possibility in life, so it's not that I'm wasting my time trying to do that. This is all just imaginary, so it is only as realistic as you want it to be. My preferred world like that would not be one of realism, but instead be the cute and bright artistic way most artists portray it as, that would be a fun and cool world to live in for me. And yes, it will have some neon and stuff like that because there'd probably be things like tattoo shops to change the color of your fur and your paws and whatnot. Make it so you can personalize yourself, just like most of us do with our fursonas, reflect your personality a little in the way you look. If the world was filled with generic patternless foxes it'd get really dull. And I think that if all people turn into anthropomorphs we'd get used to it pretty quickly so it won't be that weird for long, as long as it happens to everyone. Although it would be best for everyone that when that happens there won't be any very small species or very tall species. Everyone should all remain around human size I think, for convenience's sake.

Just to be clear here, I'm not sitting here wishing very hard for it to come true. I'm just imagining what it would be like, how I'd want it to be like and writing it down. But... if I did get a massive button of approval from God for my final idea of such a world, I would probably press that button, just to bring a bit more color and variety to this world.

But that's just my view on this topic. There are many people who would disagree and I get that too.

AustinB likes this.
  15. Solar_Dust

Solar_Dust New Member

I'd only convert if I knew others locally who had converted, if I was by myself then no.

16. Johnthejedi24

Johnthejedi24 New Member

Hell yeah I'd push that button, as long as the effects are only on me. Just yesterday I was opening boxes at my stocking job and forgot my box-cutter, I pined to myself how much easier it would have been if I had claws.

Becoming an anthro Lizard/Reptile/Reptilian would be nice, I'd have to get some new clothes and trim down the claws but every-day life shouldn't be much different. If your bipedal and humanoid in form, things that work for Humans should work for you. I do wonder what could be done about touch screens though, since I'm sure claws and scales are not perusive to using touch interfaces.

17. BurningWolf

BurningWolf New Member

I mean, I would press it. Just to see what Trump's going to look like.

18. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

A big molting gander with partially orange-dyed face and feathery comb-over for good measure. Because they're seemingly always cranky, aggressive and think that they're the coolest fuckin' bird at the pond.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  19. XXMLGNOSCOPERXX

XXMLGNOSCOPERXX Local Memer

If you really think about it
    Being an anthropomorph would be awful
    you'd be seen as a freak
    you'd likely have to go into hiding
    and the government would probably capture you

ChapterAquila92 and AustinB like this.
  20. tfrs

tfrs New Member

Of course I would