If given the choice would you become a permanent anthropomorph?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Yithian, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Il Pleut Tojours~

Would it just be restricted to animals? Because I can think of a lot of other things I would rather choose to be if I could permanently change my form. It'd be nice to shed the social weight and stigma behind such ridiculously loaded subjects as race, gender, age and all their attendant nonsenses by becoming a living humanoid object. I mean, honestly, who is going to bother a trumpet peron, a sunflower person or a telescope person about that stuff? That'd be like berating a lamp for not looking -insert anything here- enough. Humans are kind of odd, they find the weirdest things to nitpick and don't let the subject die until the theoretical horse has been beaten ad nauseum. How many theoretical horses have valiantly subjected themselves to this rubbish? When will we take a stand against such flagrant abuse of imaginary equines? *Shakes fist.*

That said, it'd have to be a pretty perfect world for something like that to happen and not severely alter your life. If we know anything about humans, it's that in a general sense, they tend to fear things they don't understand. There's a good chance one could end up getting hunted down for suddenly appearing quite not-human.
    If I knew that life could continue on largely unchanged, I may go for it. But otherwise, I don't think the benefits would outweigh the drawbacks of giving up a human shape.

Additionally, even if everything went smooth as silk, there's also a chance you might find you don't actually like the form you've chosen. There might be unforeseen consequences to the change that you didn't realize or couldn't have predicted. Or, you might just miss how you used to look because it's what you know. I can imagine it would feel rather strange to wake up in the morning, go to look at your reflection and not recognize the creature you see in the mirror. You'd get used to it, of course, but there would definitely be some vast differences.

-Edit- Also if you chose to be a really fluffy animal like, say, a fox- can you imagine how much shampoo you'd go through!? And you'd probably have to invest in a lot of lint rollers.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    ChapterAquila92 and Mandragoras like this.
  2. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

As long as I'm allowed to choose the animal and colour scheme.

I refuse to be neon coloured.

3. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Uh, totally! Humans are sorta ugly compared to anthro canines!

4. GReiser

GReiser none

It heavily depends on what the options are.
    What world is this possible in? Clearly not the one I currently live in. If so, are the other people also given this choice? How unique the chance of getting this offer is? Do you have to pay for this, e.g. you agree to become a half-human half-animal, but are automatically marked as a probable psycho and sent away from your "normal" friends and family?
    Can it be really be any morph of anthro? Will it affect only my appearance or some sorts of unhuman abilities are also provided? If yes, where are the limits - eagle eyesight, shark scent, pokemon powers, milennial dragon magic?

...left aside all these questions, if this comes only for my body - then probably yes, but I doubt it could have made me really happier than I already am.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  5. SoushieChan

SoushieChan New Member

If it changes only me and others that wants the change then sign me up, I need to find that button now! I find humans unattractive.
    If its the whole world? I might....

6. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

Idk if i would. I mean it would be cool but at the same time the world would still be shit.

7. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Member

Probably, just because of the ability to fly

8. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

SveltColt likes this.
  9. Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

As a human, I'm not going to get any more anthropomorphic than I already am.

lajm and AustinB like this.
  10. Hmm I would press it for me, but other people who may be affected may not be furries..

Solution: when pressing button go on a secluded island or cave lol.

11. WolfoxeCrevan

WolfoxeCrevan *Gayness intensifies*

True dat

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  12. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf resident Lab Wolf

Yeah, I would become an anthro wolf, as long as I can choose my own looks (similar to my avatar/fursona), others become anthros too (by choice) and we don't go up uncanny valley.

At the very least, it will be a interesting change up since humans alone in real life are boring. But it would still be quite cool.

13. bizzmcsweets

bizzmcsweets Member

HAHA my thoughts exactly, I totally would turn into my Fursona, Bizz

FluffyShutterbug and Ramjet556 like this.