Inktober! Post here!

Discussion in 'Art and Illustration' started by Reserved_Krolik, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Reserved_Krolik

Reserved_Krolik Active Member

Thank you!
    I've never tried Pathfinder, my groups usually end up using homebrew roleplaying systems... how do you find it?

2. Reserved_Krolik

Sorry for the delay, I had work, and I've been busy at home. I got them done on their respective days, I just didn't scan them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Beaknose

Beaknose Active Member

Here's some Inktober's I've done during the first week. I tend to upload them to my tumblr first and then post a past week's worth of inks to my FA gallery on Friday. I'm not following a theme list, so all of these are just stuff that I felt like drawing.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BizarreHare, Reserved_Krolik and Saga like this.
  4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Funnily enough, with Krita being created as Sai/Painter alternative for Linux, I still prefer running Sai through Wine, despite being a Linux user. Interface is way too unusual for what I've used too, couldn't get around how Krita works. So, here we have a person who uses Windows software on Linux machine and two folks who use Linux software on Windows machine :>

Reserved_Krolik likes this.
  5. Beaknose

Beaknose Active Member

Looking through this thread, there are a lot of great artists here. I don't think I would have even thought to animate anything I made for inktober. Like the rolling eyeballs gif? That was some clever stuff.

I'm putting my week's worth of inks under a spoiler since looking back my images were kind of large, sorry about that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Reserved_Krolik

These are amazing! The detail, the composition! I am very, very jealous. :D

7. Reserved_Krolik

Hey, no problem, Them being large, I can really make out every little detail. These are truly awesome! Did you draw them traditionally, or digitally? What would you say your working size was?

8. Beaknose

Beaknose Active Member

Thank you! A lot of these used refs for posing and anatomy when it came to the animals and some of the ones with the undead guy in them. So really in some parts they're more studies and exercises.

Oh, good. I got worried I was being inconsiderate or rude by just slapping them in here. I drew all of these digitally in Photoshop Elements 10 with a Wacom Intuos 5, there's not a ton of space where I live for keeping traditional works so it's more of a pragmatic decision. As for working size, I tend to start out with an A3 sized file and then expand or crop the canvas to what I want. After I'm done I shrink them down to 25% of their actual size for public uploading.

9. Saga

Saga absolutely disgusting

I've been up to my eyeballs in work so in the past few days have started things and not finished them. This is wednesday's, over the weekend I'll catch up[​IMG]

10. Reserved_Krolik

No worries! I wanted to see everyone's so it's open to everyone!
    That's understandable- I usually work on copy paper myself, and keep 'em in an expanding folder. I've got a sister that paints on huge canvases and space-wise it's kind of a pain.

11. Reserved_Krolik

:D Very cute! I'm sort of in the same boat myself.

12. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

I said before, but Im not participating in inktober this year because I have other projects to work through...and now I had some bad stressful junk hit so I wont be working on said projects much :/

That said, I did draw this lately, so here's the linework for it

25061923@400-1507598738.jpg

Not particularly fond of the general quality of my linework either and Im still trying to figure out what to do about that, maybe next year will be my year

13. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Inktober 2016 when I did more I did this and it was my favorite:

17854937@400-1456393485.jpg

It's still one of my overall favorite works and I drew it listening to "Ashes of Eden" by Breaking Benjamin

14. Reserved_Krolik

I like! Don't stress over it too much, if you're not up for it now, it's best not to force it. I learned that one the hard way...^^;

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  15. Reserved_Krolik

Here's 12 and 13, respectively! I drink too much coffee.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Saga

Couple things here, called them both #5 although the delorean ought to be 6. I may put a face behind those glasses
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

In the midst of said work I realized MS excel could be used to make pixel art. Set column and row widths to be equal and fill cells with color. Hell, you could even write a macro to do it automatically.

17. Reserved_Krolik

Oh yeah... I forgot that was possible- I figured out how to do that at work at a job years ago, when it was slow.

18. Reserved_Krolik

Oooof- I gotta catch up. But of projects are hitting at the same time, but hopefully I'll be caught up by Friday or so. ^^;

19. Saga

At this point I have succumbed to the challenge, I think I'm like 3 images behind now lmao
    #7 just a guy at a microphone
    [​IMG]

20. Reserved_Krolik

Okay, they're delayed, but here's 14 and 15!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Beaknose

Beaknose Active Member

and here's this week's inktober compilation from my end, no spoiler tags this time around, but if my posts get obnoxious I'll start using them again upon request:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Reserved_Krolik

Man, Your work is really awesome!

23. Reserved_Krolik

Okay, here's mine- not fully caught up yet, but I'm getting there!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Beaknose likes this.
  24. BurritoFart

BurritoFart New Member

wolf witch.jpg vampadison.jpg 3 spoopy.jpg These are just the ones I liked enough to complete

25. Beaknose

Beaknose Active Member

Thanks! Your stuff looks like its improving each day. I like your recent inking work.

Here's my pile of inks from this past week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]