Inconsistency in button placement?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by maxgoof, Feb 23, 2017.

1. maxgoof

maxgoof Member

When I go to check my notifications for comments, favorites and journals, the "delete selected" button is on the left, next to the buttons that allow me to select all, select none, select streams, invert selection, etc. The "nuke all" button is way on the right.

When I go to check my notifications for new submissions by watched artists, the "delete selected" button is on the RIGHT, and the "nuke all" button is on the LEFT next to the buttons to select all, select none, etc.

Should not the "nuke all" button for submissions ALSO be on the RIGHT and the "delete selected" button on the left next to the buttons that allow me to change the selections? No only for consistency sake, but to prevent the problem of a user quickly selecting a few submissions, hitting the invert button, then, because of proximity, hitting the "delete all" button? I know I have done exactly that.

Yes, they are different colors. But the location of the buttons is also important, and I think being consistent is important.

2. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

We're working on improving that inconsistency in the Beta, and some improvements should be in our next update.