Just starting out as a furry any suggestions for how to get more involved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sunfox, Aug 12, 2017.

1. sunfox

sunfox New Member

Hey I'm brand new to this community and I love it already especially the art (can't draw very well but would love to improve) I live in a very small town so I'm kinda limited to the online community if anyone has any suggestion, comments, or just want to tell me something about starting out as a furry I would love to hear it

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Meets, cons, buying art, talking to people are but a few ways.

3. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Sniffing butts.

Karatine likes this.
  4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Well, starting up as independent furry is rough, so the first thing you'll probably want to do is to find some furry manager. After that, do some fursuit gigs in your nearest mall, spread the word around, and work you way from there - you'll eventually earn respect from some major furry labels if you're talented enough at being a furry.

Tomin, Scales42 and PlusThirtyOne like this.
  5. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Don't forget the quotas! in order to maintain one's "furriness", all new furries have to get no fewer than 10 other people to join the fandom (everyone has at least that many friends and/or relatives, right?) before earning full membership. Don't worry though, you can get around that requirement by simply ordering a Bad Dragon toy and using the promo code: "notices_ur_bulge".

Yakamaru and wolflynxrae like this.
  6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

On this forum we have an initation ritual. How to perform the ritual, you ask?

The steps:
    1. Sit on a chair that can turn
    2. Spin around EXACTLY 30 times
    3. Stand up, and do the monkey dance
    5. If you can do the monkey dance without looking like you're totally drunk, +1 point from me
    6. Stare at your dog/cat for 10 seconds. Intensely
    7. If either of you blink, you fail, and must do steps 1-6 again

On a more serious note:
    Quite frankly, everyone's different. Everything from where they live, thought patterns, how social they are, etc. People have already given good suggestestions(apart from the sane ones) on how to "start out" in the fandom.

Go to meets/cons. Meet new people. Find people your own age, and optionally, arrange a meeting if possible. The internet is the best tool to find people in your area.

sunfox, Scales42 and sunburst_odell like this.
  7. Sgt. Kai

Sgt. Kai Sgt. Kai the German Shepherd Police Dog

Start by wearing a tail and endure the pain of odd looks and stupid questions about it.

Scales42 likes this.
  8. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Slowly backing away from this fandom

Tell your religious family. Get sent to bible camp. Come back dressed like satan and tell them it didnt work. Get disowned. Buy an extra gay rainbow fursuit, where it to the Sturgis bike rally and survive. Make it no secret to your neighbors that you're a furry. Lose their trust immediately. That should get you thru the door.

PlusThirtyOne, Tomin and Scales42 like this.
  9. sunfox

sunfox New Member

Sadly Already done half of those

Simo and Junkerfox like this.
  10. Tecwyn

Tecwyn Loves Chatting

What helped for me is just being active on the forum, maybe seeking out a discord server or two, getting in touch with others like yourself and chatting casually.
    This can lead to inspirations on what you want to do, or maybe other venues to explore

Simo likes this.