Is Furry Art a Niche Art Style?

Discussion in 'Art & Illustration' started by ArtVulpine, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Is Furry Art a Niche Art Style?

1. Yes, only appreciated by members of the furry fandom.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, appreciated by a wider audience.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. ArtVulpine

ArtVulpine Member

Simple question that came to mind while drawing some furry art: Do you think furry art overall is a niche art style (IE only appreciated by fellow furries), or do you think that is appreciated by a larger audience?

Post your thoughts on this blow! :)

2. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

I was outside it a week ago i can say I do appreciate the art but I have no preference for the style. But only knowing about the furry fandom the way it's seen by most is turn off and makes you say "hey it looks nice but i'm not supporting that" If they had no idea what the furry fandom was at all (witch is getting less & less likely) They sure as hell would if it's good.

3. OtterScience

OtterScience New Member

I think furry art as a concept could be appreciated by anyone, really, but many times furry art is produced having in mind the fandom as the target, that share like, common interests, a certain mood, specific aesthetics, that make it weird from people outside of the community. But there are some great great artists with a very unique style that I think anyone could greatly enjoy them. nwn

4. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Furry art is hardly an art style by itself, really. It's just a way to draw things in general, which consists of many art styles, some of them are more appealing to larger audience than others.

5. PrettyKitty13

PrettyKitty13 ..is allergic to chocolate ;~;

I feel like anthropomorphic characters in general is very niche, but appeals to mass audiences. Look at Disney and Blue Sky.
    Think of animated movies like Sing or Zootopia, or illustrated books. Those people that like that subject matter outside of the furry fandom is a part of that niche.

6. Orcashia

Orcashia Blue Orca

I don't know about others but for me, I have family members and friends that aren't furs but still love my art. General and adult pieces.